Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Persona 5 on PS4.

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 23:59:23 )

Hey peeps!
I've recently bought a PS4 during Boxing Day Sales and since Persona 5 is currently on sale I was wondering if people who have played the game on PS4 will recommend it? It looks brilliant and seems like a game I would normally go for but since I have to choose between a 1-year PS Plus subscription (on sale) vs Persona 5 I am trying to decide which would be more fun and beneficial.

So, heeey Persona 5 Peeps and the likes?
Giopinionsur opinonss and reviews please<3 Thank.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 00:00:39 )

@devil: My other half adores Persona 5.
I never really got into it myself.

And honestly? I'd go with the Plus sub myself.
Free games every month with that
PLUS discounts on games

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 01:47:00 )

@devil: you should get it. It’s one of the best JRPGs ever made. So much do that other types of gamers like the game. I love it. 10/10.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 01:50:37 )

I haven't gotten to play it myself but I feel obligated to tell you to get P5 because of how many friends I have that ARE SO INTO IT OMG. Like wow. Also they tell me it is the BEST place to start with the Persona series because it has a much easier learning curve?

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 02:37:35 )

@Amber Lynne:
Why did you never got into it?
I like the sound of the overall thing except for turn-take. Never been into that.
jdshisjfh and yeah that's why I am tempted for the sale PS plus.

@Totalanimefan:
What makes it the best game in your opinion?

@Priestess of Pie:
Oooohhh i seee
well it's good that it has an easier learning curve. What do they say whats good about it?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 02:40:24 )

@devil: Probably because I've grown apart from thew hole jrpg obsession I had when I was younger.
And because I watched my other half burn his way through it.
Thrice.
XDD
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 02:43:40 )

@devil: The characters are just super relatable and the story is fun. I've been wanting to get into it myself but I found the earlier entries to be a bit of a grind. I'm told that P5 does a much better job of this.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 03:15:29 )
P5 is easily the best game in the Persona series mechanics-wise since they improved upon it game after game.
The thing is... if you start with P5 and be like "I wanna play P3" it might put you off since a lot of the refinements makes the mechanics really different. I see a lot people loving P5 and complaining about P3 (especially about the art but it came out like what 2006).
But if you don't like turn-based combat, you may not like it.

I think PS Plus would be more beneficial tho unless you really want to play P5.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 08:07:12 )

@devil: the music, art style, storytelling, the demons, the way you befriend them, the characters, etc

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — 666 Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 10:41:05 )

@Amber Lynne:
Ahhh that is fair.
I liked some jrpg and played some myself. But I always prefer the all out battles rather than turn takes.

And wow if he played it that much it must be really good haha

@Priestess of Pie:
I see, yeah lots of people tend to mention that P5 seems to be the easiest to get into but the most improved as well.

@Ixora:
I am really interested in it because the characters and style is so interesting and I like the mixture of game genres and mechanics it has. The soundstrack is pretty awesome. The only downside for me is really just the turn take. Although I’m not completely opposed to turn take. I’ve enjoyed couple of games that are turn take it’s just exactly my ideal cup of tea.

@Totalanimefan:
I see...
pls ping me.

[ DEVIL ] LISH // art auction & hangout.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 11:21:27 )
@devil: After playing through P3 and P4 numerous times, I was super excited for P5. I was a bit let down, if I'm being honest. I still played through it and had lots of fun, but it just didn't pack the same punch for me. The story and characters felt off.

So if you're playing for those reasons over the turn-based elements, I can't in good conscience recommend P5 over the membership you're debating on. If, however, you really enjoy the idea of spending your own time on activities day to day in the game, it might be good. But you can also experience that in P4/P4 Golden (if you're able to play it on the console it's available on).

Also, a good thing to note is that P5 (like the other Persona games) is a slow burn. It tells a story through massive scenes and dialogue, and you might find your actions restricted sometimes for those scenes.

If you want a little bit about the series in general, it's reminiscent of Pokemon in a sense. You collect personas (or demons) by successfully negotiating with them in battle, and can fuse them. There are quite a lot of demons you can get, and fusing can take a lot of time if you're into it. You can transfer skills from previous demons, so it's possible to customize and build ultimate demons for any stage of the game depending on your needs.

I wrote way more than I thought I would. Hope it helped. ;o

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/3 12:36:44 )
@devil: Then that is a hard decision to make D:
I don't know how frequent PS4 game sales are since I don't own one. I own P5 on PS3 but maybe you can take into account the possibility that one of the two options would go on sale again?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.