Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment It : The Losers Club

Donator — Pokemon Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 11:18:24 )
Comes out this week and I will be very
very
very
upset
if it sucks. One kid is in it from Stranger Things and I mean he was good in that show but can't picture him as Richie AT ALL. Even when he does an impression in one of the trailers it just doesn't scream "Richie" to me.

ALSO - I think in every trailer I saw Bill DOESNT stutter. Excuse me? His stutter is literally what makes him Bill and is a major part of the story! (If you've never read the book I wont say).

Interesting enough that this the first part of the movie. Will be interesting to see how they play it out as the book goes back and forth between past and present. Anyways, I'm excited regardless but still not getting hyped because I dont wanna be let down.

I also rewatched the original IT and its soooo bad lmao Like jfc it was hard to sit through.
Characters didnt really match most of their descriptions
80% of details were left out
and man. Just not good

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 11:44:26 )
IT wasn't really known for being a stellar film, but was definitely known for creeping kids out and scaring them to the point of being unable to go to into the bathroom alone. I'm primarily disappointed that Tim Curry isn't Pennywise and they even dared to think they could replace him. xD Then again I don't have much faith on most remakes, though in the long run I realise it's often due to the annoying new fans it brings into a fandom.
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/6 02:50:35 )
@Kawaii Slowpoke: II'm looking forward to it as well, tho idk if I'll be able to watch it in the cinema. But hopefully the it's released on Blu-ray soonish. It looks pretty good from what I've seen, certainly atmospheric and gritty which is what I really love about Stephen King's works. The kids all seem like decent actors but it's a tough thing to adapt considering the grown up material that happens in the story. But yes I agree - where is his stutter? :/

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Pokemon Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 00:12:12 )
@Vii: Eh honestly, in its OWN film (if it was not adapted from anything) the original would still be just okay. Tim Curry was the only good thing that went for the mini series but he was more comical than scary. Once you read the source it adapted from, you'll realize that it was really bad. Regardless of Tim Curry. I at least know the remake wont be as bad lmao
@sunny: Someone said he does stutter but its not AS bad as the book. Its more like a "stammer" which is disappointing but at least it can still set up the focus in the second film (if they make it).

art by: blinkini (idk why i never put this here 3 years ago)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.