Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Half-Marathon~

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 03:56:58 )
My coworkers and I have decided that we are going to do the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February 2020!

I am not a runner and I have not been in shape for years, but we are each using this as our goal to better ourselves.
We're giving ourselves over a year to train and we'll be doing smaller runs in-between. We aren't going to earn fastest time or anything- we just want the experience and the added benefits of being in shape.

I'm really excited!

I ran/walked 1.5miles today and then went shopping afterward and managed another 2.5 miles.
I know it's not a lot, but it's a lot more than I'd been doing. I'm just slowly building up my stamina until I can do this half-marathon.

Have you guys done any type of run before?
How was it?

**Registration opens in June. Fingers crossed we get it in time!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 05:49:39 )

I'm not big on exercise myself. I have a few friends that do marathons from time to time. Just keep at it and you'll be there in no time!

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 07:14:29 )

You can do it! You just gotta put the work in! 703

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 09:45:46 )
We’ll carry on

I know someone who did the 5k run, half marathon and the full marathon in a weekend. He said that it was amazing (okay, he does love everything Disney).

There are perfect apps to give you a schedule on how much you need to run per day/week to reach your goal.
I don’t run (I have bad joints and running would be murder), but I do walk. Last week, I reached 10 km a few times.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 12:16:41 )
I used to run 10km.
Training for it was a pain in the beginning but once I did for a month or so, it was fun XD

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 17:32:30 )
yeah I ran/walked 10k before. Haven't done that in a few years though.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 01:34:02 )
@lilypoo: XD Princess is what sold me on it. People dress up and and you run through Magic Kingdom and the Castle and end in Epcot. You earn a princess themed medal and shirt at the end. XD I'm thinking I'll wear yellow and say I'm Belle. Idk.. I gotta get in shape before I think of a costume.

@priestess of pie: I have a really great support group and we are good at holding each other accountable. I'm really excited.

@totalanimefan: It feels good now, but I'm dreading running through the summer. Summers here are brutal.

@tuijp: Do you do PokemonGo? I feel so accomplished when i get all of those pokeballs for my KMs XD I bet your friend did the goofy run. I can't imagine doing back to back races like that. goodbye legs! haha! I'm looking into different apps. right now I'm just using my watch to track everything, but it doesn't give you goals to meet or anything like that.

@ixora: That's awesome! Are you going to get back into it? I ran on friday, walked on saturday and ran yesterday. My legs cramped up pretty bad on my sunday run though. :/

@shark: Did you enjoy it? I definitely want to get a couple of 5k and 10k in before 2020

@koneko: I feel like I found every excuse in the book to not run for the past 5ish years, but we're all holding each other accountable. I'd absolutely be your support group if you want to start! My coworkers screenshot and send each other picture proof of our run if we aren't together. It was my motivator to get out yesterday! They each sent me their pic and I was just like... ughhh.. i gotta go get mine in! haha

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 02:01:13 )
@Mousy: I would if I can run on a treadmill but... I can't run very long on treadmills ; n ;
Stretching exercises help! I'm doing yoga tomorrow for a nice stretch.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 04:18:07 )

Good for it and don't give up ^^ Even if it's summer.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 10:07:01 )
We’ll carry on

@Mousy: I got bored with Pokemon go so extremely fast. I live in a small town and there are hardly any pokestops here.
If you want pokeballs, good luck sitting next to the church all day!
I have no idea which he did, just that he did those 3.
What kind of phone do you have?
@Lilypoo: I saw the orange text border and, without paying attention, I thought it was a post of Fozzy.
Now I can’t stop imagining Fozzy dressed up as Cinderella.

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 14:25:16 )
Here in the darkness I know myself

That’s such an awesome goal!
It also helps that you have others to keep you motivated.
Every step is a step towards your goal.
Can’t break free until I let it go.
Let me go..

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 16:29:59 )
We’ll carry on

@Lilypoo: he will look fa-bu-lous!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/16 02:20:34 )
@ixora: I can't run long on treadmills either. I need to feel like I'm going somewhere! I haven't run on one since getting a phone that can stream tv though...I wonder if I could get more mileage if I'm sucked into a show. Haha! It probably didn't help that the only treadmill I've run on has been in a gym open to the public in college. I think I was more interested in attracting a guy rather than getting shape though.

@lilypoo: They have some really cute shirts for Cinderella! I'm cracking up over Tuijp right now! I'll find some cute shirts and outfits to show you!

@totalanimefan: Thank you! I'll try my best! Maybe it'll convince me to wake up before noon in the summers. XD

@tuijp: I got bored with it too until I moved to a bigger city. I use it to bond with my sister too. She's in Singapore and it's still extremely popular there. I've got an iPhone. Any apps for apple you can think of?

@lithium: Thank you! I just love my team. We work so well together. I got really lucky.

@koneko: If you ever change your mind, I'm here! The gym scares me. I know that no one actually cares what anyone else is doing, but that doesn't stop me from being really self-conscious.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/16 09:35:07 )
We’ll carry on

@Mousy: it’s only good when you live ina big city
For beginners, there is the app 5k runners, where they guide you into getting to 5k
Then there is Runkeeper and that is basically for everyone who runs
And Strava, where you can also keep in touch and follow other people

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/17 15:47:58 )
@Mousy: I ran on a treadmill last night. Only lasted 30 mimutes ; n ;
Can't blame you XD

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/17 15:53:32 )
We’ll carry on

@Ixora: those things arw boring. When you walk/run outside, you see things around you. You need to stop every now and then, but on a treadmill you see only 1 thing and nothing happens.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 22:05:25 )
@Tuijp: exactly that.
But it's winter and it's so cold out. I can't ; n ;

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.