Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk I'm stuck.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 19:14:05 )
For a while now my anxiety has been getting worse and I've lost some progress. I use to get up early and adventure around all on my own. Take buses, walk down busy streets, eat alone and take photos. But now I'm in bed more than I go outside.

I always feel this intense feeling of dread when I think about getting up and instead of pushing myself to, I always end up laying in bed for hours. Sometimes all day, unless I really need to use the bathroom or I'm so hungry it hurts.

I'm trying really hard to get up now but it's going to start getting dark and it already feels like I've wasted the day.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 19:18:06 )

Is it seasonal depression perhaps? Don't get down on yourself for being down. Sometimes things just happen. Maybe try to think of something productive you can do from home on days you don't feel like getting out. Just any one small thing.

I know I get really tired some days and it's hard to get things done so I just try to make a short list of things that I MUST do that day and then call it after I'm done. Or if I feel like I just can't do anything, I'll try to schedule the things I need/want to do for later in the week. Sometimes just mentally preparing myself for doing something makes it easier to do later.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 19:38:34 )

I get seasonal depression really hard. That sounds like the same thing. :(

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/6 00:30:45 )
I experience this year-round but it defs gets harder during the winter. It has been so cold and the weather (rain, ice, etc) has made it rly hard to get around so I end up staying in more. I think I'm going to try to go out tonight after a shower or maybe head out tomorrow and do something. I want to start trying to hang out with just myself bc I find I'm relying too much on other folks. I rarely go anywhere alone. > n<

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/6 00:36:33 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: I'm honestly having a rly hard time finding a reason to get up. I've been on holiday for a bit bc my work is closed so the past two weeks I haven't really had a reason to get up aside from a few family gatherings and some parties. Maybe I need to start dedicating some time to hobbies... playing my banjo, drawing, writing, etc. That sorta thing and make myself go out more on my own so I can get out of this rut of feeling like I can't do anything alone or make memories without company.
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.