Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Games from your childhood

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 02:53:07 )
Recently, my friend came over with his copy of Sonic Mania and hit me with a massive wave of nostalgia. I grew up on the Sonic games on the Sega Genesis and Dreamcast, I remember playing them all the time with my cousin. (Although the details are fuzzy because I was really young at the time.) The bonus stages where you collect spheres(?) really brought back some good memories:

What are some games that you remember from your childhood?

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 03:02:48 )
There was this one PC game I had that I don't remember the name of. xD You could take icons of animals and stuff, make them small or big and put them on a background, like a farm or a castle or a house.

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 03:36:29 )
The old PC game Outlaws. I'd play that together with my dad sometimes.
Same for the original Age of Empires. I called them 'the cowboy game' and 'the stone age game' respectively.
Those were super young memories though.

In my adolescence it was games like Tony Hawk's Underground.
I am shit at video games and rarely can complete them, but Tony Hawk's Underground was one of the few I could complete so I really like it because of that lol.
I really really like the original Jak and Daxter. I never beat it, but I love it.
It was the first game I got for my PS2, that I won from a school fundraiser competition.
I didn't have a memory card though, so I'd have to start over every day I played it.
I got pretty good at going through the first 2-3 areas.
I was almost a speedrunner lol

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 04:17:23 )
hoop n stick

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 04:31:32 )
Oh man, I forgot to mention Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2.
I actually watched a Let's Play of Dark Cloud recently, and I'm watching one of Dark Cloud 2 (AkA Dark Chronicle) right now.
The soundtracks for both of them are nice.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 09:23:11 )

I still have 2 sega's so I still play Sonic a lot. I also still play the old shooter games I grew up with (Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Hexen, Heretic etc).

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 10:12:36 )
I've got nintendos, SUPER nintendos, a 3DO and a game cube which all get plugged in and enjoyed regularly..... but lately I've been playing my first ever MMO again: Everquest. I'm immediatly reminded of why I never got into games like WOW because EQ does not hold your hand at all. They actually expect you to read text to figure out your objective rather than shooting off flares to lead you where you need to be, and I love that. Its like I actually have to PLAY the game to accomplish anything... plus the music is like a giant nostalgia bomb <3
@Kid: Mario paint was ahead of it time.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/22 15:00:41 )
Oh boy.... Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, the original Resident Evil, Original Tomb Raider, Donkey Kong and Castelvania.

Voltie — She/He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 09:45:13 )
My childhood games were

Pokemon,Halo

Halo is really special too me because me and my dad beat all of them together

Voltie — male Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/20 05:31:19 )
I played starcraft for awhile but then sims came into my life. XD I continue to this day to play! just the sims 4 now XD

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/20 05:45:27 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I use to play a lot of computer games
but sorta some were more of learning games i think or finding games
where you find items.

I use to play Pajama Sam series
Putt Putt saves the zoo
Tonic Trouble
Frogger 2 Swampy's Revenge[my favorite]
Jazz Rabbit 2

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/26 08:44:21 )
Surprisingly, CSGO. I got into it with someone I have bittersweet memories of, and I joined her group who played together. It was fun. I miss who we were then.

The Sims, specifically 1 & 2, was a huge part of my childhood. It was the game I made my parents spend a ton of money on. I loved the community. I loved how me and my cousins could fangirl over it. I loved the movies made using it. (I believe my main one was called: The House on Cemetary Hill.)

I mean, there's a ton more. But those 2 are the main hitter in the feels for me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.