Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts CLOSED

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 17:40:29 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Anarchist Beauty: your avi looks so adorables. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 19:03:28 )

I totally agree Lina!
      Now tell that to Fozzy cos I made a thread about the Quinn thing and he shut me down.

@star2000shadow: Thank-you!
      I love yours, too!
      I've been working on a camping themed avi, too.
      But I just equipped my current, so I'll be waiting. lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 21:10:42 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Anarchist Beauty:

I totally agree Lina!
      Now tell that to Fozzy cos I made a thread about the Quinn thing and he shut me down.

@star2000shadow: Thank-you!
      I love yours, too!
      I've been working on a camping themed avi, too.
      But I just equipped my current, so I'll be waiting. lol

nothing wrong in waiting I keep fidling with smine, gotta earn some money to get the bangs i want that'll look nice with the current theme im going for but 'shrugs' well we'll see haha. <:3( )~~

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 23:11:48 )
Harlequin has the hands in the 3 skin colors now, light, medium, and dark. Which is what they usually do when they have skin tones. I’m fine with that, even if it’s not perfect. I can use the lighter one without feeling weird.

It’s when they deliberately choose one skin tone per pose. Like the Quinn which they won’t change

-Any odds are good odds for the damned-

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/18 23:34:35 )
I made a topic if you want to reply
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/10848

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 19:45:23 )

@star2000shadow: Ooh! Cute avi!

@Lina: For sure.
      If you're going to make a damn item, make sure whatever mods you make come in AT LEAST all the default bases tones!
      Like do not race lock shit.
      It's STUPID.
      Like, I'm gonna die mad about this.

I peeped the thread and will reply!
      But first, I'm just gonna sit here and roll my eyes over a certain reply in that thread.
      And I feel like you can guess which one.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 21:15:48 )

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Anarchist Beauty: aww thanks hu n, glad you like her, i did one to submit to the newest contest and then started fiddling on this one haha. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 22:02:30 )
@Anarchist Beauty: thank you for the support.
I know exactly which reply you’re talking about.
For the most part Voltra is usually constructive in their discussions, but not everyone apparently

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 22:25:12 )

@Lina: In particular I have encountered that person before and they can be very...
      Self important? I think that's the phrase.
      Very 'my opinions are best and everyone else is wrong'.

But I hope I did a fairly decent job of explaining things without coming off as rude.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/19 23:03:35 )
I think you were very well spoken.

I don’t understand people who can’t accept other’s opinions. Like, hearing them is somehow hurtful. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and we aren’t all going to agree, but we can still get along if we accept each other. There is no reason to be hostile or self important.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 04:11:14 )

Some people just can't accept that their own views aren't shared by everyone else.
      Makes them feel better to belittle others for their differing views, opinions, etc.
      I don't get it, but I suppose that's because I'm not that big of an asshole. lmao

But anyway, I think I'm already getting used to this whole 'work' thing. lol
      Or at least, I'm getting used to the tiny amount of work I have been doing, since I only go in from 3 to 5/5:30pm.
      But there's already a system to it, so when my 'boss' asks me to come in earlier and start giving me more hours I'll have a foundation to build upon!

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/20 22:06:45 )
I’m glad your work is going well!
It’s always hard to get used to a new job, but it gets easier as you get used to it.

I got to work an hour ago.
Displayed new candy, we have Halloween pocky! It’s normal, just in Halloween boxes. But it’s cute

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/21 19:17:59 )

Random Trivia!
      The first person to answer correctly will win 5 House Points!

Who stole the locket Horcrux from Grimmauld Place after Sirius' death?

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/24 04:54:57 )
Omg, they catch him stealing things to sell..... uh...

mundungus fletcher?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 21:58:50 )

Correct!

Whoops, post some trivia and then I disappear. lmao

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/26 23:55:22 )

IMPORTANT UPDATE
      A very important addition has been made to the front page of Hogwarts: A Hangout. A written piece to hopefully bring some peace of mind to the students here and officially make a move to denounce the horrible words and actions being taken by the author of the Harry Potter books.

While she may have given us this vibrant and beautiful world, her words continue to poison the experience for many fans. Here in this castle we refute these poisonous words and we use our power to take back the story we love; she may have given it to us but now we're not giving it back.

For the full disclaimer please view the front page of this thread.
      Please note that the placement of the disclaimer may shift in the future, but for now it occupies a place of importance in the second post.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Have a magical day! *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 00:18:29 )
Thank you for that

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 03:18:25 )

With everything that she's said, especially recently, I don't want to leave anyone with the impression that I support or agree with her in anyway. She is a vile woman and I despise that she's taken her celebrity status and used it to hurt so many people; many of whom were active and avid Harry Potter fans. It disgusts me and I wish I could cleave her taint from these books and the world she created.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 17:05:17 )
It’s so hard for me to imagine the author that was so avid about house elf rights and bloodlines not mattering and muggle equality is the same person I see now.
I basically choose to pretend the books were actually written by someone else.
Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/08/27 17:41:17 )

Honestly, but I guess that just fully proves that she's nothing more than a performer.
      Her 'inclusivity' was always nothing but fictional, and it's sad.
      She created this world where so many people who felt like outsiders or felt like they were 'other' made there home, and then she opened her poisonous mouth and spewed forth so much garbage that she's made those same people feel used, and horrible now.
      She stole one of the safe places these people had, and I despise her for it.
      How dare she, how dare she take something we have all loved and cherished for many years and taint it with her horrible and backwards way of thinking.
      It's ugly, she's an ugly person; in her soul. That's a black stain that's not washing off and I wish to whatever powers that be that I could actually cleave her taint from this series.
      I want Hogwarts to continue to be a safe space for people, but I know that no matter how hard I try there's no way to completely remove her stink from it. But dammit, I'm still going to try.
      I'm stealing quotes from Labyrinth now, but she has no power over me.
      This castle is MINE. This story is MINE. And SHE means NOTHING.
      So I'm going to sit here and I am going to touch everything she ever created with my grubby little gay hands, and I'm going to do what people have been doing to Butch Hartman for years: I'M GONNA MAKE IT ALL QUEER!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.