Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 17:16:13 )

[x]

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 17:27:00 )
I used to do that, eons ago. I would find the least noticed, least loved headstone, and just go sit next to it, and read a book for a while. Then I would tend to it, making sure it was tidy, and leave.

I found one with my own name once. ...Thaaaat bit I was not a fan of.

I love the really old ones, since they had some of the most interesting epitaphs. :3 People were snarky as hell back then, but classier about it.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 17:48:46 )

[x]

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 17:51:39 )
Whole thing. Next to a whole family that I don't have. Oo;; Weird.

I once saw a really old one that described their "dear husband" as a "wayward scoundrel, now under God's watchful eye." Like daaamn, that is some serious shade right there. You know that guy must have really screwed up. XDD;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 18:11:55 )

I love exploring cemeteries and grave yards! Though I don't get to indulge the interest as much as I would like.

This is one of my favorites when I went on a tour of the local cemeteries with my area's historical society. It was a pretty interesting day.

This one is pretty cool too, with it's cash register headstone.

Someday I'd really like to go to Hollywood Forever and watch a movie on the lawn. They just recently did a screening of Young Frankenstein.

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 18:31:00 )
haven't been to one since I was a kid. .-.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 18:47:57 )

When Pokemon Go was new I would go for that, but then I felt guilty, so I stopped.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 21:49:45 )

[x]

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 21:52:23 )
@Apollo Im Burning: nope, just haven't had a reason to go to one lol

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 21:59:51 )
I used to bike to the cemetary up the road when I was a kid(mostly to stop by and visit my Mom...), but I would walk through and visit other people's graves I didn't know either and just gave them some I dunno... respect? I felt at peace there... I felt like I was surrounded by people, yet I wasn't... it was weird.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 22:03:03 )

@Apollo Im Burning: I never really got out of my car, because it was one that you could drive around, but yeah. I felt too guilty. Haha

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 22:29:43 )

@Apollo Im Burning: Take pictures if you get a chance to go to Hollywood Forever!
This was a few years ago so I forgot a lot of the stories I heard while on that tour. But if memory serves the register was pretty old, like early 1900s I want to say. -goes through all the photos I took that day-

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 22:32:58 )

[x]

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 22:36:18 )

@Apollo Im Burning: It's a shame that a few of the cemeteries around here were damaged during Hurricane Michael. At least one founding cemetery is completely under water for the time being.

Here's a 1907 grave.

I want to say we have an unknown soldier as well, but as the grave is an unknown no way to verify that.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 22:50:39 )

Ack double post! But I just have so many grave photos XD.

All of these are from different grave yards. I can't find the Civil War ones though.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 23:06:40 )
@Apollo Im Burning: It was an overwhelming, yet peaceful feeling. Only time a cemetary didn't feel peaceful to me was when we went to pay respects to a friends sister who was murdered... it felt angry and sad. I've also seen orbs in an old cemetary that was next to an abonded church/school(Which that is a story for another time as that is more ghost hunting stuff.)

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/18 05:12:06 )

[x]

pls don't

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/18 09:20:10 )

There used to be a cemetery next to my elementary school's play ground. A lot of kids would dare each other to climb the fence and go touch one of the graves.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.