Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Doodle Bits - New QotW and Contest

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 18:35:34 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

to

Hello all! Welcome to my art catch all. This thread will house my art, avatars, contests, chatting, and much more. Please feel free to hang out and make yourself at home.

Question of the Week
This is intended as a conservation starter. Feel free to chat about whatever you like.
What is your favorite color combo?

Table of Contents:

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 18:38:16 )

Doll base used is Minute by KawaiiHannah.

Updated 12/9/18

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 18:38:59 )

Page Contest
The first poster on specified pages will receive a freebie headshot/bust. Please see My Gallery for examples.

Winning Pages & Page Winners
Page 2 -
Page 5 -
Page 7 -
Page 10 -
More to come as needed

Roll the Dice
In honor of my RPG days, roll 1d20 when you post. You may roll as often as you like until you win. Winners must wait one week (7 days) before rolling again.

Roll a 20! Natural Crit! - You win an experimental freebie.
Rolled a 1. Natural failure - I'm so sorry. Since you tripped on yourself, here is a daily chance item to make you feel better.

Dice Winners
None yet

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 18:39:26 )

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 18:40:26 )

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 18:41:37 )

Links to your threads and galleries could be here.
If you would like to add your link here, please contact me.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 19:11:52 )
Welcome to my gallery and closet! My thread is under construction, but feel free to check it out and chat while I tidy up the place.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/24 23:31:12 )
TRADITIONAL ART
the internet needs more of it

Nice start to your gallery! Can't wait to see what else you'll put up.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/26 17:15:49 )
@Hachi: Thank you Hachi! I am way way more comfortable drawing with pens and pencils. I took your comment about the internet needing more traditional art as inspiration for my post headers. I was not happy with what I kept making in GIMP anyways.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/28 04:23:17 )
Whoa love the animated thread banners! Looks very cool
And saaaame. I have so much control over pencil/pen but then I go to a tablet and my lines are WHACK

Hmmm question of the week! I love working with ink pens (in different sizes ahh) but I think my drawings look best in pencil haha
There's a sketchiness to the lines that I just can't figure out how to transfer over to any other medium that I work with

@Selikait: What's your favorite drawing utensil?

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/28 11:17:09 )
@Hachi: Thank you! Now that I know how easy it is to make gifs, I might make more banners that way.

I also prefer pencils for most of my drawings. I like the different weights to the lines and I have to erase and redo a lot. I like gel ink pens for doodling. I prefer my Micron markers for line work and color accents.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/30 04:14:54 )
@Selikait: Oh is it easy to make gifs? I've never made any before, but animated things are so cool! I've always wanted to add like, blinking animations to my drawings or something haha

Pencils and Ctrl Z are my best friends. When I make a mistake in ink I cry. HAHA
I love Micron pens! I used to line everything with ballpoint before I made the switch, and it was fine but Microns go on so much smoother and the tiny sizes are so satisfying to use!
I do enjoy the gel ink G2 pilot pens for literally everything else though haha. Writing with them is amazing... I'll never go back to ballpoint

Oh and, not sure if you've seen it, but I'm running an art exchange in [ this thread ] if you're interested in joining! Sign-ups are closing soon and I'm trying to get more people bc the more the merrier! And some other volties are giving away cool participation prizes too

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/30 04:18:17 )
I GOT CAUGHT UP IN THE CONVERSATION AND DIDN'T NOTICE YOU POSTED MORE ART AHHHH

Spray paint is so cool??

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/30 11:48:19 )
@Hachi: It was surprisingly easy to make the gif. I found a free app that lets you convert images or video into gifs then edit as needed. In my case, I needed to layer them all at once then crop them down so the layers would match up without me cropping each word for the headers individually.

I love Ctrl Z. I do a lot of work in spreadsheets at work and home, so that function comes in real handy. The G2 pens are my favorite as well. That's all I use for writing now. Sometimes doodles too.

I will check out the art exchange again. I was nervous about it at first, but I have confidence in myself that it will come out nice.

Yes! My girlfriend started teaching me spray paint art over the summer. The Overwatch record is one of the more experimental pieces, but the only I have a picture of so far. I have to scan the other paintings into the computer still.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/30 14:28:04 )
@Selikait: Ahh I think I'm understanding how that works - it sounds like the app makes it really convenient! What's the app called?

Sometimes I wish there was a Ctrl Z button on paper hahaha or on life rip

Whoa that's so cool! Does your girlfriend do a lot of spray paint pieces? I've never tried it before but it looks like so much fun. At some point I was really into watching videos of people making spray paint art haha it's mesmerizing

I'm really happy that you decided to sign up for the exchange! :vreg-celebrate: For the longest time I was debating asking you directly hhhh I hope Im not being bothersome

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/30 14:45:55 )
@Hachi: The app is called Gif Maker-Editor.

I wish there a Ctrl Z for paper as well. Erasing only does so much lol.

I'll try to find the video of her painting. She does a lot of cool planet and landscape paintings. I lean more toward abstract and playing with colors when it comes to spray paint.

I had been debating joining for a while, so you asking was the last push of confidence I needed. Thank you!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 03:44:23 )
bumping this up!
also

@Selikait: OOF im sorry im really bad at remembering to reply once I've compulsively deleted all my pings yikes
Planets in spray paint are so cool - I watched a lot of videos like that back then haha
I hope that you post more of your spray paint work! it's not something we often see on avatar sites

ALSO NEW QUESTION OF THE WEEK YES
i can't pick an answer tho...
I like wearing black/neutrals, red, or dark green but they're not my favorite colors to draw with, haha
I like coloring white things bc I can throw in some purple/blue or whatever other color is in the drawing, and that's fun!

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 03:50:23 )
@Hachi: I have a few pieces of spray paint art that I need to scan and upload, but that will be it until spring probably. That's the downside of the spray paint. I should make friends with an auto body shop so I can use their paint room.

I dress in similar colors, black and dark jewel tones. Maroon is a common color in my wardrobe.
For drawing, probably red (other than black) since it works well for highlights.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 04:06:05 )
@Selikait: Oh man I didn't even consider that spray paint is like... an outdoors thing WHOOPS
it's almost always sunny over here so sometimes I forget that winter actually.... exists elsewhere haha

Maroon is a good color to wear; can't go wrong with it. Either I'm really picky about wearing red or it's just hard to find a good shade of red to wear IRL (Voltra red is so nice...). Everything is too.... bright?? or dull?? Like can I have something that is not tomato or mcdonalds red. WHY IS THAT SO HARD

Ahh using neon colors on top of black is fun too!

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 11:47:02 )

@Hachi: Lol oh yeah, we definitely have winter. We usually have spring and fall too, but the past few years have been weird.

I like a lot of reds. I just don't like orange-red. Every other shade is usually good. I used to have to wear red for my uniform. It was always surprisingly hard to find plain long sleeve red shirts.
Feel free to ping me. I'm forgetful.
Temp Free Avatar Art
Trading and Selling Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.