Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Marketing Voltra

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 10:19:41 )
I feel like Voltra does not have much of an online presence. Which is a shame because I think the site offers a lot. While there could my marketing efforts of which I’m not aware I think the following would increase new users:

- Official Instagram: Maybe put something like avatar-community in the username so just by looking at the username you can know what kinda site Voltra is. And with the amount of outfits/art Voltra has it should be easy to find content to post.
- Official Tumblr: I’m not that well versed on Tumblr but it seems the target audience are mostly artists and LGBT communities. Both of which like avatar communities (judging by the kind of people I’ve met on avatar communities so far) Could use the same content as the Instagram

Reddit:
Maybe invest in small marketing budget and get some sponsored posts going.
I think the following Reddit’s could also be of interest:
- PBBG (while Voltra does not have any games yet, it is a persistent browser based community)
- Gaiaonline (plenty of people go there looking for something like gaiaonline, so maybe get something going on by contacting their mods)
- Forums (A reddit discussing all kinds of forums)

Medium:
Also a great place for artists and the like, having a official medium account sharing stories/art. Articles about comparing different avatar communities (while including Voltra) could also be a huge hit.

@Hazer might also be worth the trouble to add a special landingpage/webtrack key to keep track of the impact of the marketing efforts.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 10:21:44 )

We did recently have a lot of gaia people join because someone made a thread about us on gaia.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 10:30:54 )
@vengeance: Nice, however I think the Gaia terms of service do not allow people to link/talk about other avatar sites.

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 12:42:36 )
┏━━━───•

Actually, we already have an instagram page.. Just that isnt updated xD
Last post was like 2 years ago lol

•───━━━┛

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 18:40:46 )

@Raxton: Eh? I didn't know we had an Instagram

I totally agree with you Galactic. We need some good marketing of some sort. Tumblr and Insta are easy ways to do Marketing without paying for ads. You could have the same thing on both accounts. I do think that Google ads are good if Voltra has extra in the budget.

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 18:45:57 )
┏━━━───•

@totalanimefan: its like really old..
It even use the old domain in the bio hahhaha xD
https://instagram.com/voltraonline

•───━━━┛

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 18:50:29 )

@Raxton: It's time to update that! lol We could have the avatar of the week there, and monthly art too.

Donator — Your Queen Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 18:55:06 )
Yeah, getting the Instagram up would be a cool idea.
I sell art.
I'm buying art.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 20:01:09 )

@GalacticGoudvis: I really like this thread. I think that paying for reddit ads could be good too. I don't know how much it costs there vs FB ads or google ads.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 07:39:44 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm not sure, the costs should be similar enough though

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/4 08:30:48 )

@GalacticGoudvis: oh I see. I’ve never looked into the cost of ads. ^^;

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 21:59:10 )
Did anyone ever consider Pillowfort as another site option that's good, too?

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 06:39:00 )

This is a random thought after reading through everyones post but, what if we had a refer box in registration? This might encourage current users to invite friends if there were incentives involved.

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — Wet Possum Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/29 20:38:29 )
I throw my vote into the instagram pool. If ads are too expensive you can always just upload to ig. You can always use hashtags to get to people. Ideas that could be posted are like new monthly items, art previews, avatar of the month, etc. just things that kinda give an idea of what the website is like.

I also think the idea of a referral when registering would be a good idea.
My Hangout
Call me, ping me, if you wanna reach me

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/30 02:01:09 )

@uwu: there are instagram and twitter accounts now.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/30 05:16:04 )
Totalanimefan:

@uwu: there are instagram and twitter accounts now.

But no Pillowfort accounts for the site yet, though.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/30 19:00:45 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: nope none of those yet.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/30 21:57:49 )
Totalanimefan:

@LupaPrinceRomulus: nope none of those yet.

Well that's a bummer, potential members can be had from this site and vice-versa.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/30 22:12:55 )

Pillowfort has closed registration. They will make it possible for existing users soon to generate invite keys but that's it. Otherwise you need to pay a $5 fee to join.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/30 22:29:30 )
vengeance:

Pillowfort has closed registration. They will make it possible for existing users soon to generate invite keys but that's it. Otherwise you need to pay a $5 fee to join.

So for the time being, until existing users can start generating new keys, a moot point that's out of the question for now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.