Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Tell me about...

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 05:43:05 )
something, anything great that has happened for you/to you this past month!

Big or Small
I don't care

Let's talk about really great things :vivi-celebrate:

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 05:49:59 )

Let's see...

• My cat is finally seeming to feel better after lots of distress and medication. Though he still has some health issues, he's healthier than I've seen him in a long time.

• I started listening to Critical Role again, this time starting at the 2nd season and it has been a complete blast. I hope I can get caught up quickly so I can watch live with everyone else.

• I've actually managed to start drawing again and found it to be very fun. I also reconnected with some of my old artist friends through twitter and it's been super great seeing everyone's art again.

• I have received 2 of the 3 pending lolita dresses I ordered and they are BEAUTIFUL. I expect the last one to arrive within a month.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:02:11 )
@priestess of pie: You have had a great month!! I'm so glad to hear your kitty is doing better. I hadn't heard of Critical Role before, but I'll definitely do some research into it. How many seasons are there?
I'm happy that you are drawing again and it's bringing you back to your old friends. Do you have any art I can see? I'm sure you've posted some here, but I'm being lazy. XD Your pixels are awesome though! I'm excited about those dresses! What do they look like? I bet they are gorgeous!
/is done pelting you with questions for now

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:15:59 )

Something good?

I was able to finally sit down and do a custom doll for the first time. I've never managed to, yet have wanted to for years now. So yay!

I was able to, also, get my other half to sit down and watch Doctor Who with me~<3

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:23:20 )

I really like this thread.
I’m happy that even though life has been stressful I’m still able to roll with the punches.
I’m happy that I’m putting more time into Voltra.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:26:19 )
@amber lynne: That's awesome! How do you make your dolls? and are you proud of your first attempt?
Getting another half to do anything is absolutely a feat of greatness. XD Congratulations!

@totalanimefan: Thank you! I was getting really bogged down seeing all of these negative things that people were posting and I just wanted to see something nice. xD (it probably doesn't help that I religiously read the post your rants/confessions threads).
I'm really glad that you've been able to roll with whatever life has been throwing at you. Resiliency and flexibility are so important! I'm happy that you are putting more time in Voltra too. :vivi-celebrate:

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:31:50 )

@Mousy: I used what I THINK is an Ever After High doll as a base and then chalk pastels and acrylic paints for the face, yarn for the hair and kids clothes from value village for the clothes. XD (Sewing those were a pain, lol)

Wanna see her?

Andyeah. Getting him to do anything is a miracle sometimes. LOL.

What about you? Got anything good recently yourself?

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:38:17 )

@Mousy: There's only the two seasons and the 2nd season is still ongoing. Seasons is misleading, it's really just how the specify campaigns. The first season they kinda started recording part way into the campaign because they thought, hey, other people might enjoy our shenanigans.

Uh, aside from doodles this is the only thing I've finished, but it's the first fully colored piece I've done in a LONG time.

My dresses, I got a light blue one with lace and flowers printed on it. It's lightweight and will be wonderful to wear in the spring and summer. 2nd one is dark blue and black with a stained glass print. It's a little longer than my usual ones though so I need to figure out what kind of petticoat to get. The one I'm still waiting on was a big splurge for me, but it's gonna be great.
Here's a link to the page that has pictures. I got the coat and the jsk.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:44:01 )
You gotta @Mention me.

We figured out why our water bill was so damn high, and we fixed it.

And my mom gave me money to get a nintendo 3ds so I can play animal crossing together with my girlfriend.

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:49:14 )
@amber lynne: I would love to see her! How long did she take to complete?

My other half and I don't agree on what shows we want to watch, so we "compromise" and he watches what he wants and I play on the internet or read a book. XD

This month has been kind to me.
~My family came for a visit and that was nice, but now they've left and that's really nice.
~My son is doing a great job potty training.
~I've got Monday off
~and the best news- something really bad/traumatic happened to my little family in 2015 and it finally came to a positive conclusion here in good ol' 2019. I won't go into any details because I don't want to give anyone that could be reading this ideas on how to really ruin someone's life, but it was not pleasant. Now, we've got a huge weight lifted off of our shoulders and are ready to face the future!

@priestess of pie: You are SO good!! Your art is beautiful and I'm so glad you're putting it out into the world!
That page has so many gorgeous dresses on it! Holy cow! Do you wear these to everyday things or special occasions?

@Rallaa: Yaaaassssss! Why was it so high?
that was so nice of your mom. Good mom

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:52:43 )

@Mousy: Some people are lifestyle lolitas, but I only like to do it once in a while because I'm VERY lazy and that is a lot of work to do every day lol. My friends and I go out together and get lunch or tea or go shopping in our dresses from time to time. I also wear them to conventions and the like.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:53:53 )

@Mousy: Here ya go!
I can get better pics if you want =)
She took me about 12 hours to complete =) So not too bad.

And lol. I know that feeling. I generally do the same, XD
I can't watch subbed stuff because I need something else to do at the same time. Or at least that's my excuse. XDD

And oooh,
Family visits are wonderful, but it can be so damned nice to be alone again, lol.
Potty training can be quite a task sometimes, but still, it's wondeful that that's going well! Apparently I was a pain to train myself, lol.
An extra day off? That's always good!
And it's amazing that you've got something good out of a horrible experience~<3

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:55:22 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Mousy: My girlfriend's stepdad,
His toilet is kinda screwy I guess, and it runs water like all the time or something.
So he's started shutting off the water to his toilet most of the time, and turning it back on when he needs to flush it.
Pain in the ass, but better on our wallets.

Yeah. I told her she didn't need to, that she already got me stuff back during christmas. (Space heater and some alcohol)
But when I talked about how I was planning to get one eventually, whenever I could squeeze it into our budget, she insisted on giving me the money for it.

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 07:07:04 )
took in a kitty until we can find a home for her

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 07:21:41 )
@priestess of pie: I bet you get lots of compliments when you dress up though!

@amber lynne: You did such a good job! Do you think you'll do anymore?
I love my family, but they make me crazy and family visits wreak havoc on a two year old's schedule. XD

@rallaa: I'm glad you got it figured out. I would have never thought to check the toilet. and that is just seriously so nice of her. Give that lady a card. Haha!

@shark: ooooh precious baby kitty! Do you have anyone showing interest in the kitty? I wish I could take one in, but my current baby is definitely meant for a one cat household.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 07:29:37 )

@Mousy: We get lots of different reactions lol. Sometimes compliments, some people want to take a picture, sometimes gross dudes cat call, sometimes we get the ol' stink eye. My favorite though is when little girls go "Look mommy, princesses!"

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 07:44:23 )

@Mousy: I have a second in the works! The clothing is hell though because she's a Monster High doll and the spines on those are frikken ridiculous. DX

Also, I totally understand the family visit thing. It was like that with my family when I was younger too.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 08:14:42 )

I was able to dye my hair back to grey without going to a salon and spending a ton of money :D!

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 10:35:55 )

I am going to see Parkway Drive on 6 feb again. I am super exited.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 12:40:52 )

I got a watercoloring set and I'm excited to try it out. Been wanting to know what it feels like to do watercolor.

@Shark: Oh, pics, please?
                That's a very nice thing of you to do. o.o
                It must be hard to find a new owner for her.

art by 🥝

Ping me if you want a reply! I like getting pings

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
                Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
                Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.