Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Angelic Bond

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 01:34:50 )

"Huh. That's good to know." Angela commented.

"Should make the idea of him moving here a lot easier for him." She added.

"At any rate, it is good to see you." She said with a smile.

"Have you been keeping up on what I've been doing?" She asked. "If you haven't, you'll be surprised, I think."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 01:49:33 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"It's good to see you, too." Hal responded sincerely.

"And... actually, no." he said. "I haven't." he admitted.

"I've been a bit swamped with my own paperwork, to be honest." he sighed.

"Why?" he asked.

"How's it been going?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 01:53:39 )

Angela just smirked.

"How do you think?" She asked.

"Check the server on your phone." She added as she got to her feet, brushing her dirty hands off on her jeans.

"Maybe I should look into working from hom emore often. I seem to be more effective with it."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 02:08:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent, before looking at his phone and checking the server.

"..............................I see." he said after a long pause.

"Angela." he then addressed her.

"We need to talk." he said.

"About your employment, and your future at the Unit."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 02:13:47 )

Angela was silent for a moment before sighing.

"When and where?" She asked.

"I can come in tomorrow if you wish for me to." She then said.

"I don't have an issue with that."

"Beyond that, tell me when, and where."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 02:25:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....hm." Hal muttered.

"Well, you're not due back to work for another few days." he commented.

"However, you seem to be recovering admirably." he said.

"I would like to see you in my office tomorrow. Briefly." he told her.

"We have something we need to discuss."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 02:49:01 )

Angela nodded.

"Yeah, of course. I'll show up shortly after I drop Liv off at school if that works?" She asked. Hal just nodded in response.

---

The next day, Angela made her way to the Unit and stepped inside. After some cordial, friendly, words between her and Jake, she was let in and made her way through the halls to where Hal's office was. Once there, she was told to sit in and wait, since he was currently on the phone.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 03:12:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

A few seconds later, her superior showed up, and was directed to sit as well.

"....Angela?" he asked when he saw she was there.

"What are you doing here?" he asked her.

"I thought you wouldn't be back for another few days." he went on, a hint of resentment to his tone.

"...you're looking well, though." he then commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 03:14:18 )

"I'm here to meet with H---Agent Sharp." Angela answered.

"I'm feeling more alive, certainly." she added with a light laugh.

"Honestly, he's probably right. I likely would have worked myself into a grave." She added with a sigh. "So the break was necessary, probably."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 03:33:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm. I see." he muttered.

"Well. Good." was all he said, his tone a bit curt.

It was then that they heard the secretary speak.

"All right." she said.

"Agent Sharp will see you now." she told them.

"Who?" the man asked.

"Both of you." was the response given.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 05:38:13 )

Angela was silent for a moment before nodding.

"All right then." She said before getting to her feet and heading into the office with the man that was there with her. She knew what this was regarding, to an extent. It was regarding her employment there, but she was a bit uneasy about what it was that would be coming beyond that.

Would it be good? Or bad?

If she was going to be fired, she really hoped that he'd at least give her a good enough reference to find a position elsewhere.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 05:56:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man followed her into the office, and they sat down in front of the desk.

Sharp looked at them both, before sighing.

"There's no point in beating around the bush and using flowery language here." he said. "I have a busy day ahead of me, and I want to get this over and done with." he told them.

"Mr. Walters..." he said to the man, looking at him. "You are barely competent at half of your job when you even DO that part of your job, signifying that you are overpromoted." he commented.

"I'm demoting you down a level." he told him, causing the man to freeze, seemingly in shock.

"Miss Hayes." he then said, looking at Angela. "I'm moving you up." he told her. "Specifically, to the position that Mr. Walters previous held, that is now vacant."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 06:01:23 )

Angela paused a moment.

"Ok, I can't complain with the downgrade for him," she jabbed her thumb at the man that had been her boss previously, before Sharp.

"But,..." She paused a moment.

"You can't replace him with me." She then said bluntly.

"I'm nothing more than a nurse, I don't even have a proper doctorate. You've said by your own terms and conditions that such a degree is required for a position of that variety."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 06:34:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp just smirked in response.

"Ah, yes." he said.

"I did say that." he told her.

"However, that's only one part of it." he then said, before handing her a paper with the job description and requirements listed on it.

Candidate must have the proper education and practical knowledge.* was what one part read. However, there was an asterisk there as well.

*However, if the candidate can definitively prove that they have the proper working knowledge and hands-on experience, then that can be accepted as a substitute for the proper education. is what it led to.

"See, other places get bogged down with the proper papers and such, but I value those that have proven they can do the job. It doesn't matter HOW much education you have... if you can do the job, and do it well, then I feel you deserve the job." he explained to her.

"However, if it makes you feel better, you can strive to GET that education while you have the position." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 06:43:51 )

Angela was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Well, that solves that little dilema." She commented with a chuckle.

"But all right, I'll accept. But... is this going to affect my availability for Liv?" She asked after a moment, concern in her voice and features.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 07:07:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll make sure it doesn't." Sharp responded.

"See, basically, you'll be doing the things you've been doing already, but, sadly, there'll be more paperwork involved." he told her.

"But... I saw what you've been doing with our paperless paperwork." he then went on. "I'm sure you'll be able to take on that challenge." he continued.

"By the way, you are dismissed, Mr. Walters." he then told the man.

"Ah... ah... I..." the man stammered.

"You are dismissed." Sharp repeated, narrowing his eyes.

The man left, clearly still flabbergasted, and Sharp then looked at Angela, his expression softer now.

"Angela, if you think it'll be too much for you, we might be able to work something out so that you're not spending stupidly long hours here." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 07:14:42 )

"I... If I can work from home for some of it, that'd be better. I can't be out of Liv's life much more than I am. I already work kinda stupid hours to help out where need be." Angela then admitted after a few seconds.

"Either that, or just having decreased hours, but being on call." She then said

"I just... I'll stay in the position I"m in if it's going to get in the way of me being a mother, is all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 07:37:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp thought for another moment, and then he slammed a fist into the palm of his other hand, in such a way that indicated he'd come to a conclusion.

"I have it!" he said.

"Possibly. It depends on if you're up for it." he then added.

"See, paperwork is something that needs to be done, but it doesn't need to be done EVERY DAY." he reasoned. "You can keep your current schedule and duties, but perhaps dedicate one day of your week to doing paperwork." he said. "I'll even let you work from home for that day." he continued.

"Granted, that DOES take away one day of practical work and such, but will being able to work from home make it more bearable?" he asked her.

"Especially since we're moving to a completely paperless operation, so you'll never need to actually come into the office to do any of it." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 07:43:39 )

"That.... would defnitely work." Angela agreed after a few seconds.

"And I'd stay as I am in one sense. Totally on call for if anyone needs anything I can do, or my knowledge, or whatever." She assured him. "That's how it was before, even if I wasn't paid for the extra time I put in."

"So yeah. IF that works, I'm totally game for all that. And yes, I WILL be completing my degree."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 07:57:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp nodded in response.

"Then we have a deal." he said.

He then started digging through a small stack of paperwork, before sliding it towards her.

"Promotion paperwork." he told her.

"Fill it out right now, and I can fast-track this so that it's put through by the time you return to work proper." he said with a small smile.

"Oh, and do you want or need a new set-up for working at home?" he then asked.

"I can recommend someone to help you make a computer or laptop for working at home."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.