Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Tablet and program suggestions?

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/13 19:14:21 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

I'm looking into upgrading to a new tablet within the new few months and I'm looking for suggestions! Right now I'm using a small Wacom Intuos Pro. I've been eyeing the Apple iPad Pro (which you can finance via their website). I also need suggestions for programs as rn I am using a free program that doesn't have many options.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/13 20:19:50 )
@nyreen: If you want to get ipad pro and can afford a bit of money, I recommend the latest model. if not, last year model is still good. For free programmes: the top two that I used before I get paid ones like procreate, I used: Medibang and Ibis Paint X

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/13 20:28:24 )
@Kairu: Thank you! OOOO Procreate! I follow a bunch of artists who use that, that would be amazing. * w* But how expensive is it? Is it a monthly sub fee or?

Donator — UWU/ Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/13 20:33:51 )
@nyreen: no, its one off payment. its good to get Procreate also if you can! I also want to introduce to you Clip Studio Paint, thats the sub one. it has a 6 month trial so feel free to use it for 6 months if you think this is the one you will love.
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/13 20:41:27 )
@Kairu: Thank you soooo much * w* I think I'm going to go to a local Apple store to talk about financing the pro and then I'll likely try out that 6 month trial!~

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/13 21:08:01 )
@nyreen: I'm picking up my new drawing tablet after work this evening! It's the XP-Pen Deco 01. The reviews seem to just rave about the thing. I'll let you know more once I test it out. It's very affordable, only $60!

Prior to this tablet, I've been using my Microsoft Surface BookPro which I have no complaints about for drawing either.

For programs, I'm in love with paint clip studio. Definitely 2nd the previous suggestion!
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/13 22:50:27 )
@Fozzy: oh wow that is SO cheap! i would love to hear about what you think about it, thank you for offering!

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/14 00:16:33 )

@nyreen: Why are you replacing your wacom? Is it dying?

I wouldn't reccommend the iPad, but that's just me.
If you want a tablet for your pc/whatever, then wacom, or Huion are good. (Huion being a cheaper alternative)

As for Programs, I will forever recommend Clip Studio Paint (valid for iPad too!) It often goes on sale.
Or there's Paint Tool Sai which has quite a following, and I used to use. It doesn't have many options though,s adly.
For free, Krita's one of the best.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/14 03:42:31 )

@nyreen: The newest iPad Pro is super awesome and you can use it for a lot more than just art.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/27 03:45:54 )
I'm trying out the Clip Studio Paint 30 day trial.
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.