Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Oh goodness, it's been a bit...

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 05:40:42 )
I haven't been on a new avatar site in years. Literally, this is my first intro thread in about 3... 4 years? Goodness me. Lol.

Anyways, Hi! I'm Scrib. I'm an artist and writer. I heard about this site from lurking on other sites so I decided I'd give it a shot, see how I like it.
Ah, I'm 22 years old, I have a dog name Olliber, Ollie for short. He's an adorable little booger. Ah, I also like roleplaying when I'm well enough
to do so.

Hopefully this is a good Intro to the community. Nice to meet you all!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 06:55:33 )

❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️

@Scribartz: Hi and welcome to Voltra! I hope you have a wonderful time here~
My name is Alyssya and it's a pleasure to meet you!

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 07:09:20 )
@Alyssya: Hi! Thank you so much! I hope to as well. It's nice to meet you Alyssya!
[This site's notif system is so cool. =D]

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 07:12:11 )

❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️☃︎❄️

@Scribartz: You are welcome! Would love to see some of your art sometime.
[yea it is, one of the things I love around here :)]

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 07:18:46 )
@Alyssya: For sure! I am looking to open a shop up [hopefully] some time. I'm terrible at making shops,
so it's usually a "hey, who wants some art?" =P

It's so cool. It doesn't go away unless I tell it to. Amazing for someone as forgetful as me. /.\

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 07:27:51 )

@Scribartz: Give me a hollar once you've got it all squared away~ What type of art do you like to do?

Yea it is handy, I like how you can see it when you have other tabs going too! Really handy for me!

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 07:33:23 )
@Alyssya: I generally do traditional art and color with alcohol based markers. But sometimes I staart out with a traditional sketch and digitally color with my ipad. And I will for sure. =D Righ now I'm looking for a relatively secure place to upload art to be able to send finished commissions. I haven't posted anywhere but my instagram in a bit.

Yesss.

Also, thank you so much for the gifts. <3 i really appreciate it. =3

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 07:59:10 )

@Scribartz: Ah, sounds like a good deal then. I had looked into alcohol based markers....but couldn't decide which brand to buy, which ones do you like?

You are welcome, I hope you find use for them!

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 08:13:24 )
@Alyssya: that really depends. If you like brush nibs, Windsor and newton and copic are literally on the same level imo. Only difference is smell.
I recently bought ohuhu markers simply because, more colors for my money. And the company stands behind the product. I got a marker without ink and they refunded for the marker. Typically they would replace it free of charge but the warehouse was out. They are a learning curve because there is no brush nib, but I really like them for artworks, especially since they are like $3 a marker. And a good spreadsheet for colors. My only issue is the cap and color sheet colors are lighter than the marker ink. (Sorry for the big reply. XD I could ramble all day about pros and cons.) I will PM you some of my art tomorrow. I did them with the ohuhu markers, so it should be a decent example of results you can get.

And definitely! :D

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 08:19:33 )
@scribartz: Welcome to voltar ^^ , nice to meet you.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 08:25:31 )

@Scribartz: I don't mind the length of your reply, I found it really informative so thanks for being willing to share! I look forward to seeing those pics then! I am gonna hit the sack it's about half past 2am here I hope you enjoy the rest of your time online! Looking forward to seeing you around~

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 08:42:56 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Hiya Scribz,
Welcome to Voltra! Glad we piqued your intetest, what sorts of writing do you do if ya don't mind my asking? :)

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 10:38:31 )
@Scribartz: Welcome!
Yay, another artist! You should totally open up a shop. :3
so I can buy art from you lol

Looking forward to seeing you on the forums!

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 18:51:44 )
@Asha: Thank you so much! It's nice to meet you as well. ^-^

@Alyssya: NP! I really like the markers for sketchbook pieces and little odd projects I decide to do. I will send the pics as soon as I get them uploaded.

@Millet: Hey! Thank you! I have mostly been doing some work on a script for a webcomic I am hoping to start work on later this year and a book I am currently writing. When I have the time and brainpower I also RP with folks. ^-^

@Kozi: I hope to! I just have such a mis mosh of stuff to do, getting a good portfolio set up and what not. ^-^
Thank you!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 19:11:38 )

@Scribartz: Welcome on here. Let me send you some free items.

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 19:22:49 )
@vengeance: Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. /.\

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 20:19:36 )

@Scribartz: You are welcome.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 21:26:15 )

@Scribartz: Hello and welcome to Voltra. I think you made a nice introduction. Welcome back to the world of avatar sites. This is a pretty good one.

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 21:31:44 )
@Totalanimefan: Hi! And thank you so much! I really like the avatars and the site in general so far.
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 23:58:01 )

@Scribartz: yes. And if you haven’t tired it yet, this site is great on mobile.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.