Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat how's your winter going?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 03:19:52 )
@Scribartz: the important thing is to not let genetics get in the way of our life :D
My mom is hypertensive so I've been doing everything to keep healthy. Like OMG I haven't eated chicken skin in so long.
I mean, we can delay or hopefully prevent things :D

I can imagine. It's rare that drivers here would pass the pedestrian lane even if a pedestrian only has one foot left on the lane XD I mean, it's those guys who are gonna get in trouble for hitting the people on the pedestrian lane >.>

Ah yeah. Most people I've encountered are pretty nice. But even if they're impatient... sometimes I just think "TIRED OF WAITING? RUN OVER ME I DARE YOUUUUUUU" lol XD

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 03:38:58 )
@Ixora: Trying not to. Unfortunately after passing out at work and stuff it's kinda hard to not let it get in the way. ^^; Some things can't be fought. As far as food goes, I generally eat pretty healthy. More veggies and fruits than most other stuff.

Yeah... Naw. Toronto sounds like an amazing place to drive at in comparison to sask. I would trade in seconds. D=

xD I used to do the same. Instead it was more "YES! FUND MY COLLEGE TUITION!" lol. But it sounds like, in general, pedestrians are respected there. You'd think it'd be the same most places... =\

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 03:56:38 )
@Scribartz: I get that.
Fried chicken skin is good tho D:

Yeah sounds like XD I've never had problems as a pedestrian in Toronto XD

Apparently, much of the world I've seen are pretty disrespectful to pedestrians. My aunt went to Vietnam and she said if you wanna cross the road, you gotta close your eyes cause all you're gonna see are cars and motorcycles flashing by you and they're just gonna evade you DX

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 04:58:15 )
@Ixora: I never said it wasn't. Lol. I'm middle eastern and my favorite rice is made with chicken boiled in the seasonings to make a base. I like to debone it and fry it up and have it with a nice salad. Fried chicken skins are amazing and as long as you have high fats or something in moderation, a little shouldn't hurt.=P

I hate being a pedestrian here. Terrified. Just terrified.

LOL! Hey, I heard crazier things. There have been jokes about nothing stopping traffic in india, But it's just different everywhere ya go. =P Some places pedestrians are respected and looked out for, other places it's like a bowling match... D=

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 05:18:30 )
she looks to the sky to build herself

@ixora: i've been drinking quite a lot of tea and orange juice
it's been getting better, doing a lot of sneezing and blowing my noise, but better!
the humidifier would help so much, my apartment complex has very dry air
I wanna get one off of amazon so i'm struggling to wait thru this cold lol

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 15:24:20 )
@Scribartz: there is no moderation for me ; n ; I has no control D:

I've never heard stories where pedestrians are respected. I'm from the Philippines and the only places there where pedestrians are respected are inside universities >.>

I've never heard India traffic stories DX

@deaa: that's good to hear.
Why not order it now tho?

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 20:12:23 )
@Ixora: Lol! Fair enough. I lose all self control when it comes to cake and pie, and chocolate. But I need them all or else I have these crying spells. xD MODERATION. If I need to be reminded of it, I just have my little sister watch me and say "Really? ANOTHER piece of cake? How much of it are you going to eat?" And then I give it to her. xD

I'm from Missouri. Pedestrians aren't respected there at all. Literally. xD

Oml, I have. I have a friend who has dual citizenship between canada and india and she tells me about the crazy traffic. D= It's insane, dude.
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 21:38:26 )
snow starts up again tonight and goes all of tonight into all of tomorrow I am just glad that the wind chill advisory had cancelled but it is still in the negative digits.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 01:55:51 )
@Scribartz: ah same. Sweets r the best ♡
Lmao. I try my best not to have tooooo much sugar these days... it's really hard ; n ;

Idek. Lucky I'm staying in a place where I can walk around rather comfortably. The snow and slush makes me walking 10x slower DX ngl, I'd rather walk slowly than fall on the crosswalk XD

@unicorn: whoa. It snowed today here and gonna be really cold tomorrow too. Hope you keep warm ♡

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 02:13:57 )
@Ixora: myself and little unicorn will be keeping warm and toasty. but thank you it snowed here yesterday. but it is to start up again tonight. I wonder why it couldn't have snowed this much on Christmas.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 02:21:26 )
@Unicorn: ah yeah. It's been snowing so much recently. Sucks that I have to be going out recently ; n ;

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 02:56:44 )

Kiwi's Posting Contest / Unicorn's Posting Contest
(with a referral contest too!)

My winter could be better. Jan and February are the coldest and normally snowiest months of the year up here.
Got laid off work because my store closed down. Having to find something new.
Having to ride the bus back and for places, sometimes it takes almost an hour to get to destinations. And it doesn't run past 5pm, so that makes getting jobs where I would have to rely on the bus route harder.
Though, my kids' birthday is in a little over a day! They will be 10 on the 29th! Gotta make and ice the cake tomorrow night.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 04:22:39 )
@Ixora: I can understand that, I have been trying to stay inside but I know that I will have to shovel tomorrow.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 14:41:40 )
@Unicorn: rest well after you do :D

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 15:23:23 )

We are getting snow tomorrow again. Just as the snow has left.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 19:10:40 )
@Ixora: hopefully I can, It is still comming down the snow is I mean, and most places in my town are closed today. the library is closed and so are many other places.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 19:29:02 )
she looks to the sky to build herself

@ixora: I returned my echo dot and im waiting for the refund before buying it
i don't order from amazon often, so it would just sit on my account
and i don't want to chance my mom using my refund lol

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 21:37:58 )
@Ixora: Penguin walk I guess? I have no idea x.x
I have many issues, gender things among them
I also have a ballet obsession and an unhealthy interest in Sonic the Hedgehog games. Take as you will, haha!
@ me, yo!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 22:10:28 )
@vengeance: more snow everywhere DX

@Unicorn: yeah there is a storm going on at Toronto as we speak. The wind is crazy. Glad I got home before dark. Stay safe everyone :D

@sirlionelnigelconrad: whoa. Take care on your traveling DX

@deaa: yaaaas use the refund! ♡

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 22:10:44 )
@Onyx Popcorn: that is exactly what I do DX

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.