Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Angelic Bond

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 05:28:17 )

"Well, that is certainly good to know." Angela said with a soft smile.

"Just let me know details when you know 'em or whatever, hey?" She asked. After he'd agreed, she walked off. She returned a couple seconds later though.

"Wait... what was it you were trying to say earlier?"

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 05:54:19 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke's eyes widened when she said that.

"Ah..." he stammered.

"Ah, yes. That." he said, his face turning a little pink.

"Right. We... kept getting interrupted." he said further, scratching the back of his head.

"A-anyway... I... well... I remember when you said that I would make some woman very happy in the future." he told her. "And I remember you saying that... you meant it." he continued.

"Is... well... is there any chance of... uh, well..." he then stammered further, before shaking his head vigorously, taking a deep breath, and exhaling it loudly.

'FOCUS! And SPEAK!' he barked mentally to himself.

"Is there any chance of... YOU being that... 'some woman'?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 05:57:49 )

Angela paused a moment before laughing. it was an honest laugh, not one that was born of her laughing at him or anything of the sort.

"Seriously?" She asked

"I'd be thrilled." She answered after a few seconds

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 06:37:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke froze when she said that.

She said it so earnestly and readily, he almost couldn't believe it.

"Ah... really?" he asked.

"...heh." he chuckled.

"That's... that's great!" he exclaimed.

"That's... heh." he chuckled further, before shaking his head.

"I was so nervous... for nothing, it seems."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 06:45:05 )

Angela just laughed lightly.

"Certainly seems that way." She agreed.

"Anyway, I've got work to do. See ya." She said before making her way upstairs again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 07:00:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke watched her go, and couldn't help but feel the happiness swell within him.

It was amazing. It was euphoric. And he was feeling like he was actually up in heaven right now. In fact, he felt that this feeling SURPASSED heaven.

But he knew he had to remain calm and collected. He wasn't a schoolboy.

However, after looking around, he allowed himself a silent arm pump.

-A few days later-

Hal approached the front door to the house that Angela and Olivia called home, a bag in one of his hands. He stopped at the door, paused for a moment, and then rang the bell.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 07:09:43 )

There was silence before the door was opened, and it wasn't by Angela or Zeke. Of course, the latter wasn't a surprise, he was currently doing something at the Unit. He could return at almost any time, but for the moment, he wasn't there.

It was a child, Olivia.

"Oh! Hi Mr. Sharp." Liv said with a smile.

"Mom is in the backyard. Do you wanna jus head back to say hi or come in and I can go get her?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 07:26:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, hello Olivia." Hal greeted Liv with a smile in return.

"Actually, would you mind joining me in the backyard with your mother?" he asked.

"I have something for the both of you." he told her. "Which is to say, something for you, and something for your mother." he clarified.

"Or would you like to do this inside?" he then asked her.

"Either one is fine with me." he assured her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 07:47:16 )

Liv just shrugged.

"I'm good with outside. Mom and I were just tending to the plants and fae out there." She said.

"I just heard the door because I was getting a drink." She added.

"Come on in. Let's go through the house." She added. After he'd stepped in and she closed the door, they head back. She grabbed the drinks she'd been grabbing before heading to the backdoor and heading out, holding the door open for Hal.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 08:04:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded at the girl, before they stepped through the door.

"Angela!" he called out to the woman.

"Hello!" he said.

"You're certainly looking well." he commented when he regarded her.

"Better than I expected." he then admitted.

"Is this a result of you not focusing on paperwork completely while on sick leave?" he then asked with a chuckle.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 08:08:15 )

Angela looked over and waved. when Hal got closer and asked his question, she just rolled her eyes.

"No. It was actually thanks to a Dryad family down the road." She answered.

"What brings you around though?" She asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 08:23:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh! Well, that's good." Hal responded.

"And I came by to see how you both were doing." he said. "Check up on you, make sure you're recovering and such." he reasoned with a smile.

"Oh, and I have something for you both." he then added, reaching into the bag.

"First, for Olivia." he said, pulling out a bottle of soda pop. It was one that wasn't sold in the city... but it was one that she absolutely adored. It had a nice citrusy flavour, and had tiny orbs inside it that burst with flavour when they were bit into.

"Here you go." he told her, handing her the drink.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 21:13:13 )

Angela just smiled as Liv accepted the drink, nearly squeaking in excitement.

"Eee! Thanks!" She exclaimed before popping it open and taking a drink.

"I'mm put the rest in the fridge." She added before heading back inside to do just thought, obviously happy to have received soemthing that she hasn't had in quite awhile.

"That was sweet, Hal." Angela then said after the child was gone.

"And a surprise. You gotta tell me where you get thsoe ones, specifically. If only just so I can surprise her from time to time too" There was a laugh to her voice, and she knew that she likely would be denied that information, again. She was starting to think it was a mana thing he did, but she wouldn't say that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 21:43:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmmmm." Hal mumbled.

"Well, I know someone." he said.

"I can give you their information, and you can see about getting it right from them." he told her.

"And no, it's not illegal. It's just more of a private brewer and bottler. Like a small-time entrepreneur." he explained. "They value their privacy immensely, but I'll ask if they're all right with you being a direct buyer." he then said.

"There's no harm in asking, at least." he shrugged, before digging into the bag and handed Angela an assorted box of luxury chocolates that were considered the premium of the premium.

"To apologize for my stubbornness in having you stay home." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 21:58:09 )

Angela was silent for a moment before laughing lightly.

"These are stupidly expensive." She commented as she accepted the chocolates.

"Thank you, Hal. It was certainly not necessary though." She then said.

"Also, are you interested in staying for dinner? It's nothing special, but Zeke was saying he wanted to make a pizza."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/21 22:11:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just chuckled.

"They are. But they're the least I can do to make up for this a little." he said.

"And they don't put me out of pocket." he assured her. "But you already knew that." he said further.

"Also, pizza? Homemade by Zeke?" he then asked.

"Sure, I can stay." he told her, before pausing.

"How have things been since he decided to help around here, anyway?" he inquired.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 00:43:55 )

"Things have been... " Angela trailed off before chuckling.

"well, let's put it this way, if this continue as they are, there's a good chance that I'm going to be down to one spare room, instead of two." She commented.

"And yeah. Liv loves his pizza, and since she passed a big test yesterday in school, I figured that it would be a good enough excuse to get him to make it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 01:04:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal raised an eyebrow when Angela said the first part.

"......I see." he said.

"Well. I cannot say I am surprised." he told her.

"Seriously. He's not been subtle about it." he commented, shaking his head a little. "No matter how much he THINKS he's been." he added.

"Well... good for him." he said.

"And good for you." he went on.

"Think Olivia will be all right with it?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 01:07:35 )

"Over the past bit, Liv's come to adore him." Angela answered with a smile.

"And yeah... he wasn't very subtle. Not at all." She agreed after a few seconds. "Especially considering the fact that he was almost intentionally ending up in the med wing for a bit."

"But yeah, I haven't broached him moving in with him yet, admittedly. I have no idea how much he likes his place or not." She shrugged lightly here.

"But I'll deal with that question later."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 01:31:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent, before he looked around.

"Between you and me..." he said, leaning in. "He's not TOO fond of his current place." he told her.

"He rents a 1-bedroom, and hardly spends any time in it." he explained.

"Literally, it's a place to sleep for him. He hates going back to it. Hates being alone." he said further.

"But he doesn't want to take up a dorm in the Unit, because he doesn't want to occupy one that could potentially be used for someone that actually NEEDS it." he continued.

"Arch or not, he's still an angel." he finished with a smirk.

"That, and his parents did good raising him." he then added with a laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.