Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 19:44:37 )
Why hello there, cuties.

I'm new around these parts.
Let me introduce myself.

I'm Shoobadoo!

Sagittarius,
Weeb,
26 Y/O avatar community Veteran,
Gamer,
Artist,
Horror Fan,
And dweeb.

I work long hours in an office with very little traffic, so I'm constantly trying to find ways to consume my time. It gets VERY boring, VERY fast. How many of you are around the same age as me? I hope I'm not the only oldie here... /cri

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 19:50:44 )

I am one year older than you, don't worry. The average age around here is also in the 20s to 30s. Welcome to Voltra! How are you liking it so far? If you have any questions don't be shy to ask Also, my hubby is a Sagittarius too! He is quite the handful XD

Always ping me please.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 20:05:03 )
@Saeyra

Thank goodness, I was a little concerned I'd stumbled into a preteen community.
x,D
I would have bolted faster than a Policeman on a motorcycle catching up to the donut truck.

Nice to meet you!
Yeppers-Saggies can totally be out of control a lot of the time in terms of hyperactivity and getting into peoples bubbles...

/embarrass

I've barely stuck my toe in the water here! So I have to get a better feel of the community before forming an opinion; however, I do quite like the avatar style! I am disappointed at the little options I see in terms of items and accessories though :< but I understand it's still fairly new?

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 20:14:09 )
@Shoobadoo: Welcome to Voltra! So glad you're here!
We're always open to item suggestions, so feel to let us know what you would love to see! :3

Have fun posting around the forums!

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 20:27:10 )
@Kozi:

I have a kind of indie/witch style that I'm getting into, so I'd love to see some hexy/witchcraft related items.

Or even some more sexy clothes? I really dig the kind of
bdsm style? with tightness but elegancy?
clothes.

But I'm not sure how mature this community is and how lenient they are with these terms.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 20:41:34 )

@Shoobadoo: Welcome on here. Let me send you a trade with free items.
Sagittarius, Gamer, Artist, Horror Fan. See those are all a +. I am all of that as well. But artist as in graphics artist in my case.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 21:00:44 )
@vengeance:

Oh, Woa!
Thanks dude.
I super appreciate that.

I know a few graphic Designers as well.
I went to college for a short while to study 3D modeling but booked it after the first semester.

Art isn't cheap...

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 21:05:12 )

@Shoobadoo: I never liked 3D modeling. I like designing stuff like logo's, banners, websites etc.
What type of games do you play?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 21:54:11 )
@vengeance:

I noticed!
Your banner(s) are pretty impressive.

I have a long way to go in terms of art, but I like it because there's always something new to learn.
Styles, techniques, forms... but I think that applies to anything creative.

The only form of art I can't seem to stand is sewing. I have hand tremors, so doing things that involve concentration are a struggle.
(like cutting carefully with scissors)
It takes me (I feel) twice as long to draw digitally as well. Lineart is my worst enemy...

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 21:57:52 )

@Shoobadoo: Don't tell me about sewing. I hate it XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 21:58:29 )
@vengeance:

Also!
Totally forgot to talk about the game question.
:virgilsurprised:
I love, love, LOVE storyline games.
Last of Us, Tales of Series, Legens of Zelda, Uncharted -- I adore them.

I like the idea of being rewarded with the story as I play :3
But I do like shooters as well! Splatoon, Overwatch, COD...

I'm currently playing through Kingdom Hearts 3, and I'm eager to finally start Days Gone.

But I have such a bad habit of putting down a game and forgetting about it... so I try to beat one before starting one instead ( i w i )

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 22:00:27 )
@vengeance:

Oh, it's atrocious!

I can't stand sitting there watching something slowly form, whilst pricking my finger and risk fudging up the entire 4-day-!! ...

Topic destroyed. Will not go there.

BUT... I am tempted, for I enjoy cosplaying, and I have lot of friends who DO SEW SUCCESSFULLY.
I'll stick to making simple props...

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 22:00:46 )

@Shoobadoo: Hey welcome to Voltra! We are always excited for new meat members of our community! I’m a dweeb too. I like anime, manga, Japanese music, video games etc
I hope to see you around lots. I wouldn’t worry about adventuring out. We are a friendly lot.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 22:01:48 )

Oh and I’m 27, turning 28 next month.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 22:03:36 )

@Shoobadoo: That last line is so me XD Like 80% of my games are unplayed XD I have over 100 games in my libary and the steam sale will start soon. I love to play shooter games. I am huge Unreal Tournament fan. But I also play a lot of old shooter games. Building games are also my thing. Sim City, Cities: Skylines, Roller Coaster Tycoon. I also play the Sims 4. Have almost all expansion packs. And I love love horror games.

I also have some consoles. 2 old Sega's, a Xbox360 and both mini Nintendo's. On the Sega I love to play Sonic. On the Xbox the Lego games and Assasins Creed.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 22:07:21 )
@Totalanimefan:

Totally nice to meet you!
Everyone here has been friendly (and my age) thusfar!
I'm super happy to hear we are all on the same mature level-ish. hehe.

And nerds to boot! Anything in particular that peaks your interest lately?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 22:13:49 )
@vengeance:

DUUUUDEEEE
Horror games are the bee's knees.

Yeeess maaatteee.
There's a few I'm looking forward to!
Like the Blair Witch game they've been talking about, Last of us 2, A Plague Tale, Chernobylite... etc

But I also feel like horror games are kind of dying? Or is it just me?

Personally, my favorite console has to be the Gamecube. ( =w= ) good memories playing some of my favorite RPG games.

You sound like my boyfriend with the building game obsession x,D his dad is an engineer, so he always gets me to play co-op building games.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 22:18:53 )

@Shoobadoo: I was excited for E3. It wasn’t a bad year. I wish that some of the video games I’m looking forward to were shown off. No news about Shin Megami Tensei V or Rune Factory 5. :(
What about you?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 22:21:23 )

@Shoobadoo: Chernobylite looks good. But I am not sure about survival horror games. And dying it what sense? No good ones being made anymore or hardly any released anymore? Because this year alone whe should be getting about 20 horror games. The ones I cannot wait for the be released are: Apsulov: End Of The Gods, Pathologic 2, Close To The Sun, The Beast Inside, Unholy. Someday You'll Return [OMG OMG]. And there are two that are 50/50 for me: Hide Or Die & Devil's Hunt. You can play Dead By Daylight for free on Steam until monday.

Steam also gave me this: My Friend Pedro: My Friend Pedro is a violent ballet about friendship, fantasy and the struggle of a man to destroy everyone who comes his way on behalf of a thinking banana.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 22:25:18 )
@Totalanimefan:

Oh!
They're making another Shin Megami game?
I love that series!
(persona!)

I stopped playing any Harvest Moon game (or related) since the team had to sell the business... :,C
It doesn't feel the same anymore.

I'll stick to It's A Wonderful Life

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.