Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing [Request-Open] Seeking literate, long-term 1x1

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/31 14:19:56 )

About Me:
30/m/Southern US (time zone: EST)
Currently staying with a family member while I hunt for work. I love nature, magic, food, and all things horror. I have chronic health problems and a lot of stress, but I try to make time to chill out and work on fun things like stories, art, and character development. If you wanna chat with me, I'm open to talk about pretty much anything.

RP Preferences:
-Literate (Post length depends on the flow of the story.)
-Third person only (Past or present tense is OK as long as we agree on one beforehand.)
-Detail, buildup, and character development (Stories will not be over in one day.)
-I can't be online 24/7, but will usually post at least once a day (Depends on schedules, etc.)
-I value OOC communication (Either in a separate OOC thread here, or on Discord if you prefer.)

Don'ts:
-Romance-based plots (if it happens, it happens, but I won't plan a story around it)
-Fandoms (of any kind, but especially anime)
-Generic LotR-derived fantasy (pretty elves, pseudo-medieval setting, everything starts in a tavern)

Dos (do's? does?)
-Horror (pretty much any kind)
-Sci-fi (I'm especially fond of aliens, but robots and future tech are also cool)
-Fantasy/Folklore (trolls, goblins, fairies... maybe something totally different or made up?)

My Characters
I have a few characters from my story project that I'd be willing to play as in RP, which I'll link below for anyone interested. If you want to use or know more about any of them, I'd be happy to tell you more and/or work out an RP plot.

My Toyhouse

My OCs aren't a good fit for everything, though, so don't feel restricted to them! We can discuss other ideas, if you prefer, and I'll be happy to make up a character that works for whatever we're doing.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/13 14:14:20 )
Made some slight adjustments to the OP. Still seeking potential RP partners, if anyone is interested/looking.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 11:12:53 )
*slams beer on the table*

I'll do it! And I pick Valko for the character >8D

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/25 11:13:39 )

GOOD THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 03:16:10 )

My interest was peaked so I'm popping in. I just have a honest... And probably stupid sounding question. What does "generic LOTR style derivative fantasy" mean? Does it mean don't copy the plotlines of middle Earth? Or is it, I don't like fantasy settings in candle and outhouse times? I know silly question, but I'm honestly confused and wanted to get clarification.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 03:41:30 )
@Shadami: Nah I think that's a pretty fair question lol
Basically I mean the kind of obviously LOTR-inspired setting/character types that have become pretty ubiquitous in the fantasy genre. It's reached a point where if I say "fantasy", people take for granted that there will be a medieval setting, orcs, beautiful human-like elves, etc. Just really not my thing, as I'd rather take my own approach to the stuff of folklore and fairy tales than just copy-pasting the style popularized by a certain author.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 16:31:54 )

I tend to think fantasy means magic and creatures that are not human. ^^ though admittedly my favorite books are Tamora Pierce which might be considered medieval setting. I guess I'd understand more if I could have ever gotten around to finishing ... Starting more than just the first page of the books and seen the movies more than once xD

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 21:18:06 )

I haven't read it, myself, but if you know what generic "fantasy adventure" stuff tends to look like, then you probably know what I'm talking about.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 22:05:29 )

Okay so I think I've gotten t what you're saying. So next question. I don't have much personal experience with tropical areas so I'd be going off mostly guessing and research. Also I try to be active, but life catches up to me. I do not abandon roleplays, because I always come back, just sometimes time escapes me and I could be gone for a month or more. >.>

Are these things you would be okay with?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 00:10:58 )

I can't guarantee that I'll maintain interest if several weeks go by with no replies, but if you can try to let me know ahead of time when you might be held up for a while, there's no harm in seeing how it goes.
As far as familiarity with the setting, feel free to ask me anything you're unsure about, or if you'd rather pick a different setting, I can do that, too, depending on what it is.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 00:35:57 )

I might need to pass sadly than. xD I never know when I'm going to get caught up. Two kids and I'm pregnant with my third :3 life is sometimes out of my control. ^-^ I wouldn't want to do that to you if it's not something you are comfortable with.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 07:51:44 )

Aye, well I appreciate your interest anyway.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/7 19:31:48 )

Time to bring this back up, in case anyone wants to give it a go.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/7 19:55:01 )

@Uncledaddy: Yo!
If we can come up with a decent plotline and we can agree to each others terms
(IE, I like my threads to have a beginning, middle and end. NO neverending bullcrap. But I am more than willing to start up another thread after the first is completed ~<3)
then I am totally 100%x5000 game for a thread~<3
If you want writing samples from me, I can definitely throw 'em at you (Don't look at my threads with Colin. I match what I'm given.)

I'm totally game for a horror based RP, but I'm not entirely sure what it is that we can do. I tend to default to the idea of a couple college kids (journalism) that are doing a human interest article for an assignment, and head into the local abandoned asylum. Inside it's... well, a variety of things could be there.
Ghosts, portal to hell (literally), demons, portal to another world a la narnia, etc.
XD

I'm not the most creative, admittedly, when it comes to coming up with ideas ^ ^;;

♯ Obsession \\ Rejection \\ Your final breath \\ is now my possession ♯

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 22:03:39 )

@Amber Lynne: Oof, sorry for disappearing; I didn't expect anyone to reply so soon and got busy with other stuff. I finally got a job interview and I've been completely scrambled this week trying to get stuff in order.

If you're still interested, I definitely prefer to have an end goal in mind, so no issues there. Plot-wise, I don't have anything really set in mind, either, but lately I'm feeling pretty big on witches...
though abandoned places with ghosts or portals are also pretty versatile, so I don't mind either way.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/16 23:27:34 )

@Uncledaddy: Ohhh, good luck on the interview!

And no worries~<3 I'm patient ^ ^

Yeah, I'm definitely still interested =)

And for plot, geez. I got a couple ideas, but they're all retrades of things I've done before. LOL.
Not sure if that amtters?

(Also, witches ftw)

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 17:42:50 )

@Amber Lynne: I have my first day of work today! So that's cool.
And I don't mind either of us re-using plots as long as we like 'em. Coming up with one is always the hardest part, and actually getting started.
I had a vague idea in mind of someone (or someones?) trespassing through the swamp. Maybe they're specifically looking for the witch? Then weird stuff can start to happen. 'Cause I know if I were a witch, I wouldn't appreciate people snooping around my house, either. :Y

AKA Count Trashula

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.