Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What are your Catfish stories?

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/7 01:00:49 )

โฅ For those unfamiliar with the term, Catfishing is when someone pretends to be someone they are not over the internet.

So I randomly remembered this one story of when I had to help my friend out
of a date because he got catfished. Basically my friend who I will name Kyle, has been talking to this
girl he met on Tinder. We will name this Tinder girl Molly.
Kyle originally had plans with me and another friend named Mike, by 5pm Kyle had come to pick up Mike and I.
In the car we were deciding where we wanted to go for dinner.
Suddenly, Kyle got a message from Molly asking if he wanted to go eat dinner together.
Mike and I tell him to go eat with her and that we'll just eat somewhere else in the same shopping center.
Now, the new plan for Mike and I was to basically eat/wait at the mall until Kyle comes back to pick us up.
So before Kyle drops us off to pick up Molly, he talks to us more about her and even shows a couple pics.
This is the long part, but I will cut it short.
Mike and I decide on Yakiniku. Coincidentally, Kyle and Molly show up and is seated next to us. We find out Molly
used very heavily photoshopped pictures of herself. We also find out she didnt have much in common with Kyle and was lying
to him a couple times when there were messaging. At this point Kyle just wanted to leave. He starts texting Mike a plan, then Mike tells me about it.
The plan was basically Mike pretending to be Kyles dad, while I was the mom over the phone saying there was an emergency. Before dinner could start, we make the call and Kyle explains that he needs to go, and drops Molly off back home.
The incident itself was kinda funny, but I know other people have had realllllyyyy bad experiences with catfishes.
Would love to hear stories from you guys if anyone is willing to share ^^.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/7 01:52:40 )
uhmmmm I've never been catfished, but someone got mad and has been pretending to be my husband and it's been absolutely devastating. I won't go into detail, but I hope they rot in hell or at least suffer as much as we have. :D

Your story is a lot better than mine. XD
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/7 01:59:30 )
yike. glad he got out of that mess. ๐Ÿ˜…

I don't really have a catfish story except that one time when a guy (formally) introduced me to a fine af female. Our eyes connected through the windows across a cafe a couple of times before, but I never had the courage to step in until the guy with her noticed we were stealing glances. Guy called me out, and I was honestly scared. But the dude knew I was looking for a new experience. However, I said I wasn't looking to make a mess. Brosky nodded and did me one better. He gutted her right then and there, filleted her, and put the edible innards in a separate bag for me to take home.

Donator — she, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/7 02:56:52 )
Here in the darkness I know myself

A few years ago a friend of mine who is a bit awkward in the world of dating, suddenly had a girlfriend on Facebook, he was ecstatic. I had a weird feeling about it and was about to tell him I think he got catfished and then he texted us and said someone played a really mean joke on him and the girl wasn’t real. I felt really bad for him, in the moment he was so happy.
Can\'t break free until I let it go.
Let me go..

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/7 03:26:07 )
okios:
yike. glad he got out of that mess. ๐Ÿ˜…

I don't really have a catfish story except that one time when a guy (formally) introduced me to a fine af female. Our eyes connected through the windows across a cafe a couple of times before, but I never had the courage to step in until the guy with her noticed we were stealing glances. Guy called me out, and I was honestly scared. But the dude knew I was looking for a new experience. However, I said I wasn't looking to make a mess. Brosky nodded and did me one better. He gutted her right then and there, filleted her, and put the edible innards in a separate bag for me to take home.

OKIOS I'M DED HAHAHA

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/7 03:41:38 )
*badum tss* ๐ŸŽฃ

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ฺกโ‰ฆ)ใ‚žโœฉโ—„-gallery-โ–บ

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/7 03:43:26 )
See, I don't understand the need to 'make a plan' to get out of it.
Well, I mean, I understand. People don't wanna make a scene or maybe don't want to be mean to someone who is just desperate for love.
But If someone catfishes, they should expect people to bail,
and in my opinion,
coming up with excuses to leave seems more insulting to them,
than straight up telling them you don't want to mess with liars.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/7 08:48:51 )

โฅ @okios: LOL omg this is great

@Rallaa: I totally agree with you. I literally asked why we had to do it in the first place before we even did anything. I personally would rather be blunt if I were in my friend's position, but he made his decision and it is what it is and hes just gonna have to live with it.

@Lithium: Awww that sucks :(. Not everyone is aware of the signs of a catfish so I understand what you mean.

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/11/7 09:33:28 )
We’ll carry on

So this one time, I was watching Catfish and the cat jumped up against tv

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.