Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat CALLING ALL ADULTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 07:00:50 )
Voting is next Tuesday Nov. 6th! I do NOT want this to turn into a political debate thread, but if you 18 or older please get out there and vote! If you don't know if you are registered or not please click here to find out. I know you can be automatically registered when you get an ID or driving license!

Post a pic with your "I Voted!" sticker and a link to your quest thread and I'll give you something cool. I have no way to prevent cheating, but know if you do that, that is really pathetic and I pity your sad life. So I guess have the pixels if that's what you need to feel good. >.>

People are easy to believe their vote doesn't count for the president and stuff cos there is so many but just do not understand the importance of all the LOCAL manners on every ballot that will directly affect your every day life. It's not about senators and federal laws, it's about mayors and city measures. Just please. If you can, go vote.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 07:11:09 )

I'll probably post again when I'm not half asleep, but I voted already! Apparently Texas is breaking records with early voting due to the Senate race. o: personally anxious about the outcome of that, myself. :x
But as for not voting because you think your vote doesn't matter makes me sad. One of my Xbox friends is very opinionated and vocal about politics, so I was absolutely stunned to find out this was his mentality. o:

pls don't

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 07:21:26 )
Do they not realize the amount of local things they vote for on the ballot? Votes matter sooo much for those it irks me when people hide nehind that mentality when the truth they are usually just too lazy to go out and vote x.x

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 07:43:12 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Not just lazy. I believe a large majority have no idea what they are voting for, who is who and why.

Yearly polls done at voting sites in random encounteres concern me.

During presidential election people were polled outside: "Do you support the us in bombing Agrabah." Quite a lot said yes.

Agrabah as in. Disneys Alladin fictional place. Thats just one example and why I dont (personally) prompt others to vote. If ya dont know, dont go. Orz those votes flooding in are the ones that concern me over non voters.

Just me tho!/sharing a perspective

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 07:52:19 )

Yeah Local ones actually matter a lot! I would say more than the national election (of course those are important too, but the impact is much bigger in the local ones.)
And who do you think always votes? Old people. If you, as a younger person would like to be repsesented, please vote.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 07:54:24 )

I just wanted to add that this is NOT a jab at old people. I think that everyone should go out and get involved. But I enough care young people complain about lack of representation. It doesn't help if you don't vote.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 08:05:53 )
@Millet: yes I agree not knowing better is a major problem. And that does not surprise me about agrahbah lolol buuut even the fact that those people actually got out to polls makes me happy, they care enough to do that even if our views are different. Maybe they haven't seen that movie since they were kids and are making a simple mistake of confusing it with al-qaeda. Not that I support war(once again don't want to make this thread into a political debate and that is kind of like walking on eggshells XD), but if the true majority of people do then that is democracy. Hope my rambling makes sense lol

@totalanimefan: it is true young people have a low turn out, but that is often because of their work schedules. Yes work must give you time to vote, but many states do not require employers to pay them for that time. Most young people live paycheck to paycheck so I can see how it is easy to prioritize your income. What they don't tend to realize is that their income could be affected by many of the things being voted on

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 08:10:39 )

@Luffer Nutter: Oh I know. I've worked on voting day while working retail. It's hard. People can vote early or mail in ballots.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 08:19:59 )
@totalanimefan: Yeah one of my roommates always mails in her ballot and talk about how easy it is. XD Our polling place is less than a block around the corner from my house and there usually isn't a line at all(which is kind of sad, not that I wanna wait, but I wouldn't mind waiting 10 mins even lol), so I like the experience of going. But if you can't do that most don't realize how easy a mail in ballot is.

Which is also kind of nice cos you get in the mail and you can take time to sit there and look everything up as you go through it :3

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 08:37:36 )
mail 👏 in 👏 ballots 👏 are 👏 the 👏 shit
During the last election my roommates and I all filled out our mail in ballots but then we realized that we could just drop it off like... four doors down the street...

It probably doesn't work for everyone, but me and a particular group of like-minded friends like to set aside a night to get together and just go through the whole ballot. And discuss stuff, give opinions. Then everyone picks their choice and no one judges, and we stay friends. I feel like it takes the drag out of having to research everything completely on your own. You have to find the right group of people though.

475/500

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 08:39:58 )
@hachi: I LOVE THAT IDEA SO MUCH!!!

It's too last minute now but next election I am definitely going to host a get together like that!! Hopefully get some of my friemds who wouldn't normally vote to vote! ❤❤❤❤

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 09:08:26 )
@Luffer Nutter: why not have fellow volties put there username next to there I voted sticker or on it and than take a photo so there is no cheating? sorry for bringing this up.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 10:06:29 )
That is a good idea but you could still pick up a sticker from a friend or the ground lol

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 11:53:46 )
Update: It's nearly 5am and I have been up researching and making personal notes on my local meaures and props. Send halp. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 19:22:22 )

@Hachi: I LOVE that idea so much! I think that's great. Making informed decisions and having a party at once lol

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 19:23:43 )

@Luffer Nutter: Yeah, there are always a ton of things on the ballot. I always take the time to go through it lol
I haven't mailed in a ballot yet, but I do take a cheat sheet of what I want to vote for, and I use google too lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 19:58:08 )

I am not american but I agree about voting. I always vote. Expecialy since I'm a woman and woman in the past have fought hard for my ability to vote.

Donator — sheep Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/31 21:50:26 )
I will be voting! My town doesn't give out the stickers for elections other than the Presidential election though.

@ me to get my attention or I probably won't respond

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/6 19:04:11 )
@elithiya: I am more about the props and measures >3>

@vengeance: /highfive

@iggy: waaaht? That's lame where donyou live? :<

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/6 19:11:41 )
yeah I voted early lol

Ping me!

Hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.