Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature If you could change the ending...

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 04:02:43 )
If you could change the ending of any book or series, what would it be?

When it comes to writing fan fiction, I will write about video game and anime characters all day long, but I have always felt awkward about taking another person's book and rewriting it. However...there is a book by Roxanne Longstreet called "The Undead," where the author suddenly switched directions halfway through and it makes me want to rewrite the second half of her book (especially the ending) SO BAD. I actually contacted the author to ask her why she did that. LOL! She said she had never written a book before, but that a friend of hers was in publishing and desperate (way before the time of Twilight) to find books about vampires, so she agreed to write one just for fun. And basically she didn't know what she was doing so she just had fun with it.

And it really is good, it is. But the writer in me wants to edit out one whole character, and give the book the ending it deserved. lol!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 05:33:51 )

@Bioshock: I knew someone was going to say Harry Potter. It was the first thing I thought of.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 05:34:20 )

I would change every harem that ends with him not picking a girl!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 23:45:52 )
I would change the ending to this series called Fallen it just didn’t end how I’d thought. Idk. Just one of those things where to starts out really good and then just ends like oh okay :3..... she did write a book years later continuing it (kind of) and I thought it was really good though.
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 14:32:41 )
Eldweena:
If you could change the ending of any book or series, what would it be?

When it comes to writing fan fiction, I will write about video game and anime characters all day long, but I have always felt awkward about taking another person's book and rewriting it. However...there is a book by Roxanne Longstreet called "The Undead," where the author suddenly switched directions halfway through and it makes me want to rewrite the second half of her book (especially the ending) SO BAD. I actually contacted the author to ask her why she did that. LOL! She said she had never written a book before, but that a friend of hers was in publishing and desperate (way before the time of Twilight) to find books about vampires, so she agreed to write one just for fun. And basically she didn't know what she was doing so she just had fun with it.

And it really is good, it is. But the writer in me wants to edit out one whole character, and give the book the ending it deserved. lol!

I'm not sure if you read anything by Rick Riordan, but I'd want certain specifics that led to how The Blood of Olympus ended to change, really.

I can elaborate if you've read it.

Voltie — Weeb Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 07:44:03 )
『o why rebuke you him that loves you so...

I would change the ending to The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon. I found myself completely enamored with the idea of the book, a sort of Eleanor & Park for contemporary times. However, the ending is such absolute garbage--it forces you along this journey of two people are trying to defy fate: falling in love in 24 hours and stopping a deportation order. It requires such a substantive suspension of disbelief on this premise alone but the ending really cooked my goose. I did NOT hang around with these barely likable characters to be jerked around in the way I was. r00d

Speaking of Eleanor & Park , we Park deserved better. That's all I've got to say.

...lay breath so bitter on your bitter foe 』

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.