Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Doodle Bits - New QotW and Contest

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 14:07:30 )
@Selikait: oh? Weird how?
Ahh I've never experienced seasons before. I'd really like to visit a place where the leaves change colors in the fall. It looks amazing in pictures.
the closest I've been to snow since I was like 5 is opening the -70 degree freezer at work tbh

Maybe I am just picky then haha
Red was my high school color. Every Friday we'd wear it for spirit day, and they even gave us free red shirts every year. Except I never liked the shade of red they chose hahaha but I ended up with a closet of red shirts afterward...

Also I love the pixel in your post style!

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 14:42:48 )

@Hachi: Spring and fall seem to be getting taken over by winter. We've been having late snow storms in the spring then all of a sudden, it's summer. Fall got so cold so quickly too. I'll try to share some fall foliage pictures with you. I used to take pictures while hiking.

Thank you about the pixels. I decided to try giving pixel art a shot again. I found an easy to use app called Pixel Studio.

We also finally made it to the 2nd page which makes you the first freebie winner. Which avatar or OC would you like done? And do you have a preference which art style I try?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 02:20:45 )
@Selikait: I'd love it if you could! My sister used to send me photos when she lived in a place with seasons. They're so magical to me, honestly haha
Sometimes when I'm at the beach, I look at the ocean and think about people who have never seen the ocean before - I think the feeling is similar.

It looks really good! and I love the little animations!
I gave pixeling a shot back in the day but I just don't have the patience for it... (and... most things tbh)

Ahhh a freebie?? thank you
Hmm how about this OC?

She's new so I don't have any art of her yet! Let me know if you have any questions tho
And feel free to do whatever style you like!

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 02:52:20 )

@kiwi: Thank you! That was on an old record. We pulled the labels off before painting.

@Hachi: I added the link to my Instagram account on the front page. I post scenic views, mushrooms, flowers, and some animals. There should be some of the fall in there. I don't post there anymore.

I've started working on Rei as a pixel doll. I want to practice more. I have the skin tone already done.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 03:11:45 )

@kiwi: A primer would be better to start it. Painting on the vinyl, I had to let it dry longer between coats to make sure it would stick. I just didn't have primer at the time >.> lol.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 08:00:42 )
@Selikait: Awesome, I'm so excited!

And I took a look through your Instagram! I'm in love with all the different mushrooms and critters you've stumbled upon. I've never seen caterpillars that big in real life before haha
Do you go hiking in places that are pretty close to where you live? or do you have to go far to get there?

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/13 11:06:39 )

@Hachi: Those big caterpillars were from Florida. I'm way more up north in Massachusetts. I'm lucky where I live. There are a lot of hiking options close by, but I do travel to other places every once in a while to explore them.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/14 03:09:08 )
@Selikait: Ahh I don't think I've ever been to either of those states!
Tbh I haven't really hiked anywhere around where I live (in California) aside from small local canyons. I did some camping trips when I was younger but I don't remember those locations anymore haha. I'm not a very outdoorsy person but I love the scenery of nature...

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/14 18:55:37 )

@Hachi: I’ve never left the East coast. I’ve been up and down it through my life for vacations, but no farther west. I really want to visit California someday.

I’ve always liked the seclusion of the woods, but only got into hiking after college. I had a lot of respiratory issues growing up, so some activities are hard, but I’ve gotten over most of them. I still have to take a lot of breaks when we’re on an incline. My knees and calves burn. I can walk a lot, but the inclines are what kill me.

I feel like I’m a weird mix of outdoorsy and not. I like being outside and getting fresh air, but a lot of my hobbies are indoor, such as video games and surfing the internet. When I’m outside, I like the privacy and quietness of just the trees around. I love to read and tend the campfire when I go camping.
Feel free to ping me. I'm forgetful.
Temp Free Avatar Art
Trading and Selling Items

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/15 02:55:51 )
@Selikait: I hope you get the chance to make it out here someday! I've been all over California but never anywhere else on the west side haha. I did an east coast trip several years ago but I only visited certain states (mostly the ones with big landmarks) for a short period of time. And it was summer so... no fun seasons to be seen.

Glad to hear that your health has gotten better so you can do things like hiking now!

Oh man, me too haha I need more reasons to go outside tbh
I really like the idea of reading alone in the woods, surrounded by trees... it sounds really nice. idk if I could do that tho just because I would definitely get lost by myself haha

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.