Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Bad sleep habits?

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 00:23:55 )
I love sleep but I have really bad sleep habits which is mostly my fault.

I'd come home about 10pm from workies, feel pooped and take a late nap on the sofa. Then I'll wake at midnight to check on grandma and tuck her in. Then shower and do housework till 2am, can't sleep till 330am, set my alarm till 7, hit snooze till 745am. And repeat.

I'm sure it's at least 6hrs in there but because it's disjointed, I'm always tired which means I need a nap and that messes up my sleep lol. Plus grandma sleeps late omg.

Anyone else have bad sleep habits to keep me company?

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 00:35:06 )
hmm I dunno that I have bad sleep habits really, waking up is the only hard part, ya know, hitting snooze 100 times till ur late, then I get stressed cuz we’re late lol.
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 02:00:27 )
I can fall asleep but not stay asleep.
I wake up a lot from nightmares, and then lie in the dark and not be able to fall back asleep.
Then waking up in the morning for work is rough because I’ll actually get into a REM sleep thirty minutes before my alarm.
I always say I’m going to go home and take a nap and never do.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — Inhabited Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 02:43:17 )

I have a tendency to stay on my phone for a couple hours after I lay down, makes it hard to fall asleep. :'D
I also tend to sleep on my hands, it's kinda messin' them up, they go numb a lot.
A Lil Pixel Shop | Quest Thread

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 03:50:34 )

Normally I'm good about my sleep habits, but lately because of company being over, holidays, being sick and working on the house it's hard for me to fall asleep before 1am, but normally it's 2:30am.
But then I also haven't been getting 8 hours of sleep. If I wake up for work it's at 8am.
I have to work on fixing it. I'm the type of person that really needs 8 hours of sleep.

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 04:53:10 )
I follow my sleep routine religiously. However, I sleep around 3:00 AM because that's when I want to sleep and wake up around 9:00 AM. Unlike most people probably, I am completely fine with only getting 6 hours of sleep everyday. I do not need 8 and getting 8 actually makes me feel worse than getting 6. To be honest, I don't like going to sleep at all. It is annoying to lay there and close your eyes, waiting to sleep. I wish I could snap my fingers and be knocked out.

I also wake up 2-3 times during this stretch to go to the bathroom so then I have to go back to sleep again. Sometimes I just get angry and decide to stay up even if I get less than 6.

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 07:31:18 )
@Laufeia: I totally do that 100 times snooze lol. I even have multiple alarns all snoozing simultaneously. Which ends up being like 2 minutes apart lol lol.

@Lithium: aaah that's pretty tough. I read your post earlier, I wouldn't know if or when your dreams might get better, but I hope that the nightmares will get replaced by better memories soon.

@Francisco: oh I'm that too, I know I shouldn't play on my phone but... 3 hrs later like omg. I sleep on my side recently which isn't bothering me much as such, but I know it's eventually gonna cause thoracic outlet syndrome and pinched nerves.

@Totalanimefan: I need 8hrs of sleep too but I never seem to get it. Which is why I'm eternally tired. Hopefully your life will go back to normal soon tho.

@Kiri: it's great you know your body so well, I do actually love sleep. For me, it's almost like a luxury, time for myself. Even if I get up I can still go back to bed. But I've heard people exist that don't like sleep! lol j/k.

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 07:43:18 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: ouch, double ouch. How long ago was that?

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 15:04:08 )
@eliechan: They do exist though because I am right here and I don't like it XD Dreaming is nice but I would rather be up 24/7 if that were possible. I have my reasons though. I suffer from chronic insomnia and I have had bouts of it where I only got 2 hours of sleep a day for two weeks. One time, it was a whole month and I was going insane. I am really obsessive when it comes to sleep. If my routine is messed up, I start freaking out because then I worry that another bad insomnia bout is coming. Once my sleep cycle gets messed up for say a few days in a row, that's when it turns into two weeks or even one month. I won't even sleep over someone's house because I can't get to bed unless I am used to where I am sleeping.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 15:32:35 )

I stay up too late fairly often but not anything really bad.
I do toss and turn a lot in my sleep which isnt that good for my bed but i don't hurt myself.
I sleep too deeply so it is very uncomfortable when i wake and my body has to start up.
In the past i both sleepwalked and sleeptalked. Ended up on the roof a couple of times and when i got a room on the second floor with ladder access to the first floor i walked straight out into the air two or three nights, but that was long ago

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 16:52:42 )

@eliechan: yeah I’m going to work on fixing it. It’s almost important because in two weeks I’ll be on the east coast which is 3 hours ahead so 10am there feels like 7am here.

Donator — skin holes Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 23:57:03 )
Sleeping
👅

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 04:18:07 )
skin holes is right. Sleeping is a bad sleep habit.
This is my topic in the Exchange. Please go buy my items. I have old crate items and orb items for sale.

https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7218/#666694

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 04:20:50 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Lately I go to bed at 3am and get up between 12:30pm-1pm :vanora_sweat:
i would love to get up and go to bed earlier but my body just
doesn't want to lmao

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 16:59:38 )

By the way I’m improving my sleep habits this week! I hope to keep it on track.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 17:47:26 )

I was extremely sleepy the whole day even tho i slept for 8 hours. It was not nice.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.