Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat how's your winter going?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 03:08:50 )

@Ixora: yeah that is much better lol.
My class is Advanced Linux/Unix systems.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 15:20:31 )
@Totalanimefan: studying for a degree? :o

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 21:23:17 )

@Ixora: I think I would like a certificate in Linux. An AA would take too long at long one class at a time. Plus I have already been to school.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 21:26:18 )
@Totalanimefan: what is an AA? :o

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 21:29:30 )

@Ixora: it’s a type of two year degree at a college in the US.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 22:18:17 )
@Totalanimefan: ahhh like an associates degree?
Alright. Good luck with that and all the future homework XD

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 22:23:04 )

@Ixora: yes. That’s the same one.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/25 22:29:28 )
@Totalanimefan: I couldn't seem to find it but what does it stand for? Like why AA?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 00:00:00 )

@Ixora: associate of the arts.
Just like a BA is a bachelor of the arts.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 00:07:25 )
@Totalanimefan: oooooooh nice. More to know each day XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 03:15:42 )
she looks to the sky to build herself

I just started my first cold of the winter, I was doing so good to avoid it this year.... and yet ; -;
i'll be holed up all weekend trying to get better by Monday

here's to the humidifier I haven't been able to buy yet! *wish you were here*

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 03:31:42 )
@Ixora: This is my fifth, sixth winter in central canada. It's so, super freaking cold. xD But the part that bothers me the most is the amount of snow up here. It's like a big mess you can't get rid of. And no one here knows how to drive. But I guess, all in all, my winter isn't going horribly. Aside from some odd health issues, I've enjoyed many a good cup of tea and coffee on really cold days and curling up with my puppy and a good book.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 15:43:54 )
@koneko: oh noooo.
Get better soon

@Deaa: oh no not you too D:
You guys take care D: and get better soon
I was thinking about getting a humidifier too. Let me know how it helps when you get one XD

@scribartz: that sounds nice! I've been enjoying hot tea a lot lately.
Yeah when the storm came last weekend there were so many accidents.
Also, odd health issues?

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 20:49:38 )
@Ixora: Gosh... Why is it that folks who grow up around snow their whole lives never know how to drive in it? D=
Yeah... I can't even stand for too long without getting faint or passing out. I have been in the hospital twice.. Not sure what's wrong
yet, doctors are still running tests but I just haven't been well.

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 22:35:49 )
@koneko: I don't really know what pots is but they did a heart tracer thingy and it was fine, blood panel was fine. Physio said there was nothing wrong with my inner ear but my doctor is stuck on vertigo so... Since it's not my ears causing it, maybe it's my brain. =P It's frustrating because I've been out of work for 3 months with nothing really helping.

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/26 23:24:14 )
@koneko: Is an active stand test where they take your pressure while you sit or stand?
I might bring it up, but I don't want to go back to the same tests multiple people have done 5 times already. ^^;

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 01:09:32 )
@Scribartz: ugh I hate the feeling not knowing what's wrong with me. Hopefully the doctors figure it out soon.

I've never tried driving in the snow. Seems scary D:

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 02:49:39 )
@koneko: They did the blood pressure bit but that's all. =P But I know my bio dad had a mitral valve prolapse that gave him the same issues. Hoping it's not that. They had to give him a stress test before he got diagnosed.
And thank you. I really appreciate it. I will ask my doctor about it next time.

@Ixora: I hate it too. I just recently started getting well enough after one bout of the same issue [with heart palpitations] and going back to the gym, got a good job and now it's just all over again. It really sucks. And Hopefully. I'm trying to remain positive.

It. Is. A. Deathwish. At least in the city I live in. These folks will literally hit you. They don't care. Like, there are one lane roads. People will be trying to turn lef, and the cars will go around these folks to go straight at an intersection. No matter the time of year, or road conditions.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 02:59:16 )
@Scribartz: yeah definitely. Positivity is key! Hopefully it's nothing big tho.
I am here if you need virtual hugs

I can imagine XD The drivers in Toronto never do that to people crossing. As a pedestrian tho, I feel so pressured to walk fast @.@
I'm only like 61 inches tall and my stride is tiny and I walk casually so I'm like "omg driver pls dont say mean things about how slow i walk i promise i'm trying ; n ;"

Donator — She Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/27 03:07:49 )
@Ixora: Hoping as well. But I inherit more physically and mentally from my bio father, so I just hope I didn't also get his health issues. [he died at like, 59? that would suck. ]

Drivers here do that. My mom yeilded for a bunch of school kids crossing and a big truck tried to go around her and almost hit the line of kids. This is saskatoon. I have a friend from Toronto and when she sees the same stuff she flips. xD She's so sassy she yelled out the window at these dudes.

Aweeehhh! xD I am sure they don't mind waiting for you. Most folks don't. Those who do are butt holes.
Ping me for fast replies!
https://youtu.be/y4IF2WtkgtM

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.