Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hello and Good Morning!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/19 19:24:18 )

@Selikait: I am so glad you are finding a new home here. The people here are really friendly.

I play D&D every weekend with my friends. I love that game so much!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/19 20:07:36 )
Oh god, my friends and I aren't allowed to play Munchkin anymore HAHA it just turns into a sabotage fest at the end

Have you played Pandemic? It's one of my favorite co-op board games. My friends and I also enjoy playing Spirit Island recently

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 00:46:23 )
@Saeyra: I miss playing D&D. My rpg group disbanded over the summer. We played a lot of Pathfinder. I listen to the Critical Role podcast which got me interested in 5th edition. I got the starter kit and ran a session before my group's work schedule got in the way. Someday I'll roleplay again.

@Hachi: That is exactly why I can't play Munchkin anymore lol. It ruined the game for me. I've only played Pandemic twice. I should give it another shot.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 00:50:22 )
welcome to voltra!!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 01:02:28 )

@Selikait: Yeah I currently play 5th edition its super newb friendly especially for DMs just starting out. I do plan on playing pathfinder sometime in the future though. I have been reading the rules and they sound pretty fun. I am so sorry your group disbanded. Yeah scheduling is the killer of many campaigns. If my group disbanded it would break my heart. I am a huge fan of critical role too! I watch it on youtube every Monday! Caleb and Jester and Nott are my faaaaves!!

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 01:59:13 )
@Saeyra: Lol yes I love them. I listen to the podcast and are only a few episodes in, but they are really fun characters. I loved Sam's character in the previous campaign.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 02:18:30 )
@okios: Thank you so much for the gift!

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 02:20:35 )
@selikait: np! hope u have fun w/ them

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 04:13:19 )
@Selikait: I love Pandemic ahhh I'm also a nerd so I'm biased towards the science theme. When the game pieces come in PETRI DISHES man I'm sold

My friends and I played the Legacy version (which is... expensive and playable only 12 times) and it was amazing... there's an ongoing storyline and the rules change overtime and your actions affect future games and the conclusion and hhhhh oops sorry i'm really excited about this board game I recommend it!!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 09:16:55 )

@Selikait: Haha yes! Sam always makes the funniest characters! Laura surprised me in this new one with her character. I knew she was funny but didn't expect her to be this funny. I love them all so much so its hard to pick faves. They are so good together and also so individually talented!

Always ping me please.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/20 11:27:54 )
@Hachi: That Legacy version sounds interesting. I like the idea how your choices affect future games. Have you ever played Betrayal at House on the Hill?

@xirin: I love looking for mushrooms out while hiking. So many small cool things to find along the trails.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/21 00:44:32 )
@Selikait: Ahh I haven't played it but I think my friend owns that one. He might bring it over for Thanksgiving (if he... shows up that is). I have no idea what the game's about tho!

@xirin: okay maybe petri dish is a bit of a stretch because they're just circular plastic containers (but that's basically what petri dishes are lets be real)

Ahh do you mean the second Legacy game? I really want to play it with the same friends as I did the first one, but graduation happened and now we're not near each other at all

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/21 02:22:11 )
@Hachi: Betrayal at House on the Hill is different every time you play it. The house is created as you explore. You get a different story to solve depending on what you found throughout the house. Sometimes one of the players becomes a traitor and has a separate book to play from. It's very interesting.

@xirin: Same for me with the hiking. I had to stop taking so many mushroom pictures, it was slowing us down lol.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/22 06:00:33 )
@xirin: 1 hour is like the middleground between close enough to meet and not close enough to meet haha
my closest friend from that group is 2 hours away... at some point I just want to meet up with them for like a week and we'll just MARATHON THE THING

@Selikait: Ahhh that sounds like a lot of fun! I like unpredictable games like that. My friend is coming over tomorrow, and he does have that game, so hopefully we'll get a chance to play it! He's bringing over a lot of others too so I'll let you know what else I discover haha

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/22 18:01:43 )
@Hachi: Good luck playing all those games. They can run kinda long, on average 1-2 hours. I hope you have enough time to play a few games. Let me know how it goes.
Feel free to ping me. I'm forgetful.
Temp Free Avatar Art
Trading and Selling Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.