Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts SP00KSVILLE

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/8 17:05:58 )
@Vermii: It's called Dystopia Entertainment, its pretty much a couple persons and a whole lot of volunteers that make almost year-rond horror. They just finished some horror fun in a old prison ( called frygt fængslet, aka fear the prison ) last years halloween it was a horror haunted house with an 'intelligent' AI trying to control the guests, it was a whole lot of fun. That particular haunted house event was called 'Mother' . Also where I randomly got picked out for their extreme nights by one of their volunteer-casters first night I got cast as a jumpscare from a secret rooftop inside a pillowroom, but they liked my scream so much that I ended up as a 'giant spider' cocoon- victim for the rest of the halloween.

Ooh just reading your tumblr * yesh brain slightly slow today * it sounds fun. We also had clowns here, where the guests would be forced up on stage to make a show by the clowns,.. Right after they had gotten popcorn with pepper... on the extreme nights it was chili from what I understood.
we also had some people who was undercover guests who at specific scenes had to do some stuff ^^;
We also had a piggy with a chainsaw, which was the same room we had the camera that would take guests' photos while they didnt notice it. There were quite some hillarious photos in between. xDD

Just like you my rooms que also was the sound of some whirring. Though it was not a chainsaw but a bonesaw/autopsy saw ( that we ofc had made safe, it was just a tool to scare people to go trough a tight 'opening' , unless they want to " donate your brain "

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/9 00:06:50 )

@TeaTales:
All year round with volunteers. damn. how long has this been running for in general?
that's super cool though. I kinda wish Heebie Jeebies went all year round. like my friend said one time, I'd be making bank lmao.
Those sound like fun themes though! I think for a previous year here, there was a zombie theme, but it was inside and part of the main building, which to my knowledge, is mainly for employees only now. If it all expands, I hope they can bring it back one year. It looked really neat!

there weren't any rooms or areas with like, a static camera set up anywhere, although i wish there was.
However, there was a guy who would go through each haunt taking video and pictures and he apparently does it for Heebie Jeebies every year.
so there's an actual youtube channel and an instagram for Heebie Jeebies lol.

i was also a jumpscare and i also got compliments on my voice.
in my area, i had two places i liked to hide and wait for guests. one was just a little broom closet sized hole in the wall behind a curtain, the other was like little caged in area. it was the width of a cat walk and it was lengthy enough for me to pace back and fourth in. It had a layer of burlap over the openings so i would be MOSTLY hidden if the guests weren't paying attention, but if there were extra spooked people who were paying extra close attention to those corners, they would see me playing it up behind the walls and following them until i was able to jump out at them. xD

there some people who wouldn't even walk by the corner where my door was once they knew i was there lmfaoo.

of course, there are always party poopers.
there was one girl who decided to go through all the haunts drunk, smack talk the actors, and even physically assault some. one of the actors had to go home one night because she got punched right in the jaw. there are rules against making contact with guests and actors in general, so, she had to go. obviously.
i don't understand why people waste their money on something like this if they're gonna behave that way. =/

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/9 01:51:07 )
@vermii: Oh yes, zombies is a thing that is in pretty much every haunt x'D We even had one of the famous actors in my country come by on the last night, to see what his daughters were volunteers in. It was fun but exremely crowded and noisy in the offgame area that night. I honesly had noidea it was him untill the day after xD
My costume also broke that night, while I found serveral pin needles in the costume as I had to sit in it, dont think it was on purpose it was there but none had noticed it untill I got one up in my leg. I had to sit in a room where the spiders, and I wore UV paint, then the room would be all misty as the guests entered, and some black light would make the paint on the costumes light up. I had to sit ( or stand.. but mostyl I sat ) ver still untill the guests were cornered up right in front of me where I would reach out for them with a scream ( in the normal nights, in the extreme nights I was allowed to grab them by the shoulders, or push them toward to way out ( there were a lot that had a hard time figuring out which wayto go out, some tried to go in the scenery as they thought that was the way out ) and on the less than extrme but more than normal ights I would let a hand reach out nd touch them ihtly in the neck before my scream. ) There have been so many times in that room where big ' strong and maho guys' have sreamed and run around trrying to get out... One in particular I remember, screamed and as he got abadoned by his group he tried to climp trough and scratch his way trough the scenery, whih broke som pieces off, but not something we oculdnt cover up with some ' cocoon bodies' )
The camera wasnt stai, it was buildt in riht above where the guests would be in a 'circus cinema' and see a vmessage from 'Mother' whih got interrupted by 'Father' ( both the actor for father and mother was great, but I mosly liked the creepy insanity of 'father' which were the character that tried to guide people out of Mother to safety. ... it might sound confusing as there all in all were 42 rooms but yea ^^; )

Come August there will be a zombie run ( basically a night run where people have to run a certain distance trough some woods while avoiding zombies ) which I am kinda thinking about if I should try and join.
Definitly made some friends trough there. 8D I just hope I can manage to join the afterparty to next halloween and hier halloween party or the volunteers that have participated since summer.

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/9 03:00:37 )

@TeaTales:
Yes! zombies are definitely a staple in horror it seems.

I think it's absolutely hilarious that the manager would keep a score and announce every night, how many guests pissed or shat themselves at the event. Then he would applaud which group from which haunt was the cause. xD

we're not allowed to get handsy at all with the guests, though i kinda prefer that.
there's another haunted house that happens annually in the city, and that place gets a lot of complaints from the guests because the actors are apparently too rough? but even if we were allowed to touch guests, it's not like i'd be trying to bruise anybody lmao. just basically what you described, spook 'em or even guide them if need be. thankfully, my area isn't too confusing or anything. It's one path all the way thru, even if there's turns and stuff, it doesn't really branch out very far. though admittedly, sometimes the fog machines made things hard for guests to navigate. wasn't often, just on particularly still nights. no wind to move it along.
I remember one night where after a group got past me, i heard and FELT the hardest "Thunk" I've ever heard and then one of the guys was like, "did you just walk into the wall?" "Yeah i did."

I tried not to laugh.

Oh lord, that sounds awful. I'm thankful i never had any major costume malfunctions, but to be fair, my costume was pretty simple compared to a lot of other people's. i came late when it came to picking costumes out, so a lot of the cool stuff was taken.
next time lol.
And wow! I don't think we ever got any huge big shots coming by. That's really cool. And their daughter's worked at this place? O:

We got a few cool faces too i think, like popular radio personalities from our city and the city's own football team come thru.
I think a couple news stations dropped by as well, but again, i was always tucked away in a corner so only the actors out in the scare zone got to see any of them. oh well, i only knew one of them anyway, and i think i totally missed her.

i think it's funny how these haunted houses can attract so much attention, but they're super neat!
I used to live in a small town one province over from where i am now. not a lot goes on there, but a couple years after i moved away, i found news coverage online about a popular haunted house that started up back there! If i ever go back, I'd love to check that place out too, lol.

ooh, a zombie run sounds amazing! the closest thing our city has is a zombie walk. we get two of them a year. one in august at the baseball stadium and then a larger one during october. I think i've only went to it once. but all it is is people dressing up and marching around the city in costume. if i had the chance,i would absolutely join this zombie run thing you got going lmao.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 03:37:30 )

*casually raises my poor unfinished hangout from the dead*

I was gearing up for some pumpkin cupcakes and then I found out that the cream cheese I'd bought was like 4 months out of date. Except I didn't buy it that long ago, and that stuff doesn't go bad that quickly. It was months out of date while it was sitting on the shelf at the grocery store, and they didn't even check. Shoulda known, shopping at the crap store I worked at, where last year they sold me milk that was a month out of date, too. And when I went to get a replacement, surprise! Every milk left on the shelf was even older than that. Terrible place.

So no pre-pumpkin spice season goodies for me yet. :( But I can use this as an excuse to put something in the recipes block (to hold onto it for later) and finally start adding some links.

In other news, been watching haunted house video walkthroughs and lighting "fallen leaves" incense and dreading the thought that I might not be moved out by October yet again this year. Must be pre-Fall. Which is to say, summer. Summer is coming and all I can think about is Halloween and dead leaves, what else is new?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/24 11:43:32 )

I love Asian Horror movies and I love horror games. I have a whole lot in my steam libary.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 21:51:23 )

The Grudge was some scary shit, yo.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.