Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Do you like candles?

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 13:08:15 )
My mother has an enormous collection of candles and it's influenced my appreciation for them. Right now I'm burning a coffee candle called Paris Café from Bath & Body Works, and it feels like I'm in a coffee house while I type away on my keyboard.

I love scents that make me feel like I'm in the woods or a witch's cabin too. Spicy, cidery, apple, tree type scents make me feel so cozy.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 13:20:34 )
X X X

I do like candles. Unfortunately, my cat also likes them...

You should try sandelwood. That stuff smells so incredibly good.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 13:26:17 )
@Tuijp:
@SirLionelNigelConrad:

Burning everything to the ground is fun! Just make sure all life evacuates before doing so.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 13:30:40 )
X X X

@Kira: I would but there are too many spiders hiding in my house to bring them all to safety before it burns down

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 13:34:36 )
@Tuijp: You're a good person. Most people I know do not hesitate to kill spiders.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 13:59:49 )
I like candles and have a few of them but ever since I got cats I haven't burned any. The way they run around all the time I'd be afraid of them knocking candles over.

I have one from bath and body works I did buy recently though. It's called black tie and it smells really good.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 14:32:04 )
X X X

@Kira: neither does one of my cats, but only because the other cat is scared of them

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 14:53:30 )

Scented candles are far too strong for me when lit, so I leave them unlit so that their scent does not make me feel sick. The rare times we do light candles, the power has gone out and those ones are unscented.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 14:58:53 )
I enjoy candles. I love the atmosphere they give.

However, I was raised by a very paranoid mother, and thus I am wary of actual fire in a house. So I am stick with the not warm, flameless kind. ;_;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — ♥? Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 15:05:24 )

Love candles!
I burn through them like crazy. If I am in a room a candle is burning.

I just started purchasing the Woodwick candles, the wick crackles when you burn it.

FC SW-5104-7051-7446

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 18:49:06 )

no, i'm not a candle individual, not that i don't see the appeal! i can understand why/how others would like 'em.
i did enjoy when i'd visit a friends house and her mom had a scented candle going. it's just not something i'd go out of my way to put in my own home.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 19:09:22 )
@kira: We burned the Campfire Coffee from Bath and Bodyworks until the wick was gone and then we put the leftover wax in a wax warmer. That was my FAVORITE candle by far. Right now, I have the plug in wallflower kind in White Caramel Cold Brew. If they ever bring back the campfire coffee though... I'm stocking up! XD

I find that a lot of their scents are extremely strong and I can't handle more than a few minutes of them, but the coffee ones are fine! I keep the wallflower right by my front door behind my shoe rack so that it's not necessarily in the living room, but I can still smell it. AND it smells awesome as soon as you walk in.

I'm also a big fan of the kitchen lemon scent.
I love the clean smells and the cozy smells.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/2 20:27:45 )

I like candles! I don't own that many but I always smell them in the store. My husband calls it the Total Trap. lol
I do have some at home, I just make sure that they are 'clean' burning. A Guide Here

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 12:58:40 )
@Little Crane: I rarely find scented candles that are strong enough for me to smell without having to stick my nose in it.

@Peachy: I really like wick candles! My mother doesn't seem to for some reason.

@Vermii: What about spooky horror haunted candles?

@Mousy: Ah, that's good. I used to like Yankee Candles but the past few I've gotten my hands on barely smelled like anything.

@Totalanimefan: Awesome guide! I doubt my mom would care, though. But I do so thank you.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 14:27:06 )

@Kira: I am rather sensitive to them.

Item QuestHangoutSales

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 17:08:57 )

@Kira:
must you bother asking?

i can appreciate the aesthetic of candles, especially if we're talkin' spooky haunted houses/castles.

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 17:20:31 )
@Vermii: Yes, I must you butthead

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 17:40:15 )

@Kira:
Well, you have your answer.
Also, you look like the token female friend in an edgy cyberpunk tv show meant for kids ages 10+.

That's not a bad thing.

I like your avi.

I like it a lot.

I like cartoons also.

*fidgets*

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 17:43:31 )
@Vermii: How dare youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

[Quests][Store]

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 18:18:02 )

@Kira: Of course. Some of the more natural waxes carry smells better too. I have this new candle in the scent Sweet Grapefruit that I really like, and because it's grapefruit it's not too sweet. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.