Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Until Eternity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 05:48:26 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The two of them stood there, a man and a woman, looking face to face. The male had long blonde hair, deep blue eyes, was dressed in a fine Victorian suit, and sported a neatly trimmed moustache. The female had long red hair, gorgeous hazel eyes, and was wearing a beautiful Victorian dress.

They stared at each other with pure love in their eyes, before they approached each other, took the hands of each other, and started to elegantly dance.

As they danced, beautiful soft lights surrounded them... but as the lights slowly changed, the appearance of the couple changed as well. Short brown hair for him, with green eyes, as he wore a pair of cuffed trouser, flannel jacket, and two-toned shoes, while SHE had short black hair, light blue eyes, and wore a cloche-style hat, a flapper-style dress, high-heel shoes, and a fur boa-like accessory over her shoulders. This seemed to go on, seemingly going forward through history, but the couple didn't seem to notice, or care.

However, something strange then started to happen. The lights suddenly turned off. Utterly and completely. When they started to flicker, the couple were nothing more than translucent souls, vaguely in the shapes of humans. But the female had been grabbed by strange black tendrils, and they seemed to be dragging her away from him.

He started to give chase, but no matter how hard or fast he ran, she always seemed to be out of his reach... and she was constantly screaming for help.

And just when it seemed like he was about to reach her hand, a large pair of red eyes appeared before him, and seemed to freeze him, suspending him in the air.

"BEGONE!" an inhuman voice bellowed, sending him flying away, the lights flickering and swirling all around him in a horrific and nauseating fashion.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"...and that's when I wake up." the young man finished saying. He looked to be no older than 22, his frame a little on the skinny side. He had short black hair, and his eyes were a deep green. He wore little more than a pair of jeans, a plain tee-shirt, dirty sneakers, and a grey coat.

He was sitting in front of a wooden desk, with an older woman sitting behind it, papers and a computer on it.

"I know it sounds crazy, but I promise you it's true. My soul-mate, my one true love, is in grave danger. We have yet to meet in this lifetime, but I know she needs help." he went on.

"Please. Is there ANY way you can help us?" he pleaded. "I'll do whatever I can to pay for your services." he then added, as he was at a guild... seeking their services.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 21:39:26 )

She was silent as he told his story, wanting to be respectful through that at least - and even then she had no idea what it was that she would say at any point anyway, beyond that it was rahter hard to believe his story. She had witnessed stranger things happening, so it was a very real possibility that yeah, he was speaking true and this girl was in trouble.

And yeah, she did want to help, but...

"Sadly, with the information you've given me, as much as I would love to help you find her... I can't." She told him honestly, her voice sincere.

"I've nothing to go on for finding her, and it would be a case of asking every single person in the world 'hey, are you this person's soulmate?' and that would be time consuming, boring, and would get people pissed with me and my hunters." She added.

"But... I can at least do this. If you go to speak with the leader here," as she spoke, she was writing something down on a business card, "they may be able to help. I'm sorry I can't do more, there just isn't enough information to even hope to complete it." She handed him the card. When he looked, he saw that it had another guild written on it, one that wasn't as well known.

"They've a really good record of finding people with little information. I'm not entirely sure they'll be able to find your love, they may require more information than you have, but you can always ask."

♯When you hear the following tune, You'll know, you'll know. When you hear the following tune, you'll know that I'll be with you soon♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 21:56:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The male looked a little crestfallen, but when she mentioned that the guild was good at finding people, she saw a little spark of hope light up in his eyes.

"Thank you." he said, accepting the card.

"I shall go and see them." he told her, before pausing.

"Am I allowed to just walk in and ask to see this leader, though?" he then asked.

"I know not all guilds allow people to see the leader, or even allow them in so readily." he went on.

"Is there anything I need to do to get into THIS particular guild?" he inquired.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 21:58:35 )

"Admittedly, you may be denied at the door, but all you can do is just explain in a truncated fashion what it is that you're there for," She started, "at which point whomever is manning the door will relay the details to the one in charge and they will tell them whether or not to let you in."

"The head will hear your request regardless, but whether or not they will decide to speak with you will be ... well, up to them." She added.

"I wish I could give more information, and they may be one of the best for finding people with little information.... but sometimes, just an ass."

♯When you hear the following tune, You'll know, you'll know. When you hear the following tune, you'll know that I'll be with you soon♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 22:17:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The male nodded in response.

"Of course." he replied.

"Thank you very much." he told her, before they finished their conversation, he excused himself, and left the building.

He then made his way to the guild that the woman had mentioned, and it did, indeed, look more modest. But looks weren't everything. He made his way to the door and knocked on it, before a small slot opened, a pair of eyes could be seen behind it, and a female voice spoke, demanding to know his business.

He did as the previous leader had told him, giving her a truncated story, and telling her where he'd been sent from, before sighing and catching a small breath.

"Can you help me?" he asked.

"Or see if your leader will hear me out in more detail?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 22:19:25 )

"I'll relay it and let you know." was all she said before he could hear her quietly doing as she said. She had no idea what it was that would be said, at least not anything for certain, but she wasn't convinced that he'd be allowed in. That was... quite a tall tale.

"So, let him in or kick him to the curb?" She asked a few seconds after giving her boss the details.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 22:37:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man she had spoken to raised an eyebrow when she told him all she did, and asked her question.

"So... he wants us to scour this globe for someone he's never met, does not know what she looks like, because he had a dream in which she is his soulmate throughout the ages, and it ended being a nightmare, so he thinks she's in danger." he said.

"I realize we're not the most well-known guild." he then said further, sighing slightly. "And I realize that there are times when beggars can't be choosers." he went on.

"However, we would be laughed out of the rankings if we accepted such a ludicrous request from an obviously crazy person!" he then exclaimed.

"We need to have our standards! Tell him to see a god damn psychic or something." he growled.

"Get a tarot reading or whatever." he finished dismissively.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 22:40:08 )

She just sighed before nodding.

"Will do." She said before cancelling the video call and turning back to the door.

"Boss says no." She told him. "Says that you should go get a tarot reading or whatever." She added, quoting him with a sigh.

"Look, you can't get help here, but try Candentus Lux, hey? The head there is an acquaintance of mine and she has far better reaches out into the world than we do."

"I'm sure she'd be able to help." She paused a moment.

"Or he if it's the dude. Regardless, they'll be able to help."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 23:07:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

It was clear that the male was starting to feel a little defeated, but when she mentioned Candentus Lux, and mentioned that the head was an acquaintance of hers, he nodded slowly.

"Thank you." he said with a smile.

"I will try them." he told her.

So, again, he made his way to the guild that was mentioned, this time being more than a little overwhelmed by its imposing presence. He approached the front door timidly, before shaking his head, steeling his nerves, and pressing the button on the communication panel that was showing.

The call was answered by a male, and once the story was given, there was silence for a moment, before the doors were opened.

"Come inside." he was told, before doing so. The door was closed, and the man with red and black hair told someone to watch the post he had been at.

"Come on." he told him, before taking him through a series of corridors and hallways and stairs, eventually reaching a closed office door with the name 'Dani' on it.

"Hey, got time to hear a client request?" he called in, knocking on the door.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 23:10:09 )

There was silence on the other side of the door for a moment before there was some shuffling barely heard within, a mere fraction of a second before the door was opened to reveal a woman who had beads in her blonde and black hair.

"Hey AJ." She said before stepping out of the way as the door was opened more.

"Watch the mess, and of course. Come in." She said. "Both of you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 23:37:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The two males stepped inside the room, and the one known as 'AJ' was the first to speak.

"Holy friggin' hell, what happened here!?" he asked, looking around.

"What's with all the stuff every-" he started to say, before noticing something.

"Wait..." he muttered.

"Hold on a sec." he said further.

"Did that bookcase finally give up and collapse?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 23:38:56 )

"Yuuup." Dani answered.

"It died about an hour ago. Been trying to clean up all the damned glass and the mess of everything." She then said with a sigh.

"I knew it was going to die soon, it's been creaking far too much, but I just haven't been able to replace it yet. Welp, seems I'm getting Remy to do a run for me later tonight." She added with a laugh.

"Anywho! You said a client?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 00:03:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

AJ just sighed when Dani said what she did, confirming his suspicion.

"Ah. Yeah." he said.

"This guy here's got an interesting story for you." he told her, looking at the younger male.

"Go on." he said to him.

The younger one nodded slightly, before stepping forward, and being ushered to one of the couches in the room, where he sat down and faced Dani. Once he was looking at her, he regaled his story once more, throwing in what the previous guilds had told him, and what they had said.

"So the first guild leader sent me to that other guild, and the leader thought I was crazy, but the one manning the door then sent me here." he finished.

AJ just sighed a little at the last part.

"Yeah, it's a good thing she knew Dani, and isn't as much of a jerkward as her boss." he commented.

"But yeah, what do you think of this, Dani?" he then asked the leader.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 05:59:51 )

Dani was silent as the story was told before sighing as it finished.

"I..." She started before seeming to consider it for a moment.

"How about this. You give me a means of contacting you, name, number, email, whatever means." She started, looking at the one that was inquiring with her, "And I'll call around, see if I can find any information for ya through my contacts."

"Once I have some information - whether it's something useful, or a no I cannot help, I'll get ahold of you and fill you in. That work?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 06:33:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man had a hopeful and joyous gleam in his eyes now.

"Of course! Of course!" he said, as AJ handed him a business card.

"Fill in your info on this." he told him.

The man nodded and started to do so.

As he did, AJ looked at Dani, some silent communication happening between them. As if he was saying 'This is an odd and unusual request.'

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 06:36:39 )

Dani met AJ's gaze before shrugging, in essence saying that the odd and unusual nature was why she was agreeing with it. She was curious and wanted to see what would happen.

Or if it was even true, for that matter. She wanted to know.

"Do you have an easy way home?" She asked after he'd written down all the information.

"If not, I can have someone here give you a life - or I can, depending on where you're going."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 06:52:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man was silent, before sighing.

"No... no, not really." he said, handing the info to her.

"I'm going to New Zealand." he then told her, giving her a more specific address.

"...wait..." AJ muttered.

"Maybe Phyra can take him." he told Dani.

"Weren't you going to send her on a hunt over in NZ anyway?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 06:54:24 )

Dani paused.

"That is very true." She said.

"Hey, head with AJ, hang out in the lounge for a little bit - half an hour or so." She told the younger male.

"AJ will stay with ya if you want him to. I'll get Phyra to give you a lift home, if you don't have a problem with flying."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 07:15:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The younger male nodded.

"I love flying." he replied.

"Cool." AJ responded.

"This way." he said, as the two of them started to leave the room, with AJ looking back.

"I'll come back and help with cleaning this place up." he told Dani. "If you need it." he added, before they left the office and made their way to the lounge.

Once there, AJ grabbed a couple of sodas and handed one to the younger man, sitting down beside him on the couch.

"So... lovers across time, eh?" he asked.

"Our souls are interconnected, and no matter what, we are bound to end up together." the male responded. "However, we usually don't know about it until we meet up." he continued.

"This time is special and unique, as I feel she is in grave danger, and she needs help." he said quietly.

"We'll do all we can to find her and save her." AJ assured him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 20:57:07 )

They weren't there for as long as Dani had expected. A tall, easily around seven feet tall, woman approached the pair.

"Yo." She greeted.

"Dani filled me in on the details." She started, before looking to the younger male.

"Around here, you can call me Phyra. What can I call you? If I'm giving you a lift home, I'd like to be able to know who it is." She added with a laugh. "If that's all right with you, of course."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.