Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Does it Ever get Better

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 06:40:55 )

TW: Suicide/Death mention, + edge x 100000000

I've been dealing with depression and anxiety since I was in 5th grade. And it seems as time goes on it only gets worse. I've been on numerous medications, gone to therapy, and am currently doing both, and it's just getting more and more difficult to bother waking up in the morning, or to find any reason to live. I'm constantly full of anxiety, or just completely upset and feeling worthless.

I'm just at the point where I feel like I've basically given up completely, and if I wasn't so scared of death, I'd have killed myself already.

i mean honestly does it get any better, or am i just waiting to die lmao

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 07:42:12 )

@Gay Space Trash: it does get better but it’s hard to change one’s mindset when one can only see the negative. Shitty things happen everyday, great things happen everyday, mundane things happen everyday. You have to train your mind to not focus on the negative.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 07:50:21 )

If you mean does your depression get better and do you stop feeling the way you do, then the answer is yes (but it comes with stipulations). The combination of therapy and medication is the most effective treatment for depression and has the most success. It takes time. If anything, you'll learn a thing or two about patience.

I was diagnosed with childhood bipolar and have suffered from depression my entire life. It took me until 2018 to find the perfect combination of medication and therapy that worked for me, and I have taken a lot of steps in my daily life to help me live a healthier life (such as practicing good habits).

If you feel like your current medication isn't working, then discuss that with your doctor. If your doctor won't listen to you, get a second opinion. I've used a lot of medications and just because it does its job doesn't mean it doesn't mess something else up in the process. Make sure you speak up for yourself and become a partner in your treatment not just a patient.

A reminder to drink water and take your vitamins.

QUEST

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 18:18:29 )

I agree with Bloo.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 18:24:00 )

It can get better but it's going to take time and work. Just as you didn't reach your current state in one night, your recovery too will take some time.

If you feel like you are slipping down further, absolutely talk to your doctor and therapist about this. If you feel they are not helping you do not be afraid to find new ones. Not all health professionals (mental or otherwise) are equal and it may just not be a good fit for you.

The thing is though, there's so much in this world worth living for. So many new stories and discoveries. So many interesting people and things. Please hang in there because you deserve these treasures too.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/5 22:45:18 )
》::: ✿・`.*
@Gay Space Trash: i feel the same way. Ive dealt with it since 7th and it just gets worse. Ive gone thru numerous meds and nothings really stable. It works for a few months then it gets bad again. My mother had bipolar disorder and I lived with my grandma for a couple months and she knows the signs so im going to be tested for that soon.. :/. Hopefully I get the right diagnosis and medication to actually help
*.`・✿ ::: 《
Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 08:01:08 )
honestly it depends on your life situation and the reason for your feelings. if it's chemical, that's treatable enough, though it does take time and consistency and it's important to remember that a treatment isn't necessarily a cure. if it's due to life issues, really that requires change. so whether it gets better depends on whether you're able to make the necessary changes for your situation to improve, and whether you have an adequate network of support.
either way, it only gets better if you put in the effort to address the problem(s) to the best of your ability and have others around to be there for you during the process. not to be a downer, because those things are usually doable, but it's kinda meaningless to say "it gets better" without realistically going through the how and why. If nothing changes, neither will the way you feel about things.
Uncledaddy's storage mule.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.