Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Pride + Prejudice + Zombies

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/5 22:39:08 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

Oh man, I totally should've paid attention to that quote while reading this book. Watched the movie because I was curious, and it left a lot to be desired. After watching that thing was totally expecting the book to be just as stupid. Actually I rather liked it, sure it changed a lot of things. Which is fine, I've watched and read a lot of different adaptations and variations on the original book. Is it perfect? No, but it is a fun little read. Lol loved what it did to certain characters that I hated since reading the source material.

So. Yeah. Don't judge a book by its movie...Or tv series for that matter. Lookin' at you Dresden Files.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/6 07:45:02 )

//cough
Legend of the Seeker is another example 'of don't judge a book by it's TV series'
DX

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/6 20:00:57 )

Yeah, I've heard a lot of fans complain about that show compared to the books.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 07:43:08 )

@Another Movie Addict: I've never heard anything. I've seen a couple episodes, and read almost all of the books.... and cringed so bad with the show.

And on the same vein, but a slight jump.
Rosario+Vampire.
The anime has no story. The mana is frikken awesome.
So many samples out there. Lol
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 07:31:07 )
I tried reading that book a few years ago and just couldn't get into it. I gave up after a few chapters. To be fair though, I couldn't even get that far into the original book. I definitely judged the book by it's cover though, there was a zombie on it so I just assumed it'd be more my speed.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/24 03:29:01 )
I skipped the movie and the book. lol I love Pride and Prejudice, and I love zombies...but the combination just didn't appeal to me. And from what I've heard, yeah, I really haven't missed much.

I did pick up a book where Darcy and Elizabeth are both gay and in love with other people. I haven't read it yet but I thought that sounded pretty interesting. haha

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.