Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:37:07 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:41:28 )

Peanuts aren’t technically nuts. They’re legumes. According to Merriam-Webster, a nut is only a nut if it’s “a hard-shelled dry fruit or seed with a separable rind or shell and interior kernel.” That means walnuts, almonds, cashews, and pistachios aren’t nuts either. They’re seeds.

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:48:09 )
oof my main beef with him is how he did Tippi Hedren. She was the main star of his movie Birds and he was obsessed with her, like basically tried to use "I'll make you into a star" as a way to trick her into getting with him. But she wasn't interested and he like TORMENTED her on the set of that movie, had real birds attack her without warning and basically just put her through a lot of trauma. he tried to make it even worse in their next movie together and she decided she didn't want to do it and didn't want to work with him anymore, but she was under a several year contract with him and that basically meant if she didn't work with him, she couldn't work with ANYONE, and her career was ruined

so yeah he's just a gross petty old man

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:52:30 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 20:54:56 )

@Apollo Im Burning: I always thought those where nuts as well.

The longest English word is 189,819 letters long.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 21:07:35 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 21:16:58 )

@Apollo Im Burning: It is a name for a protein.

Kleenex tissues were originally intended for gas masks. When there was a cotton shortage during World War I, Kimberly-Clark developed a thin, flat cotton substitute that the army tried to use as a filter in gas masks. The war ended before scientists perfected the material for gas masks, so the company redeveloped it to be smoother and softer, then marketed Kleenex as facial tissue instead.

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 21:17:13 )
YEAH it makes me so heated. especially since Tippi is so cool... did you know she helped start the modern manicure industry? in the 70s she went to visit a Vietnamese refugee camp and was talking to some of the women who complimented her beautiful nails and she was like 'you wanna learn how?' and flew in her personal manicurist to teach them how to do it themselves. Then after they showed a lot of interest in it, she paid to send them to beauty schools and after they graduated, she helped them find jobs. Then these women taught what they learned to their friends and families, opened their own businesses, and made manicures something available to everyone outside of just the very rich and began a very lucrative business.

it's a really good story and I'm proud of all of them

young dumb and full of crumbs

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 21:57:34 )
Gynandromorphism is a genetic mutation that occurs in some animals.In extraordinary cases, some animals have each chromosome in very particular physical regions. Meet the gynandromorphs, parts of their bodies are male and the other parts are female. It is seen most commonly in crustaceans, birds, cats,and insects.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 21:59:52 )

In the same vein as the oranges and bananas, I've heard that all apples we eat now are actually grown from cuttings of the same tree many many years ago. Like, real apples in the wild taste like garbage.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 23:13:26 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@vintage: Like The Room.

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 23:18:04 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Apollo Im Burning: If you want to be bombarded with useless, but interesting factoids, you should check out the youtube channel called Fact Fiend.
They use a green screen to show images behind the host, who intentionally wears green clothing just to fuck with the green screen.
And they often go off on tangents and talk about other stuff.
It's great. 10/10 Youtube channel.

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.