Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk What is Love?

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 11:06:05 )
baby don't hurt me
don't hurt me
no more

What is LOVE?

Do you consider it to be emotional?
Purely chemical?

Something beautiful?
Or something to be avoided at all costs?

Have you ever felt love for someone?
If you have, what did you do with it?
If you haven't, do you wish to?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 11:39:51 )

Tis chemical, with far too much emphasis on romantic and sexual love and too little on friendship and familial love.

Item QuestHangoutSales

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 13:30:00 )
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

I've been in love for several years now, so I've got some insight. Love starts chemical, for sure. Most love that I witness tends to fall away with time. I've seen and am experiencing the lasting love. It takes full acceptance of each other, flaws and all. It takes COMPLETE honesty and open conversations. It takes respecting each others boundaries. It takes soooo much trust. None of this should ever feel forced or one sided, it should feel easy and natural. If you find yourself having arguments instead of discussions, get some space until you cool down. Acknowledge emotions but do not confuse them for logic.

TL;DR: Love is chemical, but it takes actions and attention to keep it strong and firey.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 13:55:13 )

I see love as more of a choice.
                Like it starts by being attracted to someone based on your first impression of them (for example, their looks or personality). You treat them first as if they're a perfect being without no faults. You see them through a filtered lens.

But then at some point, you end up discovering more things about them. You uncover hidden traits that you realize is far from what you expected. Maybe some of those are traits you hate. You begin seeing that person without that filtered lens. It's at that point where you choose whether pursuing them is worth it or not. If not, then you move on and find someone else. If you decide to chase them, then you learn to love them as a person. The philia and pragma kind of love.

art by 🥝

Ping me if you want a reply! I like getting pings

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 16:31:35 )
                Millet, spilling the tea:

A mutual bond and commitment to be good to thy self and each other for:each other and with each other.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 17:12:49 )

This is a complicated question to answer because I believe everyone experiences it in a different way. Sometimes love is a blessing, sometimes a curse. It can bring unity or discord, happiness or sadness, hope or regret. I suppose you could describe love as a yearning of the soul.

Mallow Tumbleweed
                My Sons

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 01:41:58 )
                Thank you for such insightful responses!
                I am impressed. :3

I suppose I should actually answer one of my own threads for once. LOL XD;;

I believe that love is intangible and strange. Beautiful, and terrifying.
                I believe that sometimes it makes sense, and sometimes it doesn't.
                I believe that if people can make it past the infatuation that happens at first, then perhaps they have a chance at something real.
                I believe many types of love exist. Some sensual, some platonic.
                I believe that all are valid.
                I believe that as long as you can find someone who understands you, treasures you despite your flaws, you'll be alright.
                I believe that love exists for everyone, the trick is finding it.
                I believe that love is a sneaky wench who likes to sneak up when you don't want it to.
                I believe that love comes first.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
                And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
                He/him

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 05:59:35 )
                Its chemical its a choice some should be avoided. Love is a very complicated and simple all the same. I am happily married, but there are times when i wonder if its enough. I have two beautiful girls. I love them dearly but they drive me nuts sometimes.
                Art Shop
                https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7892 Art Dump
                voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7849 Item Shop
                voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7944

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 20:45:58 )

Have you ever felt love for someone?
                Yes big time.

If you have, what did you do with it?
                Nothing. I was to afraid he would turn me down. I have been bullied for 4 years so I am scared of telling someone I like them.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
                Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
                Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.