Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Bug Reports Disappearing Volts

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 20:57:45 )
Hello, and sorry for apparently continually blundering around in here and breaking things...

Anyways, when I went to bed last night, I had around seventeen thousand volts (I cannot remember the exact number), but this morning I only have about one thousand, seven hundred. And, yes, I'm certain that I didn't go on a shopping spree or anything, and I made sure to check my inventory to see if anything had been bought. The number also does not change based on the browser that I'm in, so it's not that.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 21:03:53 )
Hey, DS. Are you sure you had 17k? Our system converts the numbers above 10000 to an actual "17k" figure. I just want to make sure it's not a misremembering of the number of zeroes.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 21:12:04 )
Okay, no, wow, you're right. Geez, I feel stupid. This is why I should always wait a few minutes before doing anything in mornings. I am happy that I didn't accidentally break anything, though.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 21:14:47 )
Gah. And this is me blundering about with tabs. I'd accidentally chosen the wrong username to begin with, so I'd immediately made a different account, went back to that to check things, and then posted in this tab. Wow, I'm a mess.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 00:23:30 )
Alright, I'm actually awake and functional now (clearly I was a lot more tired last night than I thought), but, I've been noticing a few times when I click to go to a new thread (including, apparently as I glance up, this one), my volts number is at a slightly lower value (1937, instead of 2282). I'm not sure if that's because of some sort of server delay regarding posts, or something. I haven't been able to replicate it while trying to, but it has shown up more than once. I haven't been able to figure out if there's a pattern or not. It's not a huge deal, since it seems to fix itself whenever I go to a new page, but it seems like something that you should be made aware of.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 00:31:21 )
Okay, I was browsing another thread in the Bug Report forum, and after scrolling back up, as I was moving to return to the forum, the volt number actually visibly changed to the lower value. So, I don't know what's going on, or what might trigger it. It almost seems to be a time elapse thing, from what I can see, as I'm attempting to get it to replicate.

Edit: So, it seems to be after between 20-30 seconds, and brings me back down to 1937 each time, regardless of how many I have at the time. On Internet Explorer, at least. So far, it hasn't done anything of the sort on Google Chrome. So, I might just have to switch to Chrome for this site. Which I've done now, because I remembered that I can actually edit posts when I have Chrome up.

Please ping when responding to me, to make sure I see your reply!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.