Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Its Christmas! Let's make it snow good vibes!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 18:10:58 )

I just want to make a thread for everyone to get into the Christmas spirit and look back on the year 2018 and say what you appreciate about it. Maybe its the new friends you've made or the improvement you've made in yourself.

I started working as staff for Voltra this year and I just wanna thank QT and Fozzy for taking me on. I was completely new and have never been staff on any avvie sites before but they gave me a chance and here I am. I feel like part of a team, something bigger than myself. I get to do art which I love and I get to see all the user's enjoying the stuff we create. It is certainly a very rewarding feeling and I am grateful to experience it. I made lots of new friends this year too Lily, Kozi, Hazer I am glad I met you guys! *hugs* I know forever is abit much to ask for but I hope we are friends for a long time.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 18:52:02 )
2018 was a weird year.
My health was in ruin with no recourse, and nothing really seemed to be moving forward.
Even in a town full of people, I felt very empty and very alone.

I had joined Voltra eons ago, back before the blackout. Even back then, I considered joining up, but was too shy.
Then, some IRL stuff happened, and I had to vanish for a while.
I came back to darkness, and a bunch of hopefuls posting on Facebook about how they wanted their Voltra back.
They seemed so sincere, so I waited with them.
Then, one day I noticed it was back.
I still wasn't posting a lot, but I was happy for them.
Fast forward a few months, and I was much more active.
I played around with the base, seeing if I even still had the knack for it, or if it was gone entirely.
What I expected to do was make a few edits, post around, etc.

What I did not expect were friends.
The best ones I've ever had.
Suddenly, things mattered, people mattered.
Voltra wasn't just a site, it was literally a lifesaver.

Enjoy a big hug and mug of warm something from me.
Festive Holidays to you, Voltra.

let's rock this damn party for years to come

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 21:45:35 )

@Kozi: Awww I am so happy you feel that way. I hope your health improves and you make tons more friends on Voltra next year too

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 22:07:55 )
We’ll carry on

I’m grade full for 2018 because I got my kitty (who is now deep asleep on my lap)

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 00:08:46 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

(Sorry for typos. I suck at texting on the phone. RIP)
2018 unfortunately ranks high among terrible years in my life which is surprising to say as many things DID happen this year that are also some of the best things in my life? It was a very up and down year in the extremes of both good and bad but I shall highlight the highs!

I was finally given the greenlight to start taking the world's most effective narcolepsy medication and it has completely neutralized my cataplexy while tremendously helping my narcolepsy. This alone is a life saver and game changer. In between 2016 and 2017 I had unfortunately developed sleeping beauty syndrome. I slept 18-22 hours every day. And the hours I was awake were painful and foggy to the point I dont remember much of 2017. A almost blank year in my life. I fear if not for this medicine, this would still be the case and Id be an incoherent mess deteriorating and never have met any of you!

Thanks to normalizing from the above, I got much needed time outside. It had felt like eons since being able to just breathe and love the fall air. Engage in any of my senses really! It was my first time in several years I was CAPABLE of working full time at my Fiance's clinic. While I was sleeping a year it went to shambles. I gave it a much needed aesthetic makeover and I made marketing campaigns that paid off. In october our business more than doubled in clients and I helped get us back on our feet writing a years worth of appeals.

While I did devastatingly lose my cat foxy due to blatant negligence of our vet, I did rescue Lacey who despite medical challenges and expensive costs: has been an absolutely adorable delight. And I'm happy to say as of right now shes in good health and made a fantastic turn around!

I adore the staff here at Voltra and have a lot of fun here as a writer! After a year of sleeping in what felt like a coffin, I went on a writing spree this year scoring several publications in Chicken Soup for the soul books launching throughout mid and late 2019! Not wanting to lose my flow: applied for Voltra. Ive liked everyone I have interacted with and if there is one amazing quality this team has: it's pulling through and pushing for the win!
There is one particular staff member I have amazingly gotten along with and we surprisingly [rare for me] have a shit ton in common so Ive been low key beaming over dis shiny pokemon (such a lame and cringe description; dont hate meeee) but they don't like AhTENshUN so I'll leave it at that. >.>

Being awake had allowed me to rekindle old hobbies like D&D and bird studying. I feel closer than ever to my heart of gold fiance and I have much love and appreciation for his dedication and loyalty to me despite basically being in a coma for a year needing support...(couldn't even drink on my own, man. My dude the MVP.) I'm glad this year I could support HIM in return.

After losing a year of my life, I have a fire to produce ,help and get involved in as many things as I can: without burning myself out of course haha.

Happy Holidays lovely folks.

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 01:37:34 )
honestly 2018 was the worst year of my life... I experienced a lot of heartbreak, loss, and tragedy beginning exactly on new year's day... it's been a long journey, and I acted out on the pain I carried frequently, to a lot of people that didn't deserve it. I also isolated myself as much as I could and just felt so consumed by darkness.

it took a long time but... I'm finally starting to see the light of life again, and I will say as much as I wish I never had to experience any of this... I have grown stronger because of it all, as cliched as that is to say. it's given me a new perspective on what it is to be alive, and what it is to be human. I finally have hope again and I want to take what I've learned from this year and carry it into the next, for a new start, a better future.

I also want to thank voltra for giving me something to pour all this fire and pain I had boiling inside me into something constructive and good. while I wish I had a better mindset while doing it, I'm proud of what I was able to accomplish with all my coworkers and I want to thank them for putting up with me during my turbulent chapter. it's amazing what all we were able to build in this year, and I'm sure we can prove to be even more amazing in the next. I also want to thank the community for being so responsive and positive during voltra's growing pains and hiccups. we've had our ups and downs, but it's all been worth it and it always made me feel happy seeing you guys have fun and enjoy yourselves (part of what kept me going)

I also want to thank my friends for being there for me no matter what... I wouldn't have made it out of there if it weren't for your support and dumbass jokes

young dumb and full of crumbs

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 02:22:30 )

Thank you all for contributing to this thread I hope this will turn out to be a very white Christmas indeed :vanora_smile:

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 21:11:23 )

@xirin: That's really great to hear man! I am glad things are getting better. I wish you all the best for next year and I hope this Christmas is a happy one for you!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 21:27:15 )

I made a new best friend, and grew a little bit out of my shell. Got the upper hand with my social anxiety too.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 23:32:09 )

@Another Movie Addict: Thats amazing! I am really happy for you *hugs* your avatar looks really cute and I hope you have a Merry Christmas too!

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.