Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I bought a keyboard!!!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 18:45:40 )
    I haven't played in almost 10 years so I'm pretty much back to square one. I'm having fun reaqainting myself with how it works etc. I used to play at a professional level but now I'm barely a beginner :/

Can you play any instruments?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 19:46:30 )
super relatable!!

I used to be a piano kid™. Took lessons for 8 plus years, finished all the exams, recitals, music theory, practiced everyday for hours. Then school hit me like a train and I stopped playing (which I really regret honestly). Now that I have some free time again, I've been trying to relearn everything. It's hard though (and I suck now haha). I look at some of my old scores and I can't believe that I used to be able to play those things...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 21:00:42 )

I used to play the flute, I played for only four or five years. Wasn't terrible at, by no means the best however.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 21:18:33 )
    @Hachi: i am exactly the same. I'm wondering how I ever managed to play :o it seems like a lifetime ago. So weird.

@Another Movie Addict: do you think you would ever pick it up again?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 21:29:45 )

Nah. Lol I liked it at the time, but that was a very long time ago.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 21:50:36 )
I play piano and acoustic guitar. I love the feel of old weighted keys. Keyboards are so fun too! Hope you have a blast playing and enjoy some amazing melodies ♥️
✝ Sabℜina ✝

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/24 13:13:58 )

i can play some instruments but not very well. i so need to practice but i can't really read music so i have to memorize stuff.

in my house we have lots of music instruments.

two upright pianos, one electric organ, 2-3 keyboard pianos, two-three flutes, two violins, zither, fife, pan flute, lap harpsicord,
kalimba, ektara, acoustic guitar, mandolin guitar, maracas, harmonicas, water warbler bird whistle, ocarina, bells, duck call if it counts etc
i'm probably forgetting a few, and some i don't even the name of. XD

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/24 13:30:00 )
We’ll carry on

@xirin: same. I wondered why she was so excited about a keyboard, thinking it had to be some special kind. Then I remembered there are more kinds of keyboards.

@sunny: I can murder a violin pretty well. Does that count?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/24 16:08:14 )
    @xirin: that's nice that you still play occasionally. Keeps the brain working and stops you forgetting!

@Sabrina: thank you! I am really enjoying it so far b

@Zuzu: holy macaroni do you live in a music museum!?!? That's so many instruments! How fun :)

@Tuijp: murder is acceptable (um... let's hope that's the last time I ever say that lol) xD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/24 17:19:20 )
    @xirin: I get that. I wish I had continued to play the piano occasionally, now I'm struggling to even do the basics. I feel guilty too because my mum paid so much for all my lessons and exams over the years :o

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/24 23:38:32 )
    @xirin: that's what I'm hoping. It's not like riding a bike but more like digging up a fossil - little by little it keeps coming back. I'm going to take lessons again when I'm up to scratch.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/24 23:49:05 )
    @xirin: Same, it used to be a huge part of my life. In school I was all about music, it was the only extra curricular thing I did, I prioritised piano over my other classes etc. It seems such a shame that it's all turned to nothing :/ oh well. It's coming back gradually.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/25 01:24:17 )

@sunny: nope not a music museum but a collector's house (nice way of saying hoarders lol)
i used to also have a tenor sax but it needed repairs and a uncle wanted it, he pawned it for drugs tho, so that sucks.

are ye having fun re-learning to play? i wanna learn piano but i should try my hand at violin.
both violins are mine, one my dad got me years ago and the other was my grandfathers.
(Avatar Closet)

Voltie — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/25 02:56:18 )
@sunny: The only instrument I've ever played was the mandatory school one, I chose the flute back then, the whole class had to do it, I remember that much. I was so young and it was really hard for me to learn and I lost all interest after the first couple lessons. I'd love to try another one and see if I'm actually into that though... I mean, I love opera and stuff so why not try a trumpet someday, right??? Also, I'm super happy you got one and that you're relearning, that's so great that you and some others in this thread have so much good determination to get things done, I love it oh so much!!!!

Voltie — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/26 19:33:24 )
I have a keyboard and can pretty much just play "Happy Birthday" on it.
And for Christmas my boyfriend bought me a bass guitar that I don't know how to play at all lol.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 06:17:50 )

Congrats on the new keyboard. I thought that you meant one for a computer at first lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.