Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Do you use CBD?

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 09:27:26 )
It's the latest craze if you're not counting recreational or medical marijuana. Anybody else using CBD. I've started taking some for sleep and anxiety. I've also been using for grandma for her shoulder pain ever since she fell and had a fracture. She claims it helps so I'm hopeful!

Edit FAQs:

Clicky link Wikipedia 2018 Farm Bill Act

Anonymous:
McConnell included language allowing hemp production for research in the 2014 farm bill, and the farm bill conference report would lift federal drug restrictions that have hampered expansion of the crop. The 2018 legislation also would make hemp farmers eligible for federally subsidized crop insurance.

GOP Rep. James R. Comer, a former Kentucky agriculture commissioner and member of the farm bill conference committee, said the “reclassification of hemp from a controlled provision to a regular agriculture crop” is in the conference report.

Anonymous:
Perhaps the most striking element of the Farm Bill, however, is how it amends the Controlled Substances Act. Since 1970, hemp has been listed as a Schedule I controlled substance. But H.R. 2 would exempt commercial hemp from the Schedule I classification, so long as products meet one requirement. Hemp products must contain no more than 0.3 percent of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, aka THC, by dry weight.

Several key consequences stem from this change. First, it effectively lifts the prohibition on all the other cannabinoids that can be sourced from hemp, like CBDV, CBN, CBG. Research continues to demonstrate the immense therapeutic potential of such rare cannabinoids. Under the Farm Bill’s provisions, any part of the hemp plant, from its seeds to its extracts, acids, salts, and isomers are exempt from the Controlled Substances Act.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 10:09:18 )

I’ve never used it but I really hope that it helps you and your grandma! I know it will help.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 10:23:13 )
I used it a bit to help with my migraines back before I was with child. It was the only thing I've ever had even touch them. It didn't make them go away, but it took a lot of the edge off. It also helped with my anxiety. I know countless people who swear by it as well for different miraculous things.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 10:54:09 )

My mother used it when she had chemotherapy, to be less nauseous, to be able to eat and sleep. It helped her a lot.

I was taking care of her and she told me to try some as well, to also be able asleep. It didn’t, but, then again, hitting my with a brick probably wouldn’t have helped me sleep.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 12:21:33 )
    I've tried it before but it gave me migraines :/ I keep meaning to try a different brand, maybe I'll get different results.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 13:12:33 )
It takes the edge off of my migraines, as well.
I used to also use it for anxiety attacks, but it got to be too often, and too expensive.
Pity, since It worked though, RIP. XD;;

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 15:44:17 )
SirLionelNigelConrad:
It's still illegal at the federal level in the United States. Due to the supremacy clause if it's illegal at the federal level the state cannot just make it legal.

Tell that to every head shop, dispensary and sprouts store I go to.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 17:19:05 )
@eliechan: I use it for my seizures because the pills they gave me gave me more problems...and I was feinding for them. Also losing a lot of weight fast and always getting this rage inside of me. So I stick to CBD and marijuana. It helps my migraines and body pain as well. It helps more than anything those cucks ever gave me. I hate the doctors around here. >_> We just got medical but it’s so expensive as there are only 6 dispensaries in my state right now. So I can’t jump on that train for a while. Not to mention they approved medical like 2 years ago here, and they are JUST NOW doing anything about it. People were getting their medical cards and paying to renew them- with no medicine available. They were taking people’s money, and just sitting on their asses for two years.
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 22:32:49 )
@Totalanimefan: thanks total! I tried some again last night and I think I slept well

@Glume: oh wow glad to hear it helped tho!

@Tuijp: hmmm you might have been surprised, do you think you might ever try some?

@sunny: I've read that a recent study found that 70% of the products failed the tests, and many had high chemicals and pesticides. So possibly you got a bad brand? Do you think you might try again later?

@Kozi: It is $$$ for serious. But if a few dollars for a good nights sleep makes me more productive during the day, I'll try it for now.

@SirLionelNigelConrad: from what I've read, the 2018 Farm Bill act passed by Congress in December 2018 legalize CBD federally. It declassified hemp with less than 0.3% THC from a Schedule 1 drug to a schedule 5 drug. Hence it is still a drug, and it's not regulated by the FDA, but it's legal in all 50 states and you can take it thru TSA.

@Laufeia: wow but I'm glad you feel its helping at least!

@Bioshock: that's what they claim! Pain, swelling, inflammation, anxiety, insomnia, skin and eczema etc, and others I can't recall. But be careful what you buy because many have high levels of chemicals and pesticides due to not being regulated by the FDA.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 22:39:19 )
    @eliechan: I bought it from Holland and Barretts, which is a well known health foods shop, so it should be subject to tight regulations. Either way, I'd definitely try it again, there's just so many brands to choose from, it's a little overwhelming.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 22:48:09 )
@sunny: ah true true, maybe different brands would affect people differently. But true there's a lot and probably gonna exponentially get more brands as people jump on the bandwagon too

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 05:37:27 )

@eliechan: oh that’s great! I’m glad it’s working!

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 07:14:42 )
@Bioshock: hmmm true, I guess I'm impatient lol. I normally sleep really well so insomnia is actually new for me. Although I have to admit, I do know what's causing it lol. Too much screen time right before bed + stoopid family drama headaches. I have to cut screen time first #phoneaddict

@Lilypoo: there are other CBD products besides the oils tho, have you tried things like gel capsules, gummies or even jelly bellys? I have noticed the smell but it's not too bad for me.

@Totalanimefan: thanks total! Grandma was having problems today with her Parkinson's. She was very good and did well today, but movement was just not there. It took 1hr 20min to get from the toilet to bed. I might encourage her to take a gel capsule 25mg before sleeping.

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 07:20:44 )
┌── R A X T O N ──┐
─ ──┤█║█│█║▌█╟── ─

it's illegal here, so yeah never tried them xD

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 09:45:41 )

@eliechan: I don’t know but not any time soon
@Lilypoo: I have the same when it comes to the smell (and let me tell you, not good when you live near Amsterdam). I searched info about it, if I wanted to use it, how, and they say you can take it with something. Like put a few drops on a sugar cube, hold it upside down, with the cbd on the bottom, and you won’t smell it.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 16:42:58 )

@eliechan: oh my that’s too long. How did you manage that yourself?

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/18 00:53:02 )
@Totalanimefan: very slowly lol.

Oh and fyis to anyone interested in edited 2 quotes on the first postie, if I find more will link

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/18 04:21:42 )
@Lilypoo: The smells sets me off, too. Reeealllly bad. Almost instantly. like death. x____x;;
But I get the gummy bears, and they don’t have a flavor like that. Get the sour ones, if you can. Those are even better for that.
Or else just get the little fudge chocolates. Those are good, and they can help you sleeps. :3

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/18 08:27:28 )

@eliechan: yeah that’s amazing that you are able to do that!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 03:56:40 )
As I read through the messages here, I see a lot of people with sleeping problems. Yes, you are not alone in your fight for good enough sleep. I also have sleeping issues. Doesn't sleeping suck? I never tried CBD but I was thinking about it, for sleeping problems XD I have a lot of anxiety around sleep due to a few bouts of insomnia throughout my life that lasted anywhere from two weeks to a month. When I get in this bout, my mind won't shut off and I start thinking I will never sleep normally again. I of course know this is irrational, but telling myself that doesn't help much so maybe CBD would help so that I didn't think about sleep 24/7.
This is my topic in the Exchange. Please go buy my items. I have old crate items and orb items for sale.

https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7218/#666694

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.