Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat How we all doing this year!?

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 14:52:48 )
Hi Volties,
Just back at work after ringing in the New Year. I'm feeling pretty good and excited for what 2019 may bring.

To be honest, I was very pleased with 2018 and I think it was bitter sweet to see it end.
BUT TRUST ME - 2018 wanted to make a memorable exit.

I went grocery shopping to make a nice dinner for our small celebration at home the night of new year's eve. I was heading home and we had a winter storm warming. When I'm heading up the ramp to get on the Highway my car completely lost control and I ended up off the side of the ramp way down the hill into a ditch. I sat there for like 2 hours until a tow truck was able to pull me out.

I was like "SMH, really 2018? You've been so good to me! lol"
Fortunately I was safe and my car is just fine!

So how was your 2018? Are you excited for 2019?
Any plans or resolutions this year?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 14:59:05 )
Whoa. That's scary @.@ Glad you're okay tho! :D

My 2018 was pretty hectic and I'm glad it's over and my 2019 resolution is to start studying Japanese again lol and put myself out there art-wise I did the first step and made and art IG but that's all so far
What are your resolutions? :D

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 15:05:02 )
@Ixora: Thank you, I'm glad no other cars were involved, that would have been much worse. >.<

Well hopefully 2019 will be much less hectic for ya! I also want to get back into my studies.

This year I plan to continue my journey in living a healthier lifestyle and keeping to my gym schedule.
Really get a good schedule together for learning code as I had purchased some materials and courses but didn't put in the time I wanted these last couple months. This would allow me to offer more to Voltra as a project and hopefully introduce some small features if I can catch on to things.
Finally, get back on my professional studies grind which involves going back to school for a short while to get my foot in the dental field.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 15:15:25 )
@Fozzy: You're welcome. Of course but it's great that you're not hurt or anything. If it were me, I'd probably be scarred for life and never drive again ; ___ ;

Yeah definitely! I finished my undergrad last month so I'm enjoying the change in pace for a while :D

That is a whole lot. Good luck on all the studying. I'm cheering you on (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و
How long do you have to study to be a dentist or be in the field? o:

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 15:24:42 )
@Ixora: Congratulations! I completed my undergrad in Biology last december, so I've taken the year off for a breather and just not stress over studies. Since I've been off school I ended up moving out of state. Right across the street from my new place is a technical college and they have a 35 week Dental Assistant program. So my plan is to do that to start working in a dental office even before I apply for dental school. I want to make sure this is something I want to do the rest of my life. I was always excited about it as a profession, but my science courses lost my interest. Coding, Webdevelopemnt, and Voltra really are my interests and passions and always have been, but I didn't have the confidence in it supporting me financially my entire life, ya know? So that's where a profession in the health field comes in to play. xD
If I do continue, dental school is another 3-4 years of school.
How long have you been studying Japanese? Can you read/speak/write it?

@koneko: Aww, that's really unfortunate. I'm glad she's okay!
Yeah, I didn't go out for 2018, just a quite night at home after running off the road. lol
That's awesome! I wish you the best for 2019!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 15:37:52 )
@Fozzy: Oh congratulations as well! :D
That is a good plan and it's great that you're studying coding on the side. I had no real dreams growing up so I just did whatever would give me more opportunity as time passes just so I can survive so I understand where you're coming from XD
Sounds like there's a lot of discovery ahead for you in 2019!
But I hope you don't burn yourself out cause it does sound like a lot @.@
I started studying Japanese 2 years ago kind of to open more opportunities for me in the future just in case XD I can read, speak, and write but very basic (around the level of an elementary school kid). I was supposed to take the Japanese Language Proficiency Test for N5 (the lowest level) 2 years ago but I chickened out cause I was scared of failing @.@ The test is every December so hopefully I'll take it this year and depending on how much progress I make, I might skip N5 and directly take the next level.

@koneko: We can study together if you wanna XD
I stopped cause I had to finish my undergrad and I couldn't really devote any time to it.
I use almost exclusively the Genki books cause I marked them out according to the JLPT coverage XD
And they include audio too which is good cause I heard it's similar to the audio used in the JLPT exam :D

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:04:10 )
@Ixora: Yeah, it'll be a lot.. I also work 7 days a week, but I have plans to cut back somewhere. That's the reason I've fallen behind on studying code and stuff. x3
Tests are always so nerve racking, that's why I haven't taken the DAT for dental school yet. I just don't feel confident enough to pay to take it and then fail. That's just money I don't have to waste rn. V_V
So what degree did you earn for you undergrad? ^^

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:13:06 )
@Fozzy: 7 DAYS?!?! @.@ That is amazing tho (;*△*;)
Ah yeah. The price for some tests can be insane ; ___ ; And as you said, you're not even sure yet if you still wanna pursue it so I guess it's okay to put it off (*^▽^*)b
I figured... everyone eats ♨(⋆‿⋆)♨ so I have a degree in agriculture and I focused on horticulture.

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:32:33 )
@Ixora: Yeah, non-stop grinding for that $$$$$. lol
I work during the week 8-4:30 pm in the office and am a server on the weekends.
I needed that! I've been telling myself I'm behind, but it is what it is. xD
Oh, that's true! Do you know what you'd like to do in that field yet?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:33:29 )

Oh hey, car crashes. My biggest fear!

My 2019 has been alright so far. I've spent most of it drinking various hot beverages while playing Guild Wars 2. Though, there's a bug flying around my house and my boyfriend's suffering from it... and I can already feel it starting to hit me. It's a good thing I have a while till school starts again...

RP Search status... Open!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:37:06 )

Yikes, that's terrifying. I'm glad you're ok.

2018 has, without question, been the worst year of my life. أ‿أ I am not sad to see it go.

I'm looking forward to this year though. It's my year. The year I take back what is mine. ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:44:20 )
@Fozzy: sorry to hear all of this, but I am glad to hear that you stayed safe, and are alright.

I know that it started to snow at 3 this morning. my street didn't get plowed until hours later.

but the little unicorn called it, for there being more snow outside, by saying its snowing out at 6 something this morning. now she wants to go outside. this weekend is the little unicorns birthday, so not too much is going on.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:44:36 )
@Fozzy: That is non-stop ; ___ ;
How long are your weekend shifts tho? D: Hopefully not too long that you can still get some rest and relaxation :D
No such thing as behind tho! Even though it's pretty cliche, we all have our own paces. And I think taking time to explore and discover stuff is a great thing (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و
Not really. My life is kind of on pause right now cause I'm gonna be taking time to spend with my mom in another country for half the year so right now I'm just floating... going where the wind takes me XD
I'd like to be a part of something that makes gardening and farming young and hip tho! (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:50:51 )
@Chrysothemis: Ah! Another resolution of mine, I need to make just a little time for me to have some downtime to enjoy video games again. I started playing My Time at Portia and loved the game, but have been to busy lately. V_V
I wish you and the bf a speedy recovery. I've been sick the past couple weeks and finally feel like I'm getting over it!

@Priestess of Pie: New year, new possibilities! I had a rough patch a few years ago with family matters and was so glad when a new year came around. It really does feel like a fresh start. Best of luck in 2019. :3

@Unicorn: I do love snow, but darn do I feel another way about it now that I drive. I kept my cool during the whole spin out. I just knew things could get a lot worse if I freaked out and started spinning the wheel all over the place to get the car straightened out. Definitely a scary, but good lesson to drive even more carefully in the future.

@Ixora: Weekends are usually the same as my week schedule. Out of the house by 8:30 am and home between 4:30 / 5:30 pm. I definitely try to rest as much as I can during my evenings. Usually spend my time off working on Voltra, but even though this is work, it began as a hobby and I enjoy it. :3
I've been in a pause too, which is why I'm hoping to get back into my education this year. WOW, that does sound like a great way to use your degree! I feel like a lot of us don't know how much work and effort goes into a farm. Harvest moon makes it seem like a breeze and fun to do. lol

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:51:15 )
We&rsquo;ll carry on

2017 sucked extremely hard, so that made 2018 look pretty good.
Just too bad it had to end with my landlord dying. Come on, 2018, I kinda liked you and you do that?

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:53:25 )
@Tuijp: I'm glad 2018 was a better year for ya, it is unfortunate to hear about your landlord, may they RIP. It was so nice of you to help out with everything for them too. I assume you guys had a close relationship?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:54:12 )
@Fozzy: I am so sorry to hear that but I am glad that you kept your cool. was anyone else on the road that saw or was able to help check up on you until your car got up out of the snow?
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:56:42 )
@Unicorn: I called 911 immediately after my car stopped slidding into the ditch. The operator said multiple calls were coming in about a car the went off the ramp and wanted to confirm my type of car. So, no one stopped, but they made the effort to make sure someone came to rescue me.
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:57:06 )
@Fozzy: That is a lot of work hours a week! D: That's good tho :3
When are you starting the dental assistant program? o:
Yeah! Definitely. And farming is more mechanized now as well! I think it's pretty fun especially if you do it for yourself.
There's something fulfilling about eating your own harvest (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 16:57:58 )
We&rsquo;ll carry on

@Fozzy: he knew my family since my grandfather and we bonded over The Beatles. He was like the grandfather I never had (one of mine died exactly 9 months before I was born and the other when I was 2).
Saying goodbye is tomorrow and the funeral is Saturday morning.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.