Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion [DEBATE] Virtuous Guard

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 02:35:16 )

I've seen a bunch of people asking how to price this- so I'm going to attempt to do so.
Please know, just because I am a staff member does NOT make my analysis accurate.

I'm going to break down how I came to my conclusion of its value to which you can agree/disagree/combat
and hopefully together we can come up with an average for a starting point for Collector's items.

Here I go!

Virtuous Guard
*Set includes at least 2 additional recolors per pose*

With a couple of extra wing recolors! Thank you, lily!

Pixels by Chich

The bundle is priced at 3,500 Ohms which is equivalent to 70,000 volts

It includes
-3x Crate Item One Changes monthly
-3x Crate Item Two Changes monthly
-5x of Crates (Which gives you a CHANCE at the rare crate item) Changes monthly
-1x the monthly rare item Changes every other month
-1x of the Collector's item Changes every 6 months

Can't argue that this is a lucrative deal.
250 ohms a crate (5k volts)
translates to

5v x 11 = 55,000
If you were to buy those individually, you would have purchased enough
to guarantee a rare which is included in this set.

This leaves a 15k value to be claimed- which sounds very low for Virtuous Guard.
And I'd say most people buy the bundle FOR VG, and hope to sell most of the extra crates.
So the bundle is broken down into
(Crate items)
(crates)
(rare)
(collector)

1/4th of the purpose being VG- if we divided it like that- would value it at 17k.

IN MY OPINION BOTH FACTORS SHOULD BE ADDED.
To which I would personally value VG at
17k plus15k: 32k volts, I'd probably round it down to just 30k volts.

That doesn't make mathematical sense whatsoever, but its the best fair number I could try to justify for this item.
Considering I'm sure most people who buy the bundle aren't typically looking to sell the item. You lose the "deal" aspect,
when trying to avoid the bundle and go for the item. Despite lasting 6 months this is a hard grab and you'd really have to entice
someone to sell it. Hence, why I came to this conclusion.

UP FOR DISCUSSION! Go ahead and put your thoughts below.

TL;DR Just want the conclusion: 30,000 Volts

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 02:36:27 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Why does voltra not show when you use the plus sign? lol /goes and edits

Feel free to post!

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 03:00:51 )
Yeahh i kinda agree on the actual value left is 15k, but i dont think anyone gonna go that low xD, since we have to buy a bulk of other things to get them

But i dont think it will be priced that high in the end tho..

The thing about the collector bundle item is that it cost a lot to get them. But it is more worth it to buy them than buying the crates..
So for those who can afford them, buying one bundle = you are set for the month. I doubt anyone gonna buy more than a bundle each month

So i would say it is almost impossible to get someone to sell them in the first / second month.. But after that the one who buy the bundles monthly would have abundant of extras of the virtuous guard..

So... I'm gonna say 20-25k, with no one selling in the first month, 25k ish in the 2nd and 3rd month, 20k ish in the 4th and 5th month, back to around 25k ish for the 6th month

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 03:20:20 )
You gotta @Mention me.

Comparing it to the Samurai Shock, because they're both the first of their kinds, and I think that's a fair way to compare,
I think at least 30k is accurate.
But just looking at VG I can tell it's gonna be in demand even more so,
So I could see 35-40k being reasonable maybe.

But then again, I'm shite at judging prices for things.
My opinion only comes from comparing it with Samurai Shock, like I said.

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — UWU/ Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 03:46:13 )
I would agree with the price. Because its one of the first big wings and specific body mods. The angel halo is upgraded version from the last angelic item.

Not sure in the long run it depends if the demographics are into angel/demon stuff like I do. I can say that 30k is safe bet for selling in few months.
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 03:54:11 )
@Bioshock: i would say try to get them whenever there's a chance to get them... I'm just saying that the 4th & 5th month are probably the time where quite a bit of people start selling it xD..
Since most people wont be buying a second bundle per month, and i think some people gonna want more than 1 of the virtuous guard

It isnt that rare if you think about it to be honest..
For those who buy a bundle per month, the quantity of items that they gonna get after 6 months are :
General Crate Item : 5-6 each
Rare Crate Item : 3 or More each
Virtuous Guard : 6

Just that since people need to spend quite a bit on the item, the sentimental value the owner have for the item wouldnt be low. And the price wont be cheap xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 04:09:31 )
if not a lot of volties have Virtuous Guard it will be costing more in the end.

though say one voltie does have a lot of the Virtuous Guard and decides they want to sell it, whose to say they wont try and sell if for 30k or more?

to some it is more rare, than the rare in the crate! because not very many are around, or not very many own Virtuous Guard. do you see every voltie wearing a Virtuous Guard, No hence why it seems more rare and will cost more in the end. unless more can get the bundle.

sorry if I worded any of this wrong, or if none of you agree. but this is how I see it as of right now.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 18:38:04 )
I think these are all cool and valid points but I gotta ask...

Do we know if any have been sold yet?
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 20:02:56 )

I would have said 25-30k. I don’t think that is an unreasonable price. It’s hard for people to get enough Ohms to buy the entire package, so it’s most definitely not worth 15k or even 20k, 20k is about the same price as a rare from the orbs and it normally does not cost 3500 Ohms to get the rare from the orbs.
Since most people are leaning towards 30k I can go with that. They are the ones that had to fork up the real cash to buy it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 23:20:10 )
@Addy: I haven't seen one get sold yet, I guess we will have to wait on that happening
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — What The- Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 23:46:37 )

Fartsy Says:

Sounds logical and fair to me. *thumbs up*
The Legendary Frump Moff, Artist For Hire, check my artpage!
My artpage!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/22 00:23:58 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

None will be sold for a while. Like Raxton said, most that will sell wont be until May/June/July but demand will be high too.

It seems a large majority agree on the pricing concerning the factors. I'm going to call this a starting point for all future collectors sets. 30k
And price will likely incline up with demand after they leave the stores. I was offered 27k in items from a user but mine isnt for sale. Xp

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.