Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games When you create a character, is it you?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 04:11:14 )
A lot of games today let you customize the appearance of your player character. Do you find that you gravitate toward making a character who looks and acts like you, or do you go for something completely opposite and with totally different goals and morals than yourself?

I make males and females at a pretty even ratio, and I don't try to make anyone who looks like me intentionally. I tend to use other races and builds than my own, really. But I almost always play a "good guy." Even when I want to try playing as a member of the dark side, like a mass murderer or a thief, I tend to just do it for a little fun, then don't save those characters. I always tend to make a goody two shoes, even when I would like to see how the other side lives.

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 05:38:12 )
Are ya reddy, guyz?!
If we're talking everything can be customized, you bet I'm purple all the way through, which is how I represent myself online, especially in doodles and such
If not, I usually opt for palest skin possible with purple hair and eyes
If I'm restricted to naturally occurring colors, green eyes no one ever has hazel, rip and red hair
Hair length varies. Games usually have long hairstyles while avi sites have short, though even that isn't always consistent

On the good and bad thing, two saves: one good one bad

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 05:52:36 )
Are ya reddy, guyz?!
@Bioshock: idk my hair is dirty blonde but someone saw it as red enough that Kit Has Irish Roots before
Which is true, I do have some Irish heritage, but not much
People are strange

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 05:55:59 )
Are ya reddy, guyz?!
@Bioshock: yeah it was really weird that he figured it out
Especially since I wear a hat that all my hair is shoved into so only a little bit is ever visible

questShop

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 06:16:48 )
Do i make myself? Sometimes. Mostly just sims though. As for things like MMOs, i tend to try to make my OCs since i have so many. Sometimes i make something new if my ocs didnt really fit in.
I wear many faces

Art Shop
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7892 Art Dump
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7849 Item Shop
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7944

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 09:08:33 )

I usually try to make my OCs if I think there's enough there to work with to pull it off.
Other than that, no. I play around the with settings to find the most visually appealing things and I make up a personality and background in my head for the person as I go along based on what I've put together.

So in short, no. I don't ever make me. I always make someone new.

I also think I have a pretty even divide between genders too.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 10:56:37 )
No way in hell. I usually strive to make them as different as possible. 👍🏻✨

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 11:38:53 )

Most games I play don't have a customizable character. And in the Sims I would never want a version of myself.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/25 03:36:09 )
@vengeance: I only made myself in Sims 4 for one reason, and that was when Pets came out, I promised my cat I would make a sim of him. And I didn't want him to be raised by anyone else. lol!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.