Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 18:43:42 )
So, just got a house recently. And there's enough room in the yard that I can have a vegetable garden. I'm excited about that. Plus there's some existing flower beds already as well.

The landscaping around the house is a bit of a hot mess currently though. Probably not going to get much planted this year. Going to take work to clean up things enough to get a better sense of what I have to work with.

I got a few new houseplants today as well. Two orchids and a golden pothos vine. They were on clearance. I couldn't resist.

So, anyone else garden?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 18:45:38 )
    We have a small patio full of pots. Mostly flowers, but we also have a tomato and strawberry plant.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 19:08:56 )
Tomatoes and strawberries fresh from the garden are delicious.

I'll probably have planters around the yard eventually. I'd like to have some fresh strawberries. I saw this neat thing on pinterest awhile back were someone took two large wooden posts and hung rain gutters across between them and had strawberries planted in them. Thought that was a neat idea. Not to mention space saving as well

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 20:16:16 )

I have a condo with no yard. However I do have a porch, I would love to grow something, but I don't know what. The porch doesn't get that much light but the light that it does get is during the most intense part of the day. I would love a fruit bearing tree.

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 21:32:21 )
Are ya reddy, guyz?!
Yeah, prolly better to clean it this year and then next year have plenty of time and knowledge to plan and plant

In front of the house, we have two flower garden plots, the front porch splits them, one side has spearmint and a couple other plants too, while the other has large catnip plants that we've already had to crop down and are drying huge segments of. The catnippalooza side also has my fairy garden

On the side is the butterfly garden

questShop

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 21:34:44 )

I just facetimed with my dad in Florida and his garden is looking good. He has a few lemon, lime and Honeybell trees. He also has a peach tree and some butterfly friendly plants.
Also I saw some huge air plants!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 00:11:32 )

Also yesterday when I was in Target I was in their outdoor kinda section and they had mint that you could grow. I wanted to get it, but I didn't in the end. I don't think that my porch has enough sunlight.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 00:15:06 )
I'm not very good at gardening, but I can look after what I have. My plants are my babies and I love growing herbs! We have a small garden with no grass, but my parents and I cover it all with flower pots and fairy lights. It's a small but nice little garden. ( have a couple plants in my room too.)

'Love the avatar, by the way!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 00:39:54 )
@Totalanimefan: There are a few varieties of miniature fruit trees I believe. At least, I've heard of them. Don't know how well they do though.

Fresh mint is nice, but I'd only ever plant that in containers. Anything in the mint family loves to jump around. My mother tried growing a few varieties of mint in her garden once and it went nuts and took over half the garden.

@Dragonus Luciferius: I haven't ever really done much gardening. Haven't lived in many places where I could garden before. So I'm excited to finally have some space to.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 00:41:51 )
@Kay: It's so fun and peaceful! Nothing compares to the pride of knowing you helped to grow all the little flowers. I legit' consider my plants as my children. (Well... My plat and my cats, that is.) XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 00:50:56 )
@Dragonus Luciferius: Houseplants are always nice to have around.

I just got three new houseplants after not having any for awhile. Though I don't know yet if the cats will leave them alone.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 00:54:24 )
@Kay: Indeedy! ^.^

Come chill at The Treehouse or visit my Item Trading Thread!
[Pixels by Ghost & DragonicKittens!]

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 00:57:36 )

@Kay: Oh I will have to look into that!
And yeah I heard that mint will overtake everything! This would just be in a pot alone. I don't have a yard to plant anything in.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 03:43:01 )
Do you have a favorite flower or plant in general?

I used to garden as a kid and really want to get back into it. I'm worried that I'm not consistent enough of a person to keep plants alive and healthy, so I'll probably start out with something low maintenance.

[Quests][Store]

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 06:08:30 )

I can't wait to be able to move somewhere with at least a balcony or patio so I can grow something outside. ;-;
When I was a kid my parents grew a much of tomatoes and they bought me some child sized garden tools so I could have my own garden, but I quit taking care of mine about 2 weeks in. xD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/19 00:40:17 )
Doing some more work in the yard today. Weeding one of the flower beds currently. Plus, found a peony planted in the middle of the yard for some reason. Got that dog up and I'm going to try and transplant it elsewhere. It's a fern leaf peony. Very pretty.

@Kira: I don't really have any one favorite flower or plant. I like lots of them. Though I rather dislike barberrys, those things have more thorns than a rose bush.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/19 01:13:29 )

I love that your avatar looks like a gardener!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/19 02:23:09 )
@Totalanimefan: It kind of does ,I suppose, doesn't it. Wasn't really trying to look like a gardener, mostly just wanted to use the new orb items. All of the orb items have been awesome

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/19 06:02:00 )

Yeah they have been awesome. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 01:25:50 )
It's a little late to get a garden started but I planted some vegetables today. I planted some tomatoes, bell peppers, habaneros, carrots, cabbage, radishes, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, and green beans

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.