Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat How is your gift shopping going?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 23:27:09 )

So far I have few more things to get, but I'm getting really close to being done. How are y'all doing?

Best friend is getting: Purple fox plushie, purple fox earrings, and a new hydropack (camelback/water backpack).
Brother: Throw blanket, underwear, socks.
Mom: Night gown, back massager
Uncle: Custom throw blanket

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/21 00:07:14 )

@xirin: I only have four people, but I like to give multiple gifts.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/21 00:16:17 )

I like to give people things, lol Christmas is an excuse to do that.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/21 01:06:52 )
I'm not really a Christmas gift-giver. I'm more of a birthday present kind of person, because it allows me to spread out my shopping haha. It's too stressful for me to think about what each person wants all at once, especially because I'm so indecisive. But my friends and I do a secret santa gift exchange within our group, so then each person only has to buy one thing and everyone's happy! Although this year we're not sure if we can actually meet up over the holidays, so that's yet to be decided.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/21 14:50:46 )
    I have only got gifts for my brother. I'm gonna have to knuckle down and start buying for other family members :o I have no idea what to get my mum, as usual :/

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/21 18:37:00 )
My parents are not gift givers, and it has rubbed off on me. Mother feels obligated to get me something, though, as I am her child. For the past few years, it has been a gift card or two.
Item QuestHangoutSales

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/21 19:34:08 )

@sunny: My mom is the easiest family member to shop for. It's my brother and uncle I tend to have trouble with.

Donator — ghost Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/22 01:49:12 )

I haven't even started! Yikes I need to get on that.

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/22 06:24:48 )

i haven't even started as well XD

i gotta get gifts for my parents, brother, and the kid i babsit for and maybe something for his parents too.
i might bake cookies for everyone.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/22 06:33:11 )
Honestly, I haven't started.
I feel like every year I'm like "I'll get it done early" But that never happens.

I can't be the only one who does this lol

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/22 10:49:54 )
We’ll carry on

@Kirrai: totally not alone in that

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/22 11:45:28 )
@Tuijp:
Half my problem is my younger brothers are so hard to buy for D:
Other half is laziness xD

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/22 11:58:47 )
We’ll carry on

@Kirrai: I have an older brother and it’s impossible to get him anything. He has a good salary, so, if he wants something, he buys it himself.
He also has a size clothing you can’t easily find (xxxxl since he’s 6 feet 10) and his shoes are size boat.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 00:13:08 )
@Tuijp: Just get him the all occasions socks (or beer). But even if he can afford to get what he wants, I guess it's about appreciating what you do get, even if you can get it yourself?

Size Boat... rofl! I found that funnier then it should of been, more so since I can relate with a couple of people lol.

My mother issued a budget for what to spend on my brothers, since they're too spoiled. Mothers... lol

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 01:46:05 )
My son who is 11 is the main gift getter this year. He's pretty much all I can budget in this year. He likes the band Skillet so I am buying him one of their cd's, a gift card for google play or walmart and maybe a few other small things that I know he's into, like puzzles, he loves fuzzy socks-the cuter the better, loves hot coco, and thinking if I can make it work into the budget that keeping Xbox Live Gold will also be his gift.(And mine as well as I play Xbox a fair amount as well... and am thinking of trying Fallout 76 once gamefly rents me a copy, lol.)

SO's parents pretty much are getting their gifts early as they can be used right away. He's getting a pair of Muck Lux socks which should be here tommrow. He keeps on wanting to pay us back, but I told him to consider it an early Christmas gift from us.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/23 10:11:19 )
We’ll carry on

@Kirrai: he doesn’t drink (so there goes that) and the fun socks I’d buy him, always go up to eu size 46. He has 47.

My mother tried the same before, just to go over it herself. After that, when she would tell us a budget, my bro and me would be like “yeah sure mom” and then go over it even more.
From that, she learned not to set a budget.

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/24 22:15:01 )
Here in the darkness I know myself

I’m making home made spell candles for my friends, ornaments and home made candy.

My mom is getting an insta pot and a hoodie.
I found game thing that has Burger Time on it for my dad, and probably a new sage stick / spray

I have four sisters: so they are what I’m tackling now

So far for my girl friend I have clothes and stocking things.

Can\'t break free until I let it go.
Let me go..

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/25 05:46:49 )

yesterday i went black friday shopping,
got a couple gifts, mainly for my dad since he's a bit harder to shop for cause he's a grump.
found a cheap wallet and a extendable bendy screwdriver.
(Avatar Closet)

Voltie — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/25 06:00:28 )
"ahoy,

also part of the haven't started yet crew D;
but i'm also the type to not really do gifts
so i'll just buy a gift the day before i have to or something like that xD

or i might homemake a few things and hope people like em

@Zuzu: my dad's also hard to shop for
but i realized the best gift is no gift at all since he buys all he needs already, so any gift my dad usually thinks is a waste of money

370/550

matey!"

by anarchist beauty
quest // closet

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 06:19:06 )

A lot of my family actually aren't getting gifts from me this year because I won't be traveling home. I just bought a new house.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.