Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I had a nice Saturday today

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/14 07:40:40 )

It was a nice day today. I got to sleep in, I made French Toast! I walked around outside at a beautiful outdoor mall that looks more like a European city center than a mall. I got some new bras on sale and then I met up with a friend I hadn’t seen in months for dinner.
The new episode of one piece was great and now I’m just chilling with some popcorn. Life is good.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/14 17:46:42 )
@Totalanimefan: That sounds like a wonderfully chill day. :D Where did you guys go for dinner?
And I love bra sales too! But only if it’s Victoria’s Secret bras because those bras last forever.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/14 20:30:23 )

@Tsundererra: I don’t know last time you bought a VS bra is but I find their quality to be very bad and their sizing limited. (I used to sell lingerie). I recommend going to a Nordstrom if you are near one and get a fitting there. Also the anniversary sale is on so $60+ Bras are on sale for $40-ish.
We had dinner at a Shabu Shabu place.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/14 20:32:37 )

@koneko: I just got a new washer and dryer like 2 months ago and it’s life changing!! I could never go back.
There was one hiccup were I was going to get something at Sephora but no one was round to help me. So I left without buying anything.
Cleaning is a good idea. I did most of my cleaning on Thursday night because I had a friend come over.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/14 21:30:01 )
@Totalanimefan: I think the last time I got VS bras were maybe in 2013 or 2014. Before then, I only bought bras from Wal-mart. ):
I worked at Sephora at the time, and management was really strict with our image... I got pressured to get an “adult” purse, undies, perfume, etc because we need to represent the LV image. (Fun fact: if you call their customer service and complain about the shitty service at the store, they’ll more than likely give you a $50 gift card. The workers are always supposed to eye contact, greet, and assist.) I’ll check out nordstrom’s bras, but I got sold some shitty spanx there last time so I’m a bit salty.
Btw, shabu shabu sounds like an awesome choice! :)

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/14 21:54:26 )

@Tsundererra: thanks for the advice. Also VS is much better than Walmart. Those are probably the worst lol
But I recommend the brands- Wacoal (a Japanese brand), Natori, Chantelle, Calvin Klein, and some others.
I might complain to customer service because I was very upset. I was on a time limit and I couldn’t find what I was looking for anywhere. Shabu is great

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/14 22:17:29 )
@Totalanimefan: They definitely are the lowest of low quality, but it was all I knew growing up. They’d wear down so fast and the wiring would break and stab me. ;~; That’s why VS feels so luxurious to me. I’ll check out the other brands just to branch out. Thanks for the suggestions~ :>
Man, it bothers me that Sephoras differ in customer service quality. At my old store, we had a “greeter” whose sole purpose was to stand at the door and acknowledge the customer, give them a basket, and grab them someone who can help them. ): Were you looking for a particular item?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 04:18:34 )

@Tsundererra: to be fair the store was very busy. Normally they are good but there was a girl working on a stand and I asked her where a certain Sephora favorites set was. And she just said probably in the front of the store. And then countinued to do what she was doing.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 04:19:00 )

@Tsundererra: of you are still in Japan I really do love Wacoal.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 04:38:26 )
@Totalanimefan: Omg, that is a big no no. )x We’re supposed to go above and beyond and lead the client to the product or ask someone who does know. She might be new doe. You can always try to order the set from online.

And I’m not really fond of Japanese bras... all the expat women import their bras because the bras are 1) super padded. Like 80% padding and no room for boob meat. And 2) the sizes are a joke. A D-cup there is like a B cup. It’s sad because they’re really pretty.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 07:36:37 )
@Totalanimefan: And then you get into Sunday and realize that Otakon is the following wee...

oh poopie

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 08:53:01 )
@Totalanimefan: omg your weekend sounds like my ideal day except for perhaps a spa day lol. Ive been wanting shabu shabu recently too

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 10:04:58 )

@Tsundererra: oh girl this brand is not like those bras that are toys. Most Wacoal bras don’t have any padding.
https://www.wacoal-america.com/

@onsenmark: yeah I can’t believe it! I’m getting into DC the Tuesday before Otakon so it’s just over a week away for me!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 10:06:50 )

@eliechan: yes All I was missing with the spa day! Those are really nice but I haven’t had one in so long!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 10:29:22 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh thank god they Americanized these bras. I’ll def check them out because they look comfy. Uniqlo America does the same thing. I bought a shirt from there last week, and I sized up because I thought it was the same sizes they use in Japan. @__@ Definitely not the same sizes.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 18:41:42 )

@Tsundererra: yeah I haven’t looked at their Japanese website but they are pretty legit in the states. Mostly older people would buy them. Haha I also like them because they have my size which is a 30DDD. Also their red carpet strapless is the best strapless ever.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 19:01:20 )
@Totalanimefan: It’s good to see they’re not a snob with their sizes like VS. If they don’t have your size, they try to sell you bra extenders to make up for the difference. /:
I’m old now, so these are right up my alley. :’D Do you buy your Wacoal bras online? Or at Nordstrom?

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 04:56:06 )

@Tsundererra: I do it at Nordstrom because you can always return it. No matter what. But I have ordered from Wacoal’s website before.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 05:35:32 )
@Totalanimefan: did you get your badge(s) yet? People were getting them in the mail yesterday.

(I got mine, for the record. :violet-celebrate: )
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/16 05:41:04 )

@onsenmark: I got mine today! I’m so excited.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.