Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback July Crate Items Feedback Thread

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 12:45:09 )

Hey Volties, we could really use your feedback. We at Voltra are always watching and listening, so the more response
we got to these sort of things the more we can improve your experience here!

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set your reviewing do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories, those are just some suggestions for the direction you can take your feedback in.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it." As it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template to start off your review:

[b]Melon Cutie[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Turnip for What[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Tree Spirit[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Nefarious Guard[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being very helpful!

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 13:48:33 )

Melon Cutie
★★★★★
Super adorable item, love the leg pose.
I enjoy that the neck tie can be a separate pose, and the colour schemes are versatile.
Turnip for What
★★★★✩
I think this item is hilarious, I love the lil turnip sprite.
My only issue is the hat, I just don’t know what to do with it ATM.
Tree Spirit
★★★★✩
*i do not have this item yet*
I love all of the colours!!! The face pose and the leaves on the arms are a really cool idea.
I can’t wait to grab one of these.

1. Do the mods layer well?
So far working with the items, layering has not been an issue!
If I do run into anything, I’ll edit the post.
2. Can you match these with other items on the site?
Sure can! Currently trying to put together the red/grey/navy scheme with turnip for what. <3
3. Should we focus on matching color schemes of previous sets?
It definitely would be a good idea if we don’t plan on having a “dye system” but at the same time I like the difficulty of trying to match items. Idk. Maybe match at least one of the colours schemes per item to any old item.
4. Do you see yourself using any set in particular? What pose is most appealing to you and why do you think so?
Out of these 3, probably melon cutie ONLY BC of the leg mods and the neck tie. It just seems like I can pair them with a lot of looks.
5. Do you like the color schemes that were picked out for these?
I do. If it matters my favs for these are
Melon cutie: mint/shortcake
Turnip for what: wine/grey/midnight
Tree spirit: grape/eggplant/ midnight
6. What have you seen us repeat over the months that you think we should avoid in the future months? Like a certain color scheme, a certain type of clothing or a specific mod.
Different types of bags instead of the same crossbody purse.
Melon cutie, splish splash and lil piggies all have crossbody bags. Now I love them A LOT but I would like to see different types. <3
7. What kind of poses/items would you like us to make in the upcoming months? Example: More hats, facial mods, holding something, etc.
Yessss more haaaaats
Also some more edgier themed items would be cool beans

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/3 20:55:41 )
Melon Cutie
★★★★★
Obviously I love it..especially the leg mod. I like extra thiccness <3..Such a cute pose!!! I really love the floating watermelons too. Really nothing bad to say about this one.

Turnip For What
★★★✩✩
The hat really throws me off. Maybe there is a little too much going on? Idk. I think the rest is really nice. I love the little turnips. And the outfit looks nice together. I do like the sketch for the turnip hat.

Tree Spirit
★★★★✩
I love the colors and the design. The leaf hair is very well done too. The wood looks awesome. I like how the leg branches join together.

Nefarious Guard
★★★★✩
Awesome detail in this one. The pose is pretty great as well. I don't particularly like the colors on the inside of the wings of the yellow and the pink color schemes. The chains are cool how they bring the top together. Overall really cool.

1. Do the mods layer well? I think so, yes!! Keep it up.
2. Can you match these with other items on the site? Yes, you can! I put some other hair with my melon cutie outfit and it looks perfect. As well as the eyes.
3. Should we focus on matching color schemes of previous sets? Sure, I think it is nice to mix things around and make your own looks.
4. Do you see yourself using any set in particular? The melon cutie. Look at me now...xD What pose is most appealing to you and why do you think so? I've said this, but I really do enjoy the melon cutie pose. It's a little bashful and cute, and the thickness of her legs just adds to it. Lol
5. Do you like the color schemes that were picked out for these? Yes, from what I've seen so far, the color schemes are always really dope. These are no different. I think they are great.
6. What have you seen us repeat over the months that you think we should avoid in the future months? Well I have just joined recently, so I can't say much about this one.
7. What kind of poses/items would you like us to make in the upcoming months? Some new facial features would be nice. Such as eyes, noses, mouths. I would also really like to see some more tattoos/piercings as well.
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 01:26:59 )

Melon Cutie
★★★★✩
I really like this item. There are only two things that keep me for giving it a 5/5. That would be that the shoes/feet are just a little too tiny (but the rest of the mod is wonderful!) and the shortcake/mint combo. I do like that combo, but on this item it just looks so odd and it has that tiny holes phobia thing going on (but some how the other colors don't and there are the same holes ?!?! How does that work?)

Turnip for What
★★★✩✩
I like the way the clothes drape, but at the same time the folds look a little bit unnatural? The big anime-eyed sentient Turnip is cute and Pokemon-like but also kinda creepy lol

Tree Spirit
★★★★★
Although I don't own one set myself this is a cool item that seems really easy to wear/match with other items. It's unique as well. I would say that all of the items this month were unique!

Nefarious Guard
★★★★✩
I'm not a the biggest fan of the left foot, but I already said that in release thread. Make sure that thing kind of item is always treated with extra care because it's a special item that one can only get through spending a fair amount of Ohms! I think you guys killed it with the last collectors bundle item and this one is cool too!

I'm always impressed with how well the MODs on here work!

Yes you can. I know that it's hard to come up with 3 colors for watermelons ^^;

I honestly think that you guys are doing great with the color schemes. I love seeing more, and I wouldn't like it if we just used the same 6 or so over and over. It would get boring.

4. Do you see yourself using any set in particular?
I could see myself using all of them, and I'm going to get all of the items. I would say that I like the melon one best.

The last color scheme for the melon item (with shortcake is it?) looks a little weird but once again what can you do? Watermelon only comes naturally in so many colors.

6. What have you seen us repeat over the months that you think we should avoid in the future months?
I was hoping in the Spring orb we were going to have a ton of Spring themed items just like in the Orbs before that one. I was a bit sad when the Orb did contain those kinds of items, but I really loved the items that we got. I'm always looking forward to seeing what new items the staff will come up with.

7. What kind of poses/items would you like us to make in the upcoming months? I would love to see more accessories! Also I would look through some fashionable catalogs like Nordstrom, Lord and Taylor etc and use it as inspiration for dresses, accessories, men's fashion and others!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/5 10:47:34 )

Melon Cutie
★★★★✩
Not so much my thing with the feminine/overly cutesy style, but the mods look good and I appreciate the handheld food items. I like the watermelons in the background and I think the color choices for this one are on point. My only complaint is that aside from the hands and maybe background poses, it's not very versatile; I don't see myself having much use for it.

Turnip for What
★★✩✩✩
This one kinda confuses me. The color choices seem weird to me, and the theme of living turnips has me scratching my head, as does the big turnip hat but I'll chalk that one up to personal preference. It's not bad overall and I think the details are pretty well done, but I think more could have been done to make it stand out as a CI. There's no one pose that stands out to me on this item. That said, the basket, "skirt", and scarf top? (seems like it would have been better layering as a scarf than a top; another confusing choice) could be pretty versatile.

Tree Spirit
★★★✩✩
First off, I really enjoy the colors of this one. The gradients on the leaves look especially nice, and I think the different combinations all suit the look and theme of the item pretty well while still providing a different enough variety to keep it interesting. My favorite pose for this is the branches. Simple but effective background and border items are some of my favorite elements. The mask is an interesting choice and I like the concept of the tree trunk legs and the leaves on the body. While I also like the idea of leaf hair, the execution of this one unfortunately left a lot to be desired IMO. With so many exciting possibilities, I was really disappointed that the hairstyle just resembled every other choppy "boyish" haircut we seem to have on the site. I would have loved to see something a little more unique, and overall I felt like there was a lot of potential with this theme that was not utilized.

Nefarious Guard
★★★★★
I love how versatile the poses are while still having a lot of visual impact. The color choices look great, and that hair may be my new favorite on the site. I do have a nitpick about the left foot facing a bit too far outward, and the wings looking a little "flat". I think if they'd been shaded with more folds, they'd be some very interesting wings, but as is, I don't think I'll use them much if any. My favorite pose is the jacket/arms.

Yes, haven't noticed any issues with them so far.
Yes. I find color matching on this site to be pretty easy most of the time in general.
I don't really think it's necessary. There are a lot of items in just about every color combination, and half the fun of putting together an avatar is finding ways to make a theme work more so than just having everything match in color.
4. Do you see yourself using any set in particular? What pose is most appealing to you and why do you think so?
Out of these, definitely Nefarious Guard. I like the top body mod pose and hair the best, as they feel very dynamic and aren't too similar to existing items while still having a lot of potential uses.
For the most part, I think the color choices for these sets were great. The only one I didn't care much for was the color schemes (particularly the recolors) for Turnip For What.
6. What have you seen us repeat over the months that you think we should avoid in the future months? Like a certain color scheme, a certain type of clothing or a specific mod.
I could stand to see a lot fewer dresses/skirts, tiny-footed leg mods, giant bows, and especially sleeves that hang over the hands.
7. What kind of poses/items would you like us to make in the upcoming months? Example: More hats, facial mods, holding something, etc.
We desperately need more facial feature and expression mods, and especially more facial hair. More hairstyles in general, as most of the ones we do have/get tend to look the same. I'd also really like to see more background items and more masculine and gender-neutral stuff.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/9 17:28:55 )
┌── R A X T O N ──┐
─ ──┤█║█│█║▌█╟── ─

Melon Cutie
★★★★✩
Not really my kind of item, but its really cute & have some awesome poses too
and no complains in any of the pose from me.. maybe the shoes are too small?

the color combos are really nice.. i know that you guys try to base it on real watermelons colors
which is a really good thing.. but yeah there are other color of watermelons beside red & pink xD
like yellow, orange, etc

What i would change? probably add more color for the neck tie?
its kinda a mono color item, the red & pink bit on the neck tie are kinda hard to see
and most of the necktie are on the shade of green.
would love for you guys to add red / pink neck tie ( invert them? )

Turnip for What
★★★✩✩
Its kinda similar with the melon cutie actually xD
its awesome.. but not really my cup of tea..

Color combos are really nice.. but the pink / blue turnip is a weird combo for me lol
and you guys kinda combo it again with bark color which makes it more weird ;u;
so its like something bright popping out of the dark,
i think it would be nicer to switch out either pink / blue with white?
and instead of bark maybe use some of the lighter ones ( khaki, beige, etc )

What I would change? the eyes on the big turnip ;u;
maybe an extra pose without the eyes or maybe smaller eyes would be nice..
I m not really fond on the helmet, but the leaf part of the helmet is kinda amazing hahaha xD
would love for it to be in their own separate pose tbh

Tree Spirit
★★★★✩
This is actually supposed to be my kind of item
i love the idea of it, but yeah its a bit weird on the execution

the wood part of the items is amazing, the leaf part tho.. not as much ;u;
so yeah love the mask, the leg mods, the branch
kinda neutral on the leaf accessories , but that hair tho ;u;
kinda wish you guys did more on it? i am actually okay with the hairstyle
but just kinda wish you guys make that hairstyle using smaller leaves..
to make it look a bit more like a hair instead of a hat xD

What I would change? probably an extra pose of the branch without the leaves if possible?

Nefarious Guard
★★★✩✩
Okay i might be a bit harsh & picky on this since its kinda the 'expensive' item xD
so sorry in advance ;u;

The hair & the horns are amazing o:
got to be one of my favorite so far on the site.. especially the hair
The staff are kinda okay ish..
The other pose tho, not as much..

First the leg, it kinda feels to me that the right & left leg are a bit different in length?
like the right leg is kinda longer than the left?
Same problem with the shirt pose..
The left part of the shirt pose ( the side that is not holding the staff ) is really amazing, while the right side kinda weird..
there is something pointy on the right shoulder part which make the pose a bit uneven?
also it looks like that the right hand ( the one holding the staff ) have 6 fingers, but that might just be me xD
For me, these 2 pose is a bit weird in proportions & looks a bit uneven..

The Wings ;u;
i dont know what, maybe the shading, or the way that its colored ..
it just makes it looks really flat..

-----

Also I would recommend to use as few colour as possible on a single pose in the future guys ( like 2 max ).. Dont try to cram the whole colour combo to a pose... Since the fewer the colour in a pose = the easier to mix and match the items with other items.. Personally i think that will give people freedom to make their own colour combos and not stuck to the colour combos that you ve decided xD

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 23:26:47 )
Melon Cutie
★★★★★
Omg, I love everything about this! The legs pose in particular is super cute. I love the bow, purse, dress, and watermelon eating hands. I also love how the clothes ribbon thing can come separately. The color scheme in this item matches up nicely with a lot of other items.

Turnip for What
★★★✩✩
The idea of this set was cute, I just wish it was more than just accessories. For example, the Melon Cutie had a dress, legs, and even a bunch of melons we can throw on the background. On the plus side, the turnips are really cute and I like the color schemes.

Tree Spirit
★★★✩✩
This item has more versatility than the Turnip for What. With that said, I found this set a little boring. It’s made really well, and I do like all the poses... it’s just I wish there was something more. Like give me a mini angry looking tree sprite or a background of dancing trees. Maybe I’m just not a tree person, and my bias is taking over.

One issue I had was in the beginning when I tried to put on my melon purse, my avatar would disappear. That issue seems to have been resolved.
Another issue that I’ve come across is how the turnip scarf layers with clothing. I can’t seem to equip any tops with it. And whatever clothing it does work with, the scarf layers on the bottom when it should layer on top.

Definitely, yes.

I like having variety. Like of course I want some items to match, but I don’t want every set to have the same color schemes. Keep it random. The schemes in this set works for me.

4. Do you see yourself using any set in particular?
Yes, I’m currently using two of them now, and I have another outfit that uses the third one.

Yeeeeeeeeep. The variety is awesome and works with a lot of different items.

6. What have you seen us repeat over the months that you think we should avoid in the future months?
I haven’t been here long enough to notice anything of the sort. xD

7. What kind of poses/items would you like us to make in the upcoming months?
I’m all about the unique leg poses, eyes, hair, and backgrounds, so keep those coming! One thing I’ve noticed is that the clothing aren’t very multicultural. I’d love to see more kimonos, hanbok, saris, etc. So more representation would be nice. And on a personal note, I’d love to see a magical girl set. :3

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — Wet Possum Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/30 05:38:39 )
Melon Cutie
★★★★✩
I really like this item. My only complaint really is the feet seem really small. I love the legs but to me the feet look way too small, but then again I"m kinda partial towards the Summer Fox feet. I wouldn't mind to have seen some other poses with this item as well, like maybe a bow on the chest/neck that matched the hair bow, watermelons on the ground with vines, or maybe a a coloration of a yellow watermelon (green on the outside but a yellowish gold inside). To me it's just too much of a similar color palette. Other than that it's really cute.

Turnip for What
★★★✩✩
This item is okay, but I don't really think I would use this much as Melon Cutie. It would have been nice with something other than accessories, like maybe overalls, garden hat, etc. Another accessory idea could have been other gardening tools or dirt you can have layered on your avatar. I personally really like the color scheme on this one, especially the darker one. To me it kinda makes it feel like it's rotting. P.S. I love the hat, I kinda want to use it to make a turnip alien look.

Tree Spirit
★★★✩✩
I don't have this item, and have not seen all the poses so excuse me if I say something wrong. :<
I do like the concept of it, but to me I kinda wish it did more. Maybe something like a wood base skin rather than just the legs and head, and maybe a bird's nest as a hat? I also agree that the hair would probably be nicer with smaller leaves.

Nefarious Guard
★★★★★
I don't have this item either. I love the color schemes and poses. I also feel like it's a good combination of accessories vs clothes. No other comments really besides it's made very well. If I had to say anything, maybe an option for smaller wings?

For the most part yes. The only thing I found kinda weird is how the handkerchief on Turnip for What layers under some tops/sweaters. I have only tried it with Dad Fashion and the Pride Sweater, but it would have been nice to wear it over those items.

Of course. I feel like most items on this website are made very well and easily match with each other.

I think it would help but I wouldn't mind if different colors are used together and not always stuck on specific combinations.

I really like Melon Cutie. I feel like I would use the legs a lot (even though I wish the feet were bigger), the bows a lot, and even the bag. I really like accessories, especially good statement pieces. The only pose I'm not too keen on would be the neck scarf, to me it's too bulky.

Yes for the most part. The only one I wish had different options were Melon Cutie. I know it's a watermelon but it felt like too much pink. I would have loved to see the yellow watermelon I mentioned earlier.

I haven't been here long enough to know. Sorry. :<

7. What kind of poses/items would you like us to make in the upcoming months? Example: More hats, facial mods, holding something, etc
I would love to see some facial hair, I don't know many items that have it. I also really like leg poses, arm poses, head accessories, and maybe special skins. Oh and more hair!
My Hangout
Call me, ping me, if you wanna reach me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.