Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Future Code Suggestions

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 01:18:17 )
Hello, I'm here for some code suggestions for the future of Voltra!

Right now I only have two things on my mind:

The first being I wish that when I clicked on a notification to go to it, that it would automatically mark it read and make the notification go away! While it's not awful to click the 'mark as read' button to make it disappear, ideally and for functionality purposes it would be better if that step could be eliminated and that button be used for if someone has a lot of unread notifications and they wish to make them disappear all at once.

The second being, an equipment manager in the inventory. This site suffers the same fate as Sapherna and Caedon. When building avatars, if you want to unequip and item you had on, you have to go all the way back to finding which item you used in the inventory and click on it and then unequip the pose. But if there was an equipment manager off to the side that shows you what you equipped, then you could just click it in the manager to take it off and continue building the avatar with ease!

Anyway, hope I articulated my thoughts well, enjoy! (or don't xD)

Donator — Anything Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 07:12:38 )
@techniicolor: Do you mind if everyone posts coding ideas in here so there's one solid thread for the team to find all the coding suggestions in instead of a bunch of individual ones? I definitely agree with your suggestions thus far though; both of those features would do wonders for the site.

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 20:17:06 )
@AliceinZombieland: I think that's a great idea. One spot for it all would be easier for the developers to come back too and review.

Donator — Anything Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 10:16:26 )
Excellent! I will bookmark this so if I have any ideas I will add them to the thread!

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 17:32:46 )
Also an idea, when you click on the notification, that you go to that post instead of the page where the post is.
Also also, a button that will make you go to the first unread post.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 08:02:08 )
Please add a post button or send reply at the top of threads as well. When I'm on mobile it's a pain to post in threads sometimes.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 04:24:36 )
Please oh please let this be a thing. When I click on the notification I can't make it go away on tablet and I don't know which one I've already clicked. At least take them out of the top tabbed notifications once they're clicked on. Mark as read takes me several clicks to get it to even function

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 03:13:52 )
@Shadami: Oh I never even thought about other platforms! That is a good thing to report.
@Tuijp: Yup that irritates me too! I know it's not hard for the coders to change that either. It's just the matter of getting around too it.

I have no idea what I am doing.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 06:39:36 )
I'm actually really impressed with the accessibility on mobile other than that issue. The notifications button is god awful on my tablet.Everything else. <3

oh wait i can't say that. i haven't tested getting dressed on it yet.
Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.