Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/31 18:28:24 )

Mom was like today "I wanne go and shop somewhere. I want new clothes". So off we went to this really large clothing store. They have cheaper brands but also really expensive ones. My dad saw a summer jacket he liked. Turns out it was a sale item. Mom had pair of pants in the sale. The employee then said if you get another sale item all 3 will be 70% off. So mom found another pair of pants.

Well the jacket was original 428 euro's! But since it was now 70% off it was only 128 euro. Dad was shocked when he found out what the original price was.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/31 18:49:47 )

That's... still a lot lol. I'm so cheap, I won't spend more than $40 (that's like 35 euros) on a garment that isn't lolita. And even then, that's when I'm desperate for some like... work slacks or something. I'd much rather get it on the cheap at a thrift store if I can find it. XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/31 18:56:05 )

I never buy anything from trift stores since 99% of the time all clothes I see there are ugly.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/31 19:02:28 )

Damn that’s pretty good.
I try to find thrift, but I can’t always find good stuff so I do also buy at cheaper places, but I never spend my money at fast fashion places. Those are horrible for the environment!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/31 19:02:50 )

Also I thought that this thread was going to be about money we have in savings lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/31 19:16:46 )

Not all thrift stores are equal, I'll tell you that much. I have a couple I go to on the regular that have some nice things.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/31 21:18:58 )
I love thrift stores. I just wish they had more stuff in my size. I mainly thrift for my son, sig other, books, blankets/fuzzy/fleece blanket type stuff for the dogs to lay on.

I don't shop much for myself for clothes-actully nothing really, just cleaning supplies... although I did spoil myself and bought 2 WD 4TB My Passport to back up movies, music and pictures from the computers. Specially the pictures since I am archiving and digitalizing family photos. Those are also going to be backed up online as well. Also spoil myself with Sims 4.. but other than Skyrim and Fallout 4 those are the only games I play.

Last time I went clothes shopping I went over my budget I wanted to. I had $150 from birthday money and I only wanted to spend 100, but I spent 130. But it was well worth it considering the last time I went shopping for clothes was uh... 2017. That and I found some good deals... shirts that were previously priced at around $8 were marked down for $3, I kinda cleaned those out, lol. I don't like clothe shopping at Wal-mart too much ever since they got rid of JMS, but their new brand is kinda growing on me. I just wish there was more stores out their that cater to bigger women... sure there is the online places like woman within, but as much as I hate to go out to shop sometimes it's just kinda nicer to see the quality of the product your getting before you purchase it. Or to see if it fits correctly.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/31 21:51:50 )

My favorite thrift store has plus sizes and dressing rooms so I always find good stuff there AND can see if it fits right before buying.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/31 21:58:47 )
I go to thrift stores when I can, but all the ones in my area are a little too far to walk to.

Also, damn, I could use a couple 4TB externals. Just saying.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Voltie — Shy Kitten Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 02:54:32 )

I'm too picky for clothes ; - ; But sales are nice :p
(^ㆁᴗㆁ^☆)ノ
@ for reply!

☾✧ quest tracker:

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/1 03:50:30 )
I love finding deals! I just recently bought a shirt, 2 dresses, a pair of pants, and a pair of shorts for $30 altogether at Old Navy. XD

I have to justify my purchases to see if it is worth the price. So if an item is $20, I feel like I need to wear it at least 20 times to make it worth paying that amount. Even still, I don't ever recall buying anything over $20. I try to buy everything on sale if I can help it. I'm way too cheap. I also try not to buy anything that can't serve me at work AND at home. Dual purpose clothing. XD

I like to thrift shop, but I've found that I don't really like what I pick out at the thrift store as much as stuff that I buy new. I also find that I'm more adventurous with thrift shop purchases than regular ones and I'll only wear the item a few times. Which is fine if I wear it as much as I bought it for..

My coworker and I do a clothing swap at least once a year where we clean out our closets and trade clothes with each other. That's always really fun too!

@macsen191: if you are in the US, I shop at an online boutique called Zig Zag Stripe a lot. It has a really wide range of sizes and the clothes themselves are very forgiving and flowy usually. Their sale section is really cheap too.

Please ping! I get distracted easily.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.