Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Holy shit I just caught a mouse. UPDATE

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 02:15:36 )
Just a few minutes ago. I heard my old cat jingling and this high pitched squeaking noise. I knew she was probably chasing the mouse that lives in the basement.

I got out of bed and checked out the noise. Yup, old cat was sitting in front of my sneakers, starting them down. Great. Mouse in my shoes. I kicked one of them over and a tiny mouse scampered between my legs. Cat chased it.

Little bastard must have been tired, or maybe just playing dead because it stopped in its tracks the middle of the room. Cat stopped too and stared it down. Useless.

I grabbed a leftovers container and trapped it. Cat was miffed. I yelled for my husband to show him my catch (and woke him up out of a sound sleep- he wasn't impressed). Then, I threw the tiny pest out into the front yard. He landed on his back, still playing dead. Like a drama queen.

I'm sure he'll make his way back into the house by morning. I don't want to have to kill him myself, so I'm hoping an owl does my dirty work for me.

Cat is still miffed and giving me the cold shoulder. Husband is grumping hard because I woke him up. I can't sleep because adrenaline, so I'm sharing this with you all.

Thanks for reading.

---

Edit: UPDATE

It was still in my yard this morning. It was breathing and had its eyes closed, but it must be injured. Not sure if my cat hurt it or if I injured it when I yeeted it across the yard last night.

Here's a video of me poking it this morning: https://i.imgur.com/Eg9jI55.gifv

It'll probably be dead by the time I get home tonight.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 02:32:29 )
I don't think I can ever heal,
Ever replace that hole your death tore in me.

Mice are adorable, but hell to have in the walls DX

I've caught several myself. Usually because they climb into somewhere they can't get out. XD

My cat loves to chase them too.... and is always miffed when I take away his fun. Lol.

Also, FYI: Mouse bites HURT. XD

Feb 17/69 - November 07/16
I miss you more than you can ever know.

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 02:54:54 )
@Lady Luna: I saw a YouTube video a while back where the guy used a huge bowl with oil at the bottom to catch mice. They would be attracted to it, fall in, and it was too slippery to get out. He caught like 10 mice.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to getting bit, so I was super careful while handling him. I've been bitten by hamsters before and that wasn't fun. Can't imagine a mouse.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 03:43:14 )

@Kelsey: That's a pretty awesome story, not gonna lie.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 03:44:21 )
There was a mouse in my room once. It was too chubby to fit underneath my door but it kept trying to squeeze itself through and that's how I heard it. It would keep running behind my dresser when I tried to stand up and catch it, so I tossed the granola bar I was eating on the floor to entice it into staying put. It sort of worked but I still wasn't able to trap it, the little bugger was too fast for me. I decided to ignore it but then it started climbing the string to my blinds and up to the window so I opened the window to let it out but that scared it and it jumped a foot away off the string back behind my dresser. It was so close to freedom. Eventually I just opened my bedroom door and let it run around so my cats could get it. There was another one recently that got into the trashcan but my mom took care of that one since I wasn't home.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 04:03:08 )

@Kelsey: They're about the same, actually.
So if you know one, you're ready for the other. XD //has been bit by both.

..... rat bites are worse though > >
But then again, bigger teeth. Lol.

Also, if you want to catch mice, get a nice big jar of Peanut butter that is almost empty, and leave it open on the table. Lol.
I've caught a bunch of mice that way. Poor things can't crawl out, and adore PB.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 16:35:17 )
I get bats in my house a lot,has a mouse once but he somehow found it's way back out and we never saw it again

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 17:34:10 )
UPDATE

It was still in my yard this morning. It was breathing and had its eyes closed, but it must be injured. Not sure if my cat hurt it or if I injured it when I yeeted it across the yard last night.

Here's a video of me poking it this morning: https://i.imgur.com/Eg9jI55.gifv

It'll probably be dead by the time I get home tonight.

@nyreen: BATS? Dude I would FREAK. You are so brave.

@Lady Luna: If we notice any more I'll definitely try the peanut butter thing. My husband wants to put out traps or poison but my cat is such a dumbass we'd probably just end up at the emergency vet. Rats and mice make cute pets, but they cross into pest territory when they invade my house.

@stubbornkimchi: lmao I just got an image of a fat cartoon mouse getting stuck in your door like Winnie the Pooh.

@Totalanimefan: glad you liked it. Storytelling is my specialty.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 19:43:03 )
@Kelsey: i think they're cute XD i just throw a blanket over them, pick them up gently, place them on the ground outside then lift up the blanket
call me grem
they/them

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 20:50:14 )

@Kelsey: Rodents are adorable and wonderful pets, but yeah.... no invasions please. Lol.
.... I don't think I'd complain to an invasion of hammies though > >

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/24 22:47:05 )
@kelsey: oh... okay....
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 02:16:00 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

nyreen:
I get bats in my house a lot,has a mouse once but he somehow found it's way back out and we never saw it again

Back when I lived in a studio apartment there was a bat infestation and my apartment was the "leak in side." Had like 14ish bats over the course of two months. Went from nervous to a pro by the end of it!

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 02:31:43 )
no one show vreg this thread.

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 20:05:40 )

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 20:14:11 )
We\'ll carry on

@Vregory: and
@Mousy: also

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 22:14:17 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

@Okios: You just had to go and point it out to poor Vreg!!!!

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 22:20:39 )
@Vregory: It wasn't outside when I got home so I'm pretty sure it's dead. ...Just in case you weren't already devastated.

@Mousy: This actually made me laugh in real life. I'm sorry for chucking you unceremoniously into the front yard in the middle of the night, then poking you with my keys the next morning.

@Millet:
and
@nyreen: I would probably just torch the place and move lol. Bats ARE pretty cute when there's no way they'll fly at me or give me rabies, though. They're cute at the zoo. And on the internet.

@Amber Lynne: I'm certain an invasion of hammies is heaven.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 22:29:35 )

@Kelsey: Most certainly! Especially if you befriend any //nodnod

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 23:40:56 )
@millet: false. vreg is rich.
*badum tss*

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator — Any Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 00:36:05 )
》::: ✿・`.*
@Kelsey: My house is horridly infested :*(.
Our landlord didnt mention that 20 mice came with our house lmfao..
He wont do anything abt it either. We tried normal traps but only got one. Dont wanna use the really cruel ones but we might have to since decon is a nope due to our dogs (especially my pupper).

One got in my dogs food bag once.. i kicked the bag and the lil mfer flew out and splatted onto the wall. Oops?
*.`・✿ ::: 《
Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.