Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Stupid co-worker stories

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/13 21:41:06 )
I want to hear all about the stupid shit your co-workers have done or said.

Here's mine.

So I'm working at Mervyn's, the children's clothing department, when my manager Mary tells me I'm going to be training a new hire. I got so excited as this was my first big responsibility and I wanted to be management one day.

That's when I met him. Danny. Tall, skinny, tanned, blonde bowl cut, blue eyed, big braces, this kid was a mess to start with. But I do my job and I take him around each section, the infants, toddlers, boys, girls, etc. I show him what to do, what shirts needed to be folded and how, all the great stuff that comes with being a retail employee.

One day I'm working my department when Danny asks me to wait for him as he wants to have his lunch with mine so I do. All he has is an apple, he runs in to grab it, I start walking towards the mall with him behind me. He's talking away through mouthfulls of apple and I still had not looked at him after he grabbed it.

That's when I notice the mall security reaching for their tazers and watching us. I turn around to see if they're following us when I finally see what has them and so many mall customers so nervous. Danny is wielding a massive hunters knife of which he is using to cut the apple. He had a weapon out in public.

I sped up and pretended I wasn't with him, and he got taken in for questioning and they took his knife away lol.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/13 21:43:35 )

I had a co-worker redoing her lipstick right in front of me while I was working with her.

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/13 21:43:50 )
@vengeance: Thas just rood

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/13 21:46:41 )
@WhatAJoy: ~facepalm~ Wowwww, dude.... He must just be one of those people who is simply used to having it with him, and didn't think about it anymore.

I had someone publicly berate me at a staff meeting in front of 35 people, including 6 new hires. Unfortunately, it exceeds Voltra's PG-13 rating to repeat what they said. Use your imagination. x____x;;; I'm sure you can think of lots of words that begin with F. sigh

Yes, they did get fired. People still remember it, though. :/

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/13 21:51:28 )
@Kozi: I don't know what his reason was but he was an all around idiot lol.

I'd say repeat what they said but use the word fork in place but I get you lol. That's no good, at least they got fired. But still, a reputation is hard to build, especially with new hires, one small thing can cause it to come tumbling down and if you're to command any respect, being seen as someone goes off on you while you can do nothing but take it is a massive blow to said reputation.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/13 22:00:18 )
@WhatAJoy: That wasn't the F word they used, unfortunately. x_x;; A lot of those people aren't with the company anymore, as this was a couple years ago. and most of the ones who do remember think they were an idiot. XD;; So there's that, at least.

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/13 22:01:27 )
@Kozi: Oh the bigotted slur f word????? My husband had a kid say that to him once, but he did nothing about it. I still say the kid should have gotten fired.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/13 22:02:26 )
@WhatAJoy: Yeah, that one. It amazes me what people can still get away with these days. Oo;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/13 22:03:19 )
@Kozi: Me too, it makes no sense to me. It's more than a slur. It should be a fire worthy offense.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/14 04:46:51 )
@WhatAJoy: You seem to meet the most interesting people at Mervyn's, haha

I used to work part-time at a zebrafish facility when I was in school. It was a pretty simple job, just feeding fish and washing tanks. Essentially all the same responsibilities of owning a fish at home, except there's like... thousands of tanks of fish.

The facility is poorly designed and floods easily (few drains, flat floors, etc. whose idea was this). I can't tell you the amount of times my careless coworkers have misplaced a pipe while working and then leave the facility shortly after because they're done with their shift. I come in like an hour later and the place is nearly flooded. I spend the next hour mopping up their mess. (Sometimes it was so bad I had to use a vacuum.)

123/500

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/14 05:01:50 )
@Hachi: I used to illustrate a comic I called "Welcome to Melvins" that my co-workers all enjoyed and shared and it was all our stories of the people we met and the shit we had to deal with lol.

Yeah that would be frustrating af.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/14 05:14:21 )
@WhataJoy: If you still have those comics and are comfortable with sharing, I'd love to read them haha

125/500

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/14 05:17:02 )
@Hachi: I don't anymore. That was over a decade ago hahaha

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/14 05:48:24 )
@WhatAJoy: Awww I suppose I'll have to live with your very vivid descriptions. Can't believe it was over a decade ago, it seems you remember it in so much detail!

126/500

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/14 06:02:03 )
@Hachi: I'm a writer, I'm constantly having to give overt amounts of detail in every description hahaha.

I remember that shit like it was yesterday.

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 23:07:40 )
There was this sushi place I used to work at and I had this one co-worker who just didn't think to use common sense in certain situations.
I have multiple stories involving her but there was this one order she messed up on, and she literally could've prevented it with either nicer handwriting or grabbing another post-it because it was a long order. Instead of grabbing another piece of paper that was next to her, she decided to scrunch up these unreadable words due to no space. After taking the order, she clocked out for her shift and left it to whoever was next which was me. I was cleaning something as she left so I didn't get to look at the order while she was still in the store. My cook looks at the order and asks me to decipher what she wrote towards the end of the order because he couldn't figure it out (but neither could I lol). I call my coworker and ask but shes like "oh I forgot". Then I try looking for the customers contact info on the order but my coworker didnt even write that down so now my cook and I just try to work it out all frustrated. It resulted with an angry customer but on the bright side the customer took my coworkers name down while she was on the phone with her, so my cook and I didn't get the blame. Still had to deal with all the yelling and such though~

Art Thread | Garage Sale

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.