Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Help & Support How common are rares?

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 00:30:09 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

I thought I saw someone mention that you should get one at least every 5 DIs but I haven't gotten one for at least two months now. I always buy 2 of each DI.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 00:37:03 )
@Bioshock: Ohhhhhh, weird. So you have to buy 10 of that specific crate to be guaranteed it? Since the rare stays for two months does that mean you could buy 5 of April and 5 of May and can get it? Or do you have to by 10 of the April or 10 of the May?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 00:41:07 )

@Nyreen: If I recall correctly, it's per month. It won't carry over if you go 5 and 5.
Admittedly, I could be wrong, buy if I recall correctly, it's per month.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 00:43:10 )
@Amber Lynne: Ahhhhhh, okay. :')

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 00:43:54 )
@Bioshock: yeah I'm not sure. That would be cool bc I defs can't afford to donate enough to buy 10 crates every month. If I could then I would.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 00:49:00 )
it kinda depends really since its a low percentage. sometimes i get a rare on the 4th try. sometimes i get it on the 5-8th try.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 01:02:34 )
@Kairu: yeeeah, I just bought another set and didn't get a rare still.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 01:05:29 )
@nyreen: i would open it consequently. that helps usually.

other than that, maybe there are others who are opening that makes the probability difficult?

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 01:47:20 )
@Kairu: what do you mean? If other people open it they get it on the 10th try?

Donator — UWU/ Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 02:19:45 )
@nyreen: when the new rigs is out, i opened one item (curse prince) and turned out to be a rare. then i opened the second and also same rare. like i said, its extremely random. when i tried my luck for the volt rig, i never had good luck on those cos i barely have volts.

I got the rare set by chance while waiting for you btw. do you want it? or you wanna buy it?
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 02:27:08 )
@Kairu: the ichor? Yeah I'm trying to buy one now in the exchange ^^

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 05:11:15 )

Of the five or six crates I have purchased, I have received two rates, both from last month's crate.

Item QuestHangoutSales

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 05:48:53 )
Hey
@nyreen: sorry for any confusion around the crates, seems like our community has been a great resource so far to clarify and answer your questions. ^^

We do have our Guide to Voltra Crates thread, though it could use some updating.

Furthermore, it's a guaranteed rare set on the 10th crate, but it has to be the the same crate. (ie. you open 9 May '19 crates with no luck of obtaining Corrupt Ichor, but the 10th crate is a guarantee.) You do have a 15% of finding a rare and once you do the counter resets back to 0.

One main reason we do not include all crates in the 10th time guaranteed is because the system can be easily maneuvered and taken advantage of. Say you have one of the very first crate on the site, the rare from that crate has gained much more value since then. You open 9 of the more recent and less valued crates, just to leave that older crate as the 10th and final to open, guaranteeing you're getting an item (that crate's rare) of much more value.

Anyway, I hope this clears things up!
Let me know if I can help any further. :vanora_smile:
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/2 06:51:39 )
@Fozzy: thank you for the clarification ^^ and yeah, I can totally see why you wouldn't implement that since there would be some folks who might take advantage of that!
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.