Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I bought a house!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 07:37:02 )

Yeah. My husband and I bought a one bed, one bath condo. (It was expensive lol).
We are happy to be homeowners, but the condo came in a much worse state than the reports said. There is no fridge, hot water and no heat in this house (two separate issues), also there is very little water pressure. When we started the heat the house instead filled with gas. The garage door works, but needs a repair.

So I haven't showered in days (yeah I know, thanks for sharing you think lol). The fridge was supposed to get here on Thursday but then couldn't fit it up the stairs. They didn't call us to try to fix the issue until yesterday and we had to order a different smaller fridge. Which is a fridge that we think we will like better anyway, but still.... We already had a guys come out to mount the TV to the wall, to look at our plumbing and the furnace. Tomorrow people will come to install the hot water heater we had to buy today, fix the furnace and install a new fridge.

My finals are tomorrow too.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 07:57:02 )
Oof. That’s a lot of problems all at once! D:
And right before finals, too. ;_;

Good luck, love.
Hopefully you will be all toasty warm and rested soon! D:

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 07:58:53 )

@Kozi: Yeah, not the best time to have all of this happening. Even with just moving I would have had very little time to study. Now I've had almost none.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 08:00:47 )

@xirin: Thank you. We let our Realtor know and either the seller or the inspector are on the hook for this. It's NOT ok that they didn't tell us that this wasn't working. Because then either they would've had to fix it or the would have gotten less money from the home sale. The inspector said that everything passed, and clearly that's not the case.

Donator — ghost Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 08:37:07 )

I came here to ask if I can come over for a slumber party but uhhhh it sounds like you have enough on your plate!

I'm sorry to hear all that, it really sucks when they withhold information like that and expect you to take care of all the issues they didn't mention. I'm glad to hear it sounds like it's coming together but I'm sorry you're under so much stress during finals. :c

Hope once everything is set up and fixed that the house is everything you wanted!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 17:05:50 )

@Ghostie: thank you. You could come over but just wait until you stare able to take a shower. Lol
Im
The plumber is here right now. He’s alright been here for about two hours.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 17:07:19 )

@xirin: yeah I probably wouldn’t have except that our realtor told us it’s super rare but if something is different than what the reports say, we can sue them over it. They lied in legal documents.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 17:15:45 )

@Totalanimefan: I was just about to ask can't you sue them or anything. Here in my country if they lie you can hold them acountable.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 17:55:15 )

@vengeance: Yes they are very much held accountable for this. This is a very serious matter. And not in just one place, but two.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 19:47:09 )
Why did the sellers lie on the reports?
Item QuestHangoutSales

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 20:19:40 )

@Totalanimefan: Congratulations! This is a huge accomplishment and I am so happy for you! I know its gonna take awhile till you make it all yours but when you do its gonna feel amazing! Good luck with your exams too! *lots of hugs* You can do it!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 00:33:34 )

@Little Crane: it can save them money. The house will sell for less or the seller will have to pay to fix it.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 00:34:00 )

@Saeyra: thank you so much. I had my final yesterday and I feel pretty good about it!!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 12:32:06 )

@Totalanimefan: Woo!! *hugs* alot of my friends are going through finals too atm. Very stressful time of the year haha. I hope you get awesome grades :vanora_smile:

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 18:30:21 )

@Saeyra: so I passed the class, got a 58% on the final -cries-

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 18:35:18 )

@Totalanimefan: Wooo!! Passing is still passing!! Go celebraaaate!!! *pops open a bottle of champagne*

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 19:17:51 )

@Saeyra: Thanks. I'm not sure how to celebrate it lol

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 20:27:31 )

@Totalanimefan: Treat yo self! Maybe get a really nice burger or something. Maybe a small cake? What do you like to spend on?

Always ping me please.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 04:19:47 )

@Saeyra: oh those are both great ideas. Maybe I should get boba tea? A bakery item?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.