Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Feeling a bit homesick today

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/15 18:39:10 )

Yeah I’m just feeling a little homesick for south Florida. I’ve lived in multiple cities/towns in the area and I just kind of miss the beauty of Florida. I miss the weather. I know others hate the weather there, but I’ve always liked it. I miss my friends. I miss having a home to go back to.

I know that was no work for me and my husband there. That’s why we left, and it’s makes me mad that the governor isn’t going anything for good for the state, just what’s good for his pocketbook. (That’s a different story)

I’m just feeling a bit homesick today. It’s making me have low energy. :(

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/15 18:57:12 )
Yeah, but at least there are no fire ants.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/15 20:22:29 )

Sorry to hear that total. But it's also understandable.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/15 20:51:47 )

@onsenmark: haha thanks for giving me a laugh.
You are right. There are no fire ants. I just miss living on the east coast and being close to family and friends. CA is great but it’s dead expensive and none of my family lives here.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/15 20:52:16 )

@vengeance: thank you. You are always so supportive.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/15 20:56:04 )

@Totalanimefan: I could not see myself living anywhere then where I live now. I would for sure get homesick.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 00:30:49 )
Aw, being homesick is totally normal, especially if everyone you know is in another place. Have you tried calling them? Maybe that can cheer you up. :D

Ping me if you want a reply! I like getting pings

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 03:08:16 )
@Totalanimefan: are you hitting Otakon this year? (also I'm not surprised you're not on the discord, since there are people from the Ota forums on there.)
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 05:55:50 )

@onsenmark: I’m totally going to Otakon. I’m super looking forward to it.

@Kurohon: thanks. It’s a bit late to call them now cause of the time change.

@vengeance: yeah. I like seeing other places and living other places but I do miss home.

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 07:36:47 )

@totalanimefan: I totally feel you girl. I moved out of state from where I lived my whole life almost a year ago, and I still get homesick a decent amount. But... I can't go back because it IS too expensive and I don't wanna live with my parents again.

Home will always be home, no matter how far we go, we are always drawn to where we grew up.. I wish I had some advice to give.

I'm going to be visiting home next month, but I am afraid that I will leave feeling more homesick.. :(

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/16 19:31:43 )

@skettiyeti: That sounds hard. Have you made any new friends and learned what's in your area? That really helps. I've done all of those things, and I have some good friends here, but I still miss home sometimes.
I wouldn't be too afraid to go home. Enjoy the time with your family and treasure it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.