Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Breaker Beach 2019 this is (NOT) a hangout: aww, no funnel cakes?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 19:57:45 )
@Totalanimefan: It does, but my phone phone is a few years old and kind of slow.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:01:46 )

@onsenmark: yeah I get that. I guess slow internet is better than no internet

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:02:03 )

How long is your bus ride btw

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:08:45 )
@Totalanimefan: About two hours each leg, around five hours total* -- twoish from Norfolk to Richmond, about an hour or so layover IN Richmond, and then about two hours from Richmond to DC.

(*that is, of course, depending on the whims of God, Greyhound, and interstate traffic/morning rush hours.)

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:10:34 )

@onsenmark: I hope you can’t getting in on Thursday night because that will be a madhouse. That morning on the bus you and probably fine. One year I drove and in both DC and Baltimore the traffic was at a standstill. Ugh

Donator — ...... Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:12:03 )

darn, thread title reminds me how much I miss funnel cake from my old uni's carnival food stand.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:12:46 )

Funnel cake is the best!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:15:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Afternoon, actually. I got my badge mailed, though, so I don't have to stand in line.

Of course, I need a place for my stuff, since the guy with the room isn't getting there until around 10pm. :viodead:

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:17:55 )

@onsenmark: I got my badge mailed too. That’s the best.
You can still drop your stuff off at the hotel. Ask him to put your name on the reservation. If he won’t do that hotels still have a storage option.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:19:51 )
@Totalanimefan: I could, but people from discord are also in the Marquis, so I'm pretty sure I could drop my stuff off with them.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:21:57 )

@onsenmark: ok that’s a good idea. On the Thursday you should go to the Carnegie Library. It’s literally the building at the bottom of the con center. It just got redone and the picture look amazing. I can’t wait to see it in person. Also for breakfast on Friday morning I recommend going to Farmers and Distillers. It’s really good! My group always goes on Friday morning.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:25:29 )
@Totalanimefan: I wish the First Cup Cafe was still open; the coffee was decent, and I had a chocolate chocolate chip muffin the size of my fist. As it is, it's gonna be Pop Tarts, fruit, and juice(subject to change). I have snacks, so I'll be okay until lunch. I think.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:27:28 )

@onsenmark: yeah I’m not sure what your budget is there is a farmers market nearby on Saturday morning. It would be cheap to get breakfast and snacks there.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 20:30:01 )
@Totalanimefan: I have a budget, but still, I'm trying to keep things sort of on the cheap.

I might splurge for some Nando's, ngl.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.